PDA

View Full Version : Jackie Chan shoes!

GeneChing
12-11-2001, 11:07 AM
They're too big for my kid and to small for me, but Jackie Chan shoes! They are based on his cartoon, with a little yinyang on the tongue and the characters for kungfu over the heel and a pic of the cartoon Jackie punching on the side. Man, I remember back in the late '70s, draggin' my friends up to Chinatown to watch Jackie movies, telling them 'you gotta see what this guy does...' Never would have imagined then that he'd have a shoe at the mall!

BTW, I'm looking for a Jackie Chan Adventures T-shirt for my kid. Anyone know where I can get it? I've checked his website www.jackiechanadventures.com, but the merchandise section was still under construction last I saw...

OK, OK, come on, how may of you watch it? 'fess up! It's a lot better than Chinese Gods was....

Chang Style Novice
12-11-2001, 12:12 PM
I watch it, and like it! I especially like the way he answers questions at the end like "What kind of animal do you want to be?" (Eagle) and "Are you a good cook?" (My father is a great cook, but I can't even make rice in a ricemaker.)

And the martial arts look a lot better than the stuff (not much) I've seen on Dragonballz.

Shaolindynasty
12-11-2001, 01:16 PM
I'll admit to watching alot of cartoons(superhero and martial arts type anyways). I like the Jackie cartoon but I disagree with CSN Dragon ball Z is an adventure of epic proportions.

Chang Style Novice
12-11-2001, 02:12 PM
Sorry, dude. I've only seen a little of the DBZ stuff, and the character designs are great, but the fight scenes suck, um...dragonballz. It's either just a big cloud of fists and feet, or a loop of the same three moves over and over. BO-RING!

Chan's stuff is well paced and exciting, just like his movies. And very creative, with the evil Chinese demons and the legendary western baddies like Springheel Jack and stuff.

Plus Uncle is waaaay cool.

Abstract
12-12-2001, 09:18 AM
I like DBZ for what it is...action packed & it cracks me up..and the artwork is top notch.

When I can get up on Saturdays A.M....i ALWAYS watch Chan...i love that show...and yea Uncle is the shiznapskibiddle....but i'm no barometer really...i also watch Batman, Batman Beyond, Justice League, Gundam etc...and any other hero/martial art/action/manga show on TV/DVD/VCR.....

Anyone ever see Cowboy Bebop? THAT was incredible stuff...
:D

Shaolindynasty
12-12-2001, 09:52 AM
You should watch DBZ for the dialog they say the coolest things while they fight! I also love the reactions they have when they see somone alot stronger than they are

xingyi-boy
12-16-2001, 07:53 PM
Haha! Yes, I admit, I watch Jackie Chan Adventures all the time! If you guys don't like waking up early on Saturday's to watch it, it's also on during weekdays, not sure about the times though. Here, it's on at 4:30, and that is the last timeslot for the "Toonami" block on Kids Wb. AS for the shoes....I dunno about them.....;)

PHILBERT
01-08-2002, 11:23 PM
I love that cartoon. I watch it all the time, but some of the re-runs suck. My favorite character has to be that one bad guy with the orange/red spikey hair who always says his moves before he does the move.

What I find odd is when they ask Jackie a question at the end, he tends to um...deviate from the question sometimes and not answer it. Or I just can't understand him.

GeneChing
01-09-2002, 10:48 AM
She wanted to watch jackie over teletubbies, which I consider a major intellectual leap. She seems to prefer the spanish language version... go figure.

WhtLotus
01-31-2002, 05:56 PM
I want Jackie shoes...
I just saw an episode of Jackie Chan Adventures, and love it! I don't usually see it though because I can never remember when it's on... same goes for DBZ. Just always at the gym.

Uncle's cool, but I'm for Jade.

Shaolindynasty
02-01-2002, 12:24 PM
Uncle rules!

"and one more thing......."

I have been watching Jackie in the morning when I wake up.
The Jackie Chan stuntmaster game rules to. I just discovred there is an extra level called "shaolin temple" he is dressed like on Drunken master 2 and you can pick up some wine and do drunken style. Does it get any cooler?