PDA

View Full Version : My favorite fighting game of all time, atleast for now.......

Leonidas
12-08-2001, 03:02 AM
My pick would be Buriki One Grappling Tournament 99'. Most realistic representation of styles (Karate, Aikido, Taichi!!!, Sumo, Pro and real Wrestling, Muay Thai, Boxing, MMA?, Judo, and Taekwondo). If they only had more features and moves. Excellent graphics though. Only one stage(a platform) but hey, its a tourney. Love Street Fighter blah, blah blah. But i'm a sucker for super-realistic fighting games. Never played Dead or Alive , and it may give it a run for its money, for now i gotta go with this............... D*mn you SNK, why'd you leave!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All you game fans out there. Post your picks. Lets get this started............

12-08-2001, 08:33 AM
I just got "Jackie Chan: Stuntmaster: for PS1.

It is hardly the greatest game, but it's terribly enjoyable for a kung fu buff like me.

One game that I'm waiting to see if it's awesome (Christmas is coming) is "Rune Gold".

I bought the game, and I expect it to be graphically violent and thus wicked fun.

wufupaul
12-08-2001, 03:09 PM
It's gotta be Yie Ar Kung Fu. I dig the new games too, but that has to be my all time favorite fighting game.

Leonidas
12-08-2001, 07:59 PM
Great choices. Keep the post comin'...........You know you want to:D

cho
12-09-2001, 12:16 AM
Tekken (3 onward) or Dead or Alive 2. Closest you can get to HK wuxia movies where people fly and can knock each other ten feet with a good kick.

chen zhen
12-09-2001, 11:27 AM
Soul Calibur is also a high-quality fighting game

Abstract
12-12-2001, 09:22 AM
and DOA2 right now...but they just released DOA3? on X BOX...i may buy that just to play DOA....Tekken 4 is supposed to drop next year right? It looks good to me....The only thing, to ME, that Tekken is missing is the multiple level & destroy objects feature that DOA has, and it would be on top. But otherwise, it's sort of a tie between those for me, for diffy reasons.

12-14-2001, 10:39 PM
They don't make 'em like "Karateka" anymore, unfortunately.

Drunken1
12-17-2001, 10:23 AM
Was that Buriki grappling game in ther arcades, Leonidas? Did it ever come to a home system?

tei chi anarchy
12-31-2001, 02:46 PM
Sould Calibur is by far the best fighting game.

fmann
01-03-2002, 09:58 PM
DOA3 is the most realistic fighting game out there, and the best IMHO. Graphically, there is no comparison. Fighting engine-wise, all of the characters can move in 3D, can execute counter-moves, throws, etc.. Plus, strong or well-timed hits can stun and stagger an opponent (almost like in real life), setting them up for combinations.

In terms of weapon based combat, Soul Calibur.

Kristoffer
01-04-2002, 09:44 AM
SHEN MUE 2!!!
ok it's not really a beat-em up but it is heavily influenced by it. And ya fight ALL the time! Very realistic moves too!

DelicateSound
01-06-2002, 02:28 PM
What format is ShenMue 2 on. Dreamcast *cough* ?

Shaolindynasty
01-06-2002, 04:30 PM
Hey, dreamcast was a good system but like all of sega systems they stop putting new things out for it a year after it comes out. Genisis was the only sega system with some sort of longevity. Somebody on the forum said Shenmue 2 was supposed to be out on PS2 next year, I hope so.

One of my favorite MA games is Tenchu 2, it's not a figting game but it is sooooo cool. I also like Jackie chan, Soul Calibur, Marvel vs. capcom, spiderman and spiderman 2.......oh wait those last 2 aren't MA games, but their cool anyway.

lowsweep
01-06-2002, 06:12 PM
tekken 3, DOA series, etc. are all very nice, but nobody can touch vf2. I haven't actually played vf3 (god i want to) so I don't know if it is any better (like the could actually make that game better). I am a master. Besides, the drunken old man is way better than any other old man in any fighting game (well, the one in DOA 2 looks good in his blue suit and hat but he still can't compare...) Can any other old man drink a jug of sake, go into a headstand, and have a whole new set of moves in the headstand? Lotsa moves, great game. I loke tekken 3 a lot, too, but I haven't played it enough to get really good so I don't know many special moves, etc. (heard there were some good ones, though!)