PDA

View Full Version : 1st

Cipher
12-07-2001, 11:11 AM
Sorry to bother everyone I am just testing my new account out to make sure it is working since the forums have moved.

But just to make it a little bit on topic. Has anyone tried putting ducktape around a canvas punching bag? I have a canvas one and it is a little difficult to use when you use bare fists, elbows and knees. it tends to burn the mess out of you. My worry is that the tape will make it much harder compared to hitting a vinel-covered bag. Any ideas or help? Thanks.

shaolinboxer
12-07-2001, 11:26 AM
Taping a bag with duct tape gives you two problems. One is the tape bleeds glue, so you wind up with a sticky bag. The other is the fibers tend to split and can give you cuts.

Heavy canvas bags are not really designed for bare skin. If you so bare hand it, make sure your strikes travel straight in. This will minimize the dragging that's causing the burns.

Other wise, I suggest pants and thin gloves.

Water Dragon
12-07-2001, 11:29 AM
Where you at in Indiana? I'm in Hammond (next door to Gary)

Leonidas
12-07-2001, 11:13 PM
Why don't you try to get an unfilled leather heavy bag . Put a garbage bag over it and tighten or just cover your hand elbow and knee with cloth............. i ran out of ideas

straight blast
12-08-2001, 01:26 AM
Try wearing wraps when you punch it. They'll protect you plus toughen your skin up

Cipher
12-11-2001, 12:13 PM
I've tried the boxing wraps and thin gloves and they work but it would be easy to not have to worry about covering every striking area. But what ever works is what I'll have to do. I would like to try some kind of vinel or leather cover, this would probably work fine.

Water Dragon,

I live in southern Indiana. I think Gary is close, were is it in reference to Louisville?

Water Dragon
12-11-2001, 12:42 PM
Nope, other end of the state. I'm a 10 minute drive from South Chicago