PDA

View Full Version : OT: Movie trailers

KC Elbows
11-07-2001, 08:48 PM
Anybody see the trailer for a movie called "The Devil's Backbone"? Looks interesting.

Also, saw the trailer for the next star wars. Loved it. Ominuous respirator breathing over the whole thing, definitely not kiddie looking.

Also, got the PS2 last night, spent a while playing Silent Hill 2. Anyone scared of fog?

Budokan
11-07-2001, 08:56 PM
I heard a bunch of Star Wars phuque-heads walked out of movie houses after the SW trailer ran. In other words, that's all they paid for--to watch the trailer and not the movie they paid for!

What a bunch of incredible losers. :rolleyes: Can you imagine devoting every waking moment of your pitiful life to a bunch of silly-a$$ movies, to the point where you'd do something like that? How are these people able to move around in society with their heads shoved so far up their rectums?

We really need to weed these dipsh*ts out of our civilization some way. Any ideas?

K. Mark Hoover

KC Elbows
11-07-2001, 09:00 PM
Hell, I just downloaded it for free! Didn't even have to leave the comfort of my own home, much less pay 7 bucks. And I thought I was a ****!

Take it you hate the star wars movies, or just those who are obsessive about them?

Budokan
11-07-2001, 09:44 PM
Not the movies themselves, although they all blew except "Empire Strikes Back". (That's a general feeling within the SF community.) My main problem is when Lucas tries to write--he's a good producer, but a terrible writer/director.

At least you have the common sense to download the trailer and not shell out $7. That to me is unbelievable. But, no one ever went broke by underestimating the stupidity of the public. To paraphrase Barnum: There are hundreds, not just one, of suckers born every minute.

And to make this post martial arts related, we see the same thing happening here. Garbage like "Speedman" and other ridiculous nonsense which generates thousands upon thousands of dollars because some people are too stupid to realize that 'caveat emptor' isn't just a meaningless Latin phrase, but good words to live by.

I'll pause now while Rolls tries to figure out what "caveat emptor" means.... :D

K. Mark Hoover

JWTAYLOR
11-07-2001, 10:38 PM
where did you download it?
JWT

If you pr!ck us, do we not bleed? If you poison us, do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge? If we are like you in the rest, we will resemble you in that the villany you teach me, I will execute, and it shall go hard but I will better the instruction. MOV

Jaguar Wong
11-07-2001, 11:12 PM
JWT,
Apple.com

Jaguar Wong

"If you learn to balance a tack hammer on your head
then you learn to head up a balanced attack!"
- The Sphinx

shaolinboxer
11-07-2001, 11:19 PