PDA

View Full Version : Biotest (ahhh!)

PHILBERT
12-07-2001, 02:45 PM
Ok this Christmas I am going to be getting some gift certificates (and even if I don't, I am still going to GNC) at GNC. I've heard some good stuff and some bad stuff about Biotest. I was wondering about the facts.

I went to the Biotest site and am willing to bet that it is b.s. (those sucess stories) and was wanting everyone who reads this and has tried Biotest to post what they took and what happened. I know IronFist dislikes them, but I can't recall why. Anyway, who here has tried Biotest and what was it and what is your opinion? Notice a change? A waste of $50? Thanks.

SifuLMDII
12-08-2001, 12:25 AM
Hello!

One of my students called me today talking about Biotest. He is wanting to try it, and I am thinking about trying it too! The specific product that we discussed is called mag-10, and it supposedly costs about $100.00 per 4.26 ounces! It's expensive enough to where it ought to do something! If we try it I'll post the results!

PHILBERT
12-08-2001, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by SifuLMDII
The specific product that we discussed is called mag-10, and it supposedly costs about $100.00 per 4.26 ounces! It's expensive enough to where it ought to do something!

Yes, it will do something. Drain your wallet if nothing else. By law the stuff does not have to go by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) so they can stuff flour into a pill and say it will help you get bigger. Placebo effect? Maybe. But I want other people's experiences with Biotest.

There are some fradulent companies out there to make a quick buck. Its a trust thing really. I trust EAS and TwinLab because I have seen AND experienced positive results from their products. However, I started with some cheaper products from EAS and TwinLab before forking out the $40 for the more expensive things. Biotest has no cheap stuff.

I was at GNC last night at the mall and found 2 bottles of Biotest products (I can't remember what they were) and each bottle was $40. One had 90 capsules and one had 120. I think one was a metabolism forumula. (M-6 or something like that comes to mind as one of the products). And I am not exactly capable of tossing $40 out on a product (ok, I get 20% off `cause of the Gold Card, but have to pay like 8.25% sales tax) to have no results. And while GNC has an excellent return policy (bring a product back if you don't like the results), the only catch 22 is if the product says "Money back guarantee" and I doubt Biotest has that.

Like I said, I am sure some people on this board has tried Biotest and am just wondering what the product was they tried and what the results were. Thanks.

IronFist
12-08-2001, 01:46 PM
Biotest sucks.

Their tribulus does not have enough active ingredient to do any good.

Their androsol sucks... 80 sprays a day? Give me a break. If you are looking for this type of product get androspray by ergopharm, it's infinately better.

Their "Grow" was decent, I've heard, but discontinued.

They make fradulent claims all the time, their magazine is pretty crappy (except for certain interviews), and TC Luoma is a friggin tool.

Oops, the Biotest people are knocking at my door... what I meant to say, was, er... um... Androsol actually feels like you're doing a cycle of deca! Uh... Using Biotest creatine and tribulus, I put on 600lbs of muscle in 2 days, and have .5% bodyfat, yeah, that's it. umm... umm...

Ok, they're gone.

Anyway, if you're looking for some stuff at GNC, people generally regard the following as the best supplements:

Multivitamin. Make sure you get a good brand. I've had some that make my stomach hurt... a lot of times what's on the label isn't in the vitamin. GNC's megaman is supposed to be an excellent vitamin, i've only heard good things about it, but it's a bit expensive.

Protein. The building block of muscle. You will never go wrong having a protein shake after a workout (take it with something with carbs in it, because after a workout you're in a low glycemic state).

Creatine. Controversial for martial artists, as it can leave you dehydrated. I forgot who, but someone on this forum got really fùcked up from taking creatine, so if you're 100% a martial artists, or do a lot or even a bit of cardio, I would not recommend it.

Glutamine. An amino acid that helps build muscle and bone. Many people say taking 5-10g of glutamine per day helps them recover noticably faster. Others say it's all just absorbed into your intestine and you get no benefit from it. Either way, don't get it in pill form.

Those are probably the best supplements you can get, besides things like vitamin C.

Good luck,

btw, does GNC even sell Biotest? Don't order anything from them, don't even buy anything made by them.

Oh yeah, and stay away from stuff that ends with "-tech," as I've heard pretty bad things about them, too.

Iron

PHILBERT
12-08-2001, 02:10 PM
Yes, Biotest is sold at GNC. Not a large selection (I've seen just 2 different supplements there and about 10 of both). I've seen Biotest only at 1 GNC for sure. I've been to 4, and even though 1 GNC is litererally a block from my house (I can open my bedroom window and see it), I've only really looked for it at 2 GNC so far.

