PDA

View Full Version : Trends of Uniforms this year....

Fen
12-08-2001, 02:02 AM
What does everyone think the "HOT" uniform style is going to be this next year....Seemed like last year EVERYONE was wearing Black and Red with the apliques.....and the interlocking frog buttons?? What do you think for next year???

kungfu cowboy
12-08-2001, 02:19 AM
I am waiting to hear what Mr. Blackwell has to say.

Paul
12-08-2001, 02:24 AM
Maybe we should ask David Carradine?

straight blast
12-08-2001, 05:07 AM
Van Damme just made a movie in which he shaves his head and wears the robes of a Shaolin monk. I'm just waiting until my mail-order robes come in and then I'm shaving my head. I can't wait to see the reaction of the guys I Kickbox with when they see I've reached enlightenment before them, and take time to denounce their violent ways.
I'll keep you posted, my children...

NorthernMantis
12-08-2001, 06:36 PM
Whatever they wore in the past.Thay're not uniforms anyways.Just regular clothes that people war.Someday my clothes will become uniforms too:p

Yung Apprentice
12-08-2001, 06:51 PM
interesting.....veeeeery interesting!

wushu chik
12-11-2001, 01:28 AM
Hey, you are a pretty smart guy to know that those are "just clothes"!!!! ANYWAYS...that's not exactly what he was talking about.....they are called UNIFORMS in martial arts terms, DUH...look under the UNIFORMS section in your catalog or on this site!!! Next time....UNLESS YOU HAVE SOMETHING REMOTELY INTERESTING TO SAY....MIND YOUR OWN!!

Anyway...I personally have seen many different UNIFORMS this last year....black and red (a lot of those) a few gold and black...and some blue and black. There were just a few white and black (not talking traditional tkd and such).....

I have been noticing thru the last few years, the black and red were REALLY popular...but now it seems like the black and gold are coming in for their turn as well!!

rubthebuddha
12-11-2001, 01:44 AM
is this conversation even happening, or did my roommates spike my cookie crisp with lsd again?

KungFuGuy!
12-11-2001, 02:36 AM
Wushu chick, you have a lot of anger. Meditate more :D

Although temple kung fu sucks, I like their green with black bordering uniforms.

KC Elbows
12-11-2001, 09:09 AM
I think Northern's point was that all the traditional uniforms were not traditionally uniforms, they were just regular clothes people wore in their daily business. Only in modern times are they uniforms.

I'm predicting pants and some sort of top in kung fu, green leotards and tutus in bjj, and the JKD guys will just wear whatever, though they will probably wear a lot of clashing colors.

Of course, Master Pan will continue to wear gold lamee(or however its spelled). You just can't go wrong with a classic.

kungfu cowboy
12-11-2001, 09:40 AM
Good call on master Pan! Man, somebody needs to call the fashion police on that particular Mr. Bungle!:p

wushu chik
12-11-2001, 11:31 AM
A girl just can't have any fun without everyone just jumping in and knocking her back down!! I know what he was talking about...EVERYONE knows what he was talking about!! But that wasn't the question! And I don't need to MEDITATE...i am always in a tranced state!!

KC Elbows
12-11-2001, 11:36 AM
I'm still going with gold lamee.:D

Gargoyle again
12-11-2001, 12:40 PM
:eek:
Martial arts has fashion trends!
:eek:

I'm all of a sudden visualizing Victoria's Secret models in pastel silk gis throwing butterly kicks down a fashion show runway to thumping electronica music...

Oh wait, Team Paul Mitchell already puts on those shows :D :D :D

rubthebuddha
12-11-2001, 12:51 PM
do NOT diss team paul mitchell. they have the best hair of any competitive team and you know it.

Starchaser107
12-11-2001, 01:06 PM
Dont let team herbal essences hear you

i predict an ultra modern look to traditional kungfu uniforms this year.
no more elastic cuffs maybe even intricate celtic designs designs
on the sleeves and across the upper back and shoulders.

i see alot more blue and white. black and gold seems dated.

also more light beige or light tan off whitish colours for a more pacifist look, highlighted with black , red or brown trim. again with subtle celtic knots for button holes, and ancient designs remeniscent of the peoples of new zealand, the mau i think

NorthernMantis
12-11-2001, 04:17 PM
Hey, you are a pretty smart guy to know that those are "just clothes"!!!! ANYWAYS...that's not exactly what he was talking about.....they are called UNIFORMS in martial arts terms, DUH...look under the UNIFORMS section in your catalog or on this site!!! Next time....UNLESS YOU HAVE SOMETHING REMOTELY INTERESTING TO SAY....MIND YOUR OWN!!

