PDA

View Full Version : No Concentration

Snoopy2000
12-10-2001, 08:12 PM
I just finished up my "Tai Chi" Adult Ed course and I was really awful at it tonight - in fact, embarrassed would be the word. I found out today that I'll be layed off from my job the end of the year and couldn't leave my crap at the door. I would really like to continue the Tai Chi at this school - but I'm thinking I might screw up again for lack of concentration when problems come up.

How does anyone here leave their stuff at the door when you enter your school? Or as a Teacher how do you leave your problems behind?

Snoopy :(

joedoe
12-10-2001, 08:19 PM
When you go to train, throw yourself into the training. Sometimes it takes a little while, but eventually you will become so absorbed in the training that your crap automatically gets left behind.

If you cannot let go of your problems, then use them to help you train harder (I am assuming you are unhappy about losing your job). Use the emotion to boost your training, then eventually the emotion will be spent.

This is one of the reasons I love training - it lets you escape your day-to-day problems for a while.

don bohrer
12-11-2001, 12:06 AM
I am sure your efforts are concentrated on finding a job right now, and until your working again your focus will be off. When you have a new job everything will fall into place. Just take the good days when they come and get as much out of them as possible.

Paul
12-11-2001, 12:34 AM
You have to totally get into the Kung Fu. Be the Kung Fu.

the job thing sucks. I feel your pain. I got laid off last year and I'm going to be losing my job again in 2-3 months (unless I want to move to Oregon, which I don't). it sucks.

try not to get too stressed about it, it's a shi tty situation but freaking out won't help. I know from personal experience.

rubthebuddha
12-11-2001, 01:27 AM
got the news my position was getting terminated last week, and i was scheduled to teach class that night immediately after work. sucked, but i focused on how badly i wanted to have a great class. i ignored the work crap and just went out and taught a great class.

same thing tonight: i got word that i was getting a new job, but again, i taught right after work. on my mind? having a great class.

for me, it starts with what i want. do i want to mope about it and have it bring down my kung fu and teaching, or do i want to just leave it behind me when i bow as i enter the training floor? i know it'll be there when i'm leaving for me to take with me along with my backpack, so i just let it sit there like my car keys.

Robinf
12-11-2001, 07:26 AM
You don't give up training just because something goes wrong in your life. That's when you need training the most. You'll find a job. Until then, keep training. It would be foolish to stop.

Robin

Snoopy2000
12-14-2001, 07:28 PM
For everyone's input!

Most appreciated!

Snoopy