PDA

View Full Version : Is it my kidney?

Wu Wei
12-10-2001, 11:11 PM
Im young, and I rarely drink(alcohol; I do drink other fluids), yet lately I've been getting pains near my left kidney. They aren't very sever pains, and they may just be pulled muscles or something, but I cant tell for certain.

Any reason this would happen?
I was recently ill(just a cold or something) and so I drank a lot of fluids, took more vitamins and I ate more fruit. Im over the illness now, so I dont really see what could cause this.

Any ideas?

Wu Wei
12-11-2001, 10:44 PM
nevermind. It cant be that important.

GunnedDownAtrocity
12-11-2001, 11:55 PM
you are dying.

probably of aids.

enjoy your time and don't have sex anymore.

IronFist
12-12-2001, 12:47 AM
I unno, drink some Cranberry juice.

Iron

Wu Wei
12-12-2001, 02:08 AM
no sex, and drink cranberry juice?

This is serious...

David
12-14-2001, 04:08 AM
A guy I went to school with thought AIDS was "Anally Infected Disease Syndrome" He was cured.

I don't know much about kidneys but I did have sharp twinging pain in my left kidney area for a spate about 10 years ago. It scared me and I left off the 24/7 partying for a week or so and drank just orange juice.
Whatever it was, I'm fine now. These days, I'd be inclined to get to a doctor out of interest even if the instinct for self-preservation isn't strong enough to take me there. ;-)

shaolinboxer
12-14-2001, 01:16 PM
When I was 18 i had this naggin pain in my back, attributing it to kung fu I tried to ignore it.

But it got worse and worse...turned out I had kidney stones at an unusually young age.

Passing those things is just about as horrible a pain as I ever want to face.

But if the pain goes away, nothin to worry about :)

SanHeChuan
12-14-2001, 01:50 PM
kidney stones

i bet conditioning is a walk in the park now. "This ain't hard, hard is trying to endure a pee sized jagged crystal being slowly pushed through your pee hole, now thats hard."

Wu Wei
12-14-2001, 11:17 PM
whatever it was its gone now.
I figured Id give it some time.

I decided to stop taking vitamins and all other suppliments for a few days. I also made sure to eat as perfectly balanced of a diet as I can. On top of that I also drank less fluids and drank only water when i did.

I dont know what possessed me to do this but it seems to have worked.

beware the stones my friends....

marycatherine
12-16-2001, 04:06 PM
Hey Wu Wei,

Your name caught my interest...a Taoist term, correct? I've just been reading about Taoism...any good books to recommend?

fmann
12-16-2001, 09:26 PM
On kidney stones:

Small stones can be passed out of the body with relative ease. There are 3 places where the ureters leading from your kidneys narrow -- right when they leave from the kidney, when they pass over the deep pelvic brim, and finally when they enter the bladder.

So if you had a small stone in the pelvic area, that may have referred that somatic pain, then when back pressure built up, it flushed the stone in to your bladder where it was passed without you even noticing.

I doubt you had kidney stones though, just by looking at your description of your diet. Probably just a cramp or something. The kidneys are not suspended/supported by mesenteries like other abdominal organs. Stuff with alot of vibrations like horseback riding and motorcycles can cause pain in your sides as your kidneys are kinda bouncing up and down inside your body. Not a good feeling.

IronFist
12-16-2001, 10:56 PM
what kinda diet causes kidney stones, fmann?

Iron

fmann
12-17-2001, 09:23 AM
Iron, I was actually mistyped that, too. I meant "with his change in diet." i.e., if he had kidney stones and it was a chronic problem, it would be related to something other than diet.