PDA

View Full Version : China China China

scotty1
12-11-2001, 06:26 AM
Anybody know if there are any private Wing Chun schools in Southern China that Westerners can train at??

Huh??

cha kuen
12-11-2001, 06:44 AM
You don't need to go to china or any asian country to learn good kung fu.

There's billions of people in china, doesn't mean that they're good at kung fu.

Same goes for if you find some guy who teaches kung fu and is from china. Big deal.

scotty1
12-11-2001, 09:42 AM
But what if I want to go to China and train, maybe for more of a cultural experience? As it happens, I'm going travelling and China is my first stop off, so I thought while I'm there, seeing as I train anyway, it would be a good experience to train Kung Fu in China.
And yeah, your reasoning is correct, but I'm not gonna learn off some random Chinese, I'm gonna go to a school, and learn off a master. Wouldn't you like to?

Jesus :rolleyes:

reneritchie
12-11-2001, 10:15 AM
Hi Scotty,

The only public WCK school that I know of in the Pearl River area is the Mai Gei Wong school, run by the late Wong sifu's son, Wong Nim-Yee. The Jing Mo (Chin Woo) in both Foshan and Guanzhou also have close connections to various teachers and you can often find training there. Other than that, its mostly semi-private. In Foshan you can find Pan Nam's students, Yiu Kai's students, Cheung Ah-Chut (son of Cheung Bo), and some of the Foshan Yip Man group. In Guangzhou, you can find Sum Nung and his students, and some members of the Fung family.

Hope this helps!

RR

scotty1
12-12-2001, 05:04 AM
Hi there, yes that does help, thanks.
But its a bit of an information overload - none of those names mean anything to me. Have you been/can you recommend?

scotty1
12-14-2001, 07:41 AM
How do you know all this? Do you have any contacts?
For example, Foshan Yip Man group. How would I go about finding these people, and would they take Westerners as students? :confused: