PDA

View Full Version : What do you think?

Colin
12-09-2001, 06:42 AM
Check out this new style and tell me what you think.

http://www.lionsclawkungfu.co.uk

I'm keeping an open mind (yea right)

What do you all think about guys who do this?

regards
Colin...........

GunnedDownAtrocity
12-10-2001, 02:13 PM
http://www.lionsclawkungfu.co.uk/g20.html

what the fu ck is he doing?

Starchaser107
12-10-2001, 02:35 PM
i am currently working on my own devastating techniques based on the fighting patterns of jamaican lizards...

but seriously folks

Water Dragon
12-10-2001, 02:38 PM
I could be wrong, but the guys structure looks broken. Can anyone find his power line?

Skarbromantis
12-10-2001, 02:56 PM
Pretty lame!!!

joedoe
12-10-2001, 04:04 PM
Hard to tell from the pictures what the hell the style is about.

Starchaser107
12-10-2001, 04:14 PM
there is nothing to support the claims that these techniques are so wonderful (destructive) , the arguement there is not very convincing.
The pictures do not do the site, or style any good we just see bits and peices of kungfu that look farmiliar, like the tiger tail kick
, and a few jump kick , a few deflections with a dude screaming and exposing his complete body while standing on his toes..well at least thats how it looks to me, whats the point.

Is this supposed to be a joke or is it really a school.

Apparently black sash is where they teach you the real (secret) stuff. M'kay.

sign me up i wanna get my growl on

"Roar"

MonkeySlap Too
12-10-2001, 04:21 PM
http://www.lionsclawkungfu.co.uk/gallery.html

Great googaly moogaly!

Colin
12-11-2001, 07:24 AM
One of my favorite bits:-

"Once this level (Black sash) is accomplished Students become Inner Chamber students (Advanced Level-8 Essence Secret Techniques)"

I wanna be an inner-chamber student!
Gives me a hardon just thinking about it!!!

Seriously though this guy did a couple of years of white crane then bull****ted the rest.
And you wonder why people don't take kungfu seriously.
The thing is not only is it totally legal for him to do this, but he's managed to get an established association to give him insurance to "Legitimise" him.

Arghhhhhhhhhh!

NafAnal
12-11-2001, 07:28 AM
where do you learn xing yi colin? I'm doing a bit now but it's all mixed with natural style boxing. And i'm too green to know what's what....

Colin
12-11-2001, 07:42 AM
Do you train with Alex kozma?
He teaches Natural boxing over in west London.
I read his book "Esoteric Worriors" Superb.
If this is who you train with, you have gotta stick with him as everything i've heard and read about him is excellent!

As for my Xing Yi I take private lessons in east London, drop me an email and i'll give you all the details. colin@colinux.com

There's also an instructor over here called Patrick Nagel. He teaches bagua, Xingyi and taiji,
about 3 miles from me! I've spoken to him on the phone and he seems pretty cool. His details can be found from the BCCMA site. I'll be going to see him myself soon hopefully for some bagua.

speak soon
Colin.............

NafAnal
12-11-2001, 09:21 AM
Yeah i do. I like the natural boxin' but for some reason i just love xingyi and want to do a lot more. Havn't really got any time to do any more training than i am at the moment so i'll probably stick where i am. Just interested as to who else teaches the internal in london really,

cheers

EARTH DRAGON
12-11-2001, 11:42 AM
I feel like my system has been ripped off! after reading the info on that site it seems like he has taken most of the 8's out of 8 step praying mantis, but changed them around so not to get in trouble.the translations ar not even the same. It seems to have a hodge podge full of stuff from other styles mixed in with it. May be the founder just learned a bunch of stuff and mixed it all together? I dont know but would stay away from joining if thats what you had in mind.

Robinf
12-11-2001, 12:11 PM
I just want to see that "flying front kick" that's part of their techniques.

Robin

rubthebuddha
12-11-2001, 12:43 PM
not only is the "leaping retreat" evasive footwork, it's "special evasive footwork," so you know it's the good stuff. :rolleyes:

KC Elbows
12-11-2001, 12:49 PM
Monkeyslap, is that a quote from Zappa you posted there?

As for the pics/site, could the techniques be any more vague? Every non-kick pic is just like two people standing there doing very little, but clearly moving around trying to do something. I'm not saying anything about their style, just their choice in pics to represent the style.

Ah well, I guess the internet will not be the place for quality pics and martial content until I construct my Drunken Diarrhetic Style website: Sifus, Scotch and Salsa.

Dark Knight
12-11-2001, 01:29 PM
It Kills me how amny people start their own system. If you want to do it yourself take your forms, buy some submission tapes and add that info to it. Change your beginner forms to karate ones. Take TKD for a year and add those drills and add RYU at the end of your name.

Everyone wants to be a master. I have seen 3rd degrees claim they have enough knowledge and experience to start their own style. Makes you wonder why there are any ranks between 5th and 10th. Everyone wants to jump them.