One GNC the clerk was on the phone with someone (boyfriend, boss, friend, whoever) and I asked if they sold Biotest and she said she never heard of them and neither did the person on the phone. I will check some others around here, there are a §hit load in my area. I can think of about 7 or 8 GNC off the top of my head.

Anyway, thanks IronFist for telling me about Biotest. I heard they were pretty crappy and figured false advertisement (those ads are pretty ga„). Anyway, thanks for the heads up and for the other recommendations.

Sucks, I should of asked sooner then I could walk over to GNC right now and gotten 20% off (it is good from the 1st through 7th of each month for those who don't know). Oh well, thanks anyway.

Jowbacca
12-08-2001, 09:05 PM
Aiight as a t-mag fan i think i should probly say something.
I had good results with Biotest's Md-6.
I've never seen Biotest at GNC.
If u want lower prices on Biotest stuff, go to www.sportsupplements.com Biotest stuff only costs about 75% there.

I don't know what the new formula of MD6 is like. I never tried Andro or Tribulus. Methoxy 7 looked kinda interesting; and so did T2 (supposed to manipulate T3 levels in the body). I've also heard bad things about Androsol.

The only really bad things i've ever seen in their mag t-mag.com were their posthumous attack on Dan Duchaine and reports that Md-6 (an ECA stack pretty much) could wipe the floor with Clenbuterol.

Busting on a supplement company for unrealistic claims would be like busting on a particular politician for not being 100% honest. They all talk mad trash and very few are innocent.

I went with T-mag 'cuz after muscle media got p*ssified there was nobody really left carrying the torch. As bad as Biotest articles and advertizing may be, I've seen a lot of terrible adz and articles in just about ANY body building mag.

As a supplement company/product; i've enjoyed my TwinLab and Designer (or whoever makes Designer Protein and Big Whey). I think EAS stuff's pretty good for the most part, but I've gotten burned by some of their products- like Neurogain. I also have a hard time digesting Myoplex.

As far as supplements in general go, i don't really wanna be taking anything more than maybe a MRP and Protein shakes- possibly a fat burner if I get off ritalin. I was one of the ones that had a bad experience with creatine- i don't digest that well either.

General diet/nutrition info i can get from books.

As far as magazines go, i think i'm gonna stick more with olympic lifting and powerlifting in general, and am looking to them for training info.

Like 'em or not, TC Luoma, Biotest, and t-mag are not angels, yet they only deserve as much, or less, criticism as anyone else out there.

Jowbacca
12-08-2001, 09:07 PM
One more thing, I never, NEVER use GNC brand products. Their vitamins stunk! I don't even like shopping there.

PHILBERT
12-08-2001, 09:29 PM
Yeah I've looked at some of there mag site, but couldnt figure it out. When I clicked something, half naked women started popping up on my screen. Maybe I will check it out again.

Ford Prefect
12-10-2001, 03:40 PM
Yeah, Biotest sucks. I tried almost everything they offer. The only thing that used to be worth anything was Grow!, but that was when they sold it in 2 lb containers and not those packets.

rubthebuddha
12-11-2001, 12:38 AM
gonna have to argue with the creatine recommendation. i've used it for almost a year, and i've had no probs with it. admittedly, i drink half a gallon of water per day minimum, so the dehydration isn't a problem. anyone who doesn't is asking for it because they don't understand creatine. it pulls water through the muscles. the water has to come from somewhere, neh?

honestly, i think creatine, when used with care, can be very beneficial. general deep muscle soreness leaves quicker now, and i recover much faster between sets and exercises as well. that stuff was unexpected. i was just using it to be able to do a few more reps per set, which did happen. it supposedly acts as a lactic acid buffer and helps the muscle stay fed during work, and it seems to have done that for me.

again, like anything else, could be placebo. but i continue to happily take the stuff and i would recommend other people look into it thoroughly before ****ing it, and i recommend even moreso that anyone interested read up on how to start taking it. loading or no loading, you're going to need a bunch more water in your diet than you may be used to. i've heard the negative stories, and it may be an individual thing (difficulty in digesting certain amino acids), moronic thing (not enough water) or an outright crock of sh!t. my favorite story? my ex told me that her co-worker took it and it ripped his stomach up. of course, this is the mentally unstable guy who would take it and sit on the couch and eat chips and drink pepsi all day and expect the supplement to turn him into john basedow.

anyhoo, that's my two cents. i won't swear by anything, but i'm enjoying good results that i feel i can attribute to creatine. good enough for me.