PDA

View Full Version : whey protien, whats it made of?

TjD
12-11-2001, 10:12 AM
well... yea the subjects my question:)

thanks
travis

12-11-2001, 10:31 AM
It is made from whey peptides, I believe mi9lk is fermented then the peptides are extracted. But basically it is the protein that comes from milk!

IronFist
12-11-2001, 12:36 PM
When you make cheese, whey is a byproduct. Cheese manufacturers used to just throw it away until they realized athletes would pay good money for it.

I guess there's a process tho that changes it from cheese waste into powdered stuff.

mmm... cheese...

Iron

xiong
12-14-2001, 07:52 AM
Besides being little miss muffets diet whey is a byproduct of cheese manufacter, basically the liquid that gets pressed out of the curd.

It contains mostly protein and as you may or may not know milk has a High PET number, second only to eggs if I remember my Food Science correctly.

In addition to being a Nutritional supplement, scientists have found new uses for Whey protein isolates in the production of edible films. Basically a food safety application. There are some other uses as well in spray drying but that is delving a little far back for me to recall completely.

12-14-2001, 09:36 AM
Here you go, hope this helps.http://www.anabolicstore.com/details/art_proteinenough.htm

Shaolin36