PDA

View Full Version : I think it's that time of the month!!!

SanHeChuan
12-07-2001, 02:09 PM
why the hell do i keep getting cramps,

i can burn my self out doing my forms, but if i do straight leg stetch kicks, or kick the shield i get a bag cramp, always right under my ribs on the left side (my left)

OK sometimes i get a cramp doing forms or something else but it takes longer and isn't as painful.

Wu Wei
12-07-2001, 03:40 PM
I think I know what your'e talking about SanHeChuan.

I believe in my case its been something to do with the stomache.
I think it may be excessive acid from digestion that gets kicked around when the body moves rigorously.
This may be different than what SanHeChuan was talking about.

Could anyone let me know if hits theory is correct?

SanHeChuan
12-07-2001, 09:07 PM
uh, no

that not whats happening to me, but thats cool.

It's more of your traditional cramp, not getting enough blood, oxygen, or something to the cramping area because its being diverted to other areas, the dont swim right after eating cramp, i forget what the biological causes really are.

i'm just wondering why it happens when doing kicks and stuff, but not when i'm doing forms and stuff.

Leonidas
12-07-2001, 10:55 PM
Something like that happens to me. If i lift my left arm above my head for an extended period of time, say 10 seconds, it gets really tight and i have to put it down. Then my arm starts to spasm. You can actually see the muscle in my arm moving. Muscles that i usually have no control over. They dont normally move when i flex them.

SanHeChuan
12-08-2001, 12:24 AM
...but i'm getting responses so i cant complain.

thats wierd Leo, makes me think that something is out of place, and pressing some nerves or something, If it were me i'd go see a Rolfer or something.

Cipher
12-11-2001, 01:37 PM
Maybe more potassium will help. Or could it be a sore muscle? Sometimes if I have been going through a lot of upper body stress from working out or just doing a hard job I notice tight feelings in my chest and mid torso area.

SanHeChuan
12-11-2001, 09:36 PM
i guess i'll try and eat more bananas or something

GunnedDownAtrocity
12-12-2001, 12:00 AM
how is your cardio?

that happens to me too sometimes, but my cardio sucks.

i have endurance to spar for long periods or work (actual work) all day, but have crap hard core short term endurance.

SanHeChuan
12-13-2001, 03:53 PM
My cardio sucks, but I only seem to get cramps when running, stretch kicking, and shield kicking.

fmann
12-13-2001, 07:05 PM
It could be not enough stretching/warming up, or perhaps you need to do strengthen your hip flexors more.

When you slowly kick, do you cramp up? Also, are these "shakable" cramps? aka, you can shake them off and they don't come back during the rest of your training time.

SanHeChuan
12-14-2001, 01:44 PM
No, when we do stretch or bag kicks they are fast, hard, and quick paced.
Once I get a cramp I just take it easy the rest of class, and it goes away a lil bit after whatever strenuous exercise we were doing.
I pretty much dread stretch kicks now and mostly just half ass them when we do do them so I don’t have to halfass the rest of class.