Wushu Chik you have offended me and.. aw shuks you know the rest :D and yes I am smart thank you for the compliment.

Is that how your sifu teaches you?Who are you to come and attck me out of nowhere?I'm sure your school does not allow this type of behavior.Hmmff some martial artist you are.Blasting away at people for no reason and with that rude mouth.I have seen how you act with other people,stubborn and rude.You should take Jas' example,she's a much calmer person but she doens't let people walk all over her.Martial arts is not about that, ok?What kind of image are you portraying for the future martial artists of your school?Is that a way to set a good example?Insults would get you no where.If you want tocorrect and inform then do it respectully.Like I said before respect others and they will respect you back.If you would have done it that way I would have understood that perhaps it wasn't the best thing to say and nothing would have come out of it.I would have listened.

I knew what he meant.There are people out there,however, that do not know that they're not really uniforms and some of the people who know that they're not uniforms think that sashes came in only one color when they came in many.Sometimes they're not sahses,I've seen other things worn.I merely stated that to make sure no one made a mistakes.Read KC Elbows post and you'll see what I mean.

A girl just can't have any fun without everyone just jumping in and knocking her back down!! I know what he was talking about...EVERYONE knows what he was talking about!! But that wasn't the question! And I don't need to MEDITATE...i am always in a tranced state!!

Insulting people isn't fun and it's unbecoming of a martial artist.I wasn't asnwering a question and I do not need to post in order to answer his quetion.It's a free forum.Yes I believe you do need to meditate.

Obviously you have something to prove to everyone here.Trying to show a tough exterior to make people respect you only showswhat type of a person you are.With that type of attitude I doubt you have the correct heart to practice kung fu or wu shu.

A martial artist is humble but not submissive.Think about it.

Oh and thank you for reminding me of my fault.

Paul
12-11-2001, 04:19 PM
WAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

KC Elbows
12-11-2001, 04:22 PM
Northern Mantis,

Take it easy on her. I don't think its fair to assume that because she's got spirit that she can't be a good martial artist. Fiery spirit takes a long time and experience to mellow. Anyway, give her some slack: some warriors start out brash, and some calm. It takes all kinds. Anyway, lets get back to the topic at hand.

You're all off base. Master Pan's got it right.

Starchaser107
12-11-2001, 04:42 PM
Less Thongs,
Less Hillfiger,

Wu wear? mmn?

and for the women...silk uniforms with animal skin print
maybe zebrastripe, or , jaguar.
maybe tiger?
yes , no?

NorthernMantis
12-11-2001, 04:47 PM
Hey KC your right.I'm sorry wu shu chick.Didn't mean to go off on ya like that.

kungfu cowboy
12-11-2001, 07:33 PM
I think the trend this spring will be g-strings and nipple tassles!

Xebsball
12-11-2001, 08:30 PM
Keep those fashion answers comin'

Next year i will go to tournaments and stuff, so i wanna look real cool on them.

wushu chik
12-11-2001, 09:33 PM
You know what... I LIKE MY THONGS....I LIKE MY NIPPLE TASSELS...but I wear those UNDER my uniforms.....

How about purple?? I LOVE PURPLE!!! I think everyone should start wearing PURPLE uniforms!!

Starchaser107
12-11-2001, 09:39 PM
Wushu chick is it just me or
do you seem sort of different today...like you took a few happy pills or something this morning.
well not complaining
cheers
purple thongs no qualms here

but only for the ladies of kungfu with the spitfire

ok

no dudes

wushu chik
12-11-2001, 09:47 PM
Starchaser107...i am ALWAYS happy!!!! I am just b!tchy!! And as for happy pills....do those exist?? HMMMM, that would be nice.....:)

Starchaser107
12-11-2001, 10:00 PM
I'm willing to bet somebody got luckyyyyyy:D

Xebsball
12-11-2001, 10:07 PM
Star is correct...

I got that vibe too.
Stuff happened, no doubt about it man.

Daniel Madar
12-11-2001, 10:19 PM
I'm definitely going for the imperial yellow qing dragon robe. I've tricked mine out so that when I fah jing, fire shoots out the sleeves, and when I drop into low horse stance fire shoots out my... Oh, um...

I like the old school beijing wu shu team outfits. Nothing like velvet spandex and rhinestones.

Chang Style Novice
12-11-2001, 10:26 PM
Darn it, I've searched all over the internet, and I can't find a single Gold Lame tiger striped Wu-Wear brand set of thongs and nipple tassels in a size fitting a 200 lb. man!

(as the world breathes a sigh of relief)

wushu chik
12-11-2001, 10:46 PM
Why is it when someone is in a good mood, everyone automatically thinks they got laid????? Just like when a woman is in a bad mood, she's on her monthly???? I just don't get it!!!

FOR YOUR INFORMATION...I am just in a GOOD MOOD...sheesh!

SanHeChuan
12-11-2001, 11:15 PM
Wu dang robes ala crouching tiger, I would have bought one already from superior but it was like $150.

i'm not kidding it's gonna happen, just watch.

Fen
12-12-2001, 10:36 AM
If I new that is was going to be a joke!!!! I would not have posted it!!:rolleyes:

KC Elbows
12-12-2001, 10:40 AM
So, tao, we've taken a serious matter, fashion, and turned it into a joke.

Jesus guys, where will this end?

:rolleyes: right back at ya!

shaolinboxer
12-12-2001, 10:42 AM
Did anybody else notice that last year The Gap was selling "Karate Pants" in 8 different pastel colors...

As for me, I think we should bring back horses as part of the uniform..ya know kick it old skool as they say and ride up, Kwan Do in hand.

Daniel Madar
12-12-2001, 11:12 AM
I was using the karate pants for training until I tore the ass out jumping into a horse stance. Fabric got caught in the fold of the knee, tension resulted, pants ripped.

:(

I train in Levi's loose fit jeans now.

Fen
12-12-2001, 12:14 PM
thanks for the info! kc elbows do u feel beter now? :D

KC Elbows
12-12-2001, 12:22 PM
I've never felt beter, I don't care what that liar beter says, it wasn't me!

KC Elbows
12-12-2001, 01:15 PM
Anyway tao, I was just kidding you anyway, so I hope you didn't take it personally.

All right, I'll contribute my two cents to this **** fashion discussion.

I'm going with neutral colors, still traditional clothing, but not all the garish stuff often seen in the past.

Except for Master Pan. He's sure to continue to carry the banner this year with gold lamee and a kwan dao.

That's as serious as I can get about fashion, so you better appreciate it.:D

wushu chik
12-12-2001, 01:28 PM
You know...since I am NEVER serious.....I am going to say this! I think we should go with the purple thongs or nipple tassels.....many would appreicate the finer arts if they saw hotties wearing that sort of stuff!! ORRRR.....we could always go with dark blue Harem outfits (complete with the see thru face covers). I think even WATCHMAN would appreciate that one!!:p

Silumkid
12-12-2001, 04:29 PM
All this thread are belong to sucking azz.

Master Pan was a former member of ShaNaNa, thus the gold lamae. Some people just can't let go. :D

wushu chik
12-14-2001, 02:00 AM
And Sifu Pan is the ONLY person in the WORLD that can pull off Gold Lamae (without anyone making fun of him to his face, of course!!)

:D

Fish of Fury
12-14-2001, 02:41 AM
well, i'll be wearing my undies on my head, fishnets with suspenders , a cumerbund (how do you spell cumerbund?) and an old CHOOSE LIFE T-shirt i stole from George Michael.(and nothing else)

Oh, wait...you mean in CLASS!?:p

kungfu cowboy
12-14-2001, 03:21 AM
Ooooh! In that case, I will go with the outfit Mr. Michaels wore in the "Wake Me Up Before You Go Go" video. A true classic. (I am including the day-glo face paint here). And I'm not planning on going solo.

Xebsball
12-14-2001, 06:04 AM
Can you guys give some serious answers to this thread please?
Or else i'll have to go Jet Li Fist of Legend style, wich i think its kinda dated...

kungfu cowboy
12-14-2001, 06:58 AM
Ok, how about this: Wear what you like, and there is no need to be trendy; it isn't a fashion show!