PDA

View Full Version : Great

qeySuS
12-08-2001, 11:07 PM
There's this web in Iceland that hosts communities for just about everything, specific TV shows and sports, music and so forth, and people that are interested in each part and have proven themselves worthy are admins on these communities.

I happen to be the admin on the MA place (www.hugi.is/martial_arts) it's been a pretty cool place, lots of different people coming in, Kung Fu Tae Kwon Do, Karate, Aikido, Boxing judo and so forth. Now however we have our very first "TaeKwonDo and Karate sucks only thing that works is Muay Thai and BJJ" guy on the board, and my dilemma is that this is propably my very skilled and very brutal Muay Thai friend (cant think of many people that would act like this here on iceland, very limited group of people like Muay Thai and i know just about eveyrone taht trains it).

Now this is a friend of mine, but he's got pretty strong views on all these things and he got pretty mad when i quit Kung Fu (at the same place where Muay Thai was/is taught) and joined Tae Kwon Do (at first mainly because it was closest to me). And he does nothing but hate these arts and rag on the people that do them. And he's the sort of guy that would take on anybody taht questions him (and propably beat him).

Now i'm not sure what to do, i could try and argue with him online but that's pretty pointless since his responce to everything could be "if tae kwondo is so great let me fight yuo" or "do you think your instroctor could beat me?" (i'm not going to say yes cuz then he'd try to fight him or some and i dont wanna put my teacher in that position). Ahh crap i dunno what to do i really hate this.

SanHeChuan
12-08-2001, 11:10 PM
so what the problem again...your friend thinks tae kwon do sucks...well so does everyone else;)

GunnedDownAtrocity
12-08-2001, 11:14 PM
good tae kwon do can give you fast strong kicks.

but that's it.

Jeff Liboiron
12-08-2001, 11:33 PM
I would not go to korea and say taekwondo sucks.

GunnedDownAtrocity
12-09-2001, 02:24 AM
i would not go to korea.

Former castleva
12-09-2001, 03:49 AM
Taekwondo used to have grappling and all when it was old.
Just like judo,it turned into a sport art.
It´s still a good art,but I´m not sure if it is DO for many people these days.

Good, better, Me
12-09-2001, 08:14 AM
Yeah, well taekwondo is fun and can be very effective. If you see taekwondo in TV, and think beleave that it's the real taekwondo then you're wrong. We train lots of things. Self defence techniques for example (grappling etc.). The olympic sport taekwondo is different, since they train under certain rules. I'm a WTF competitor. Got my ass kicked in the last mach so, that my knuckels are swollown and they got almost fractured. :p

qeySuS
12-09-2001, 08:24 AM
hmm ok i see people kinda missed the point :) Maybe i worded it in the wrong way but he has a beef with ALL traditional arts and thinks they suck, he's going to be challengnig everyone at that website and there's not a whole lot i can do about it, i could moderate him to some degree but heck the guy is my friend i'm not going to tell him to fu*k off.

brucelee2
12-09-2001, 11:20 AM
Just say that its not arts that suck or don't suck, its practitioners. Ask your friend (online) if he thinks that there is any muay thai practitioner out there (including beginners) that can be defeated by a tae kwan doe guy (including black belts). If he concedes that there is, then you win the arguement. At worst, just tell him fine, that's your opinion, there are more important things in life, lets move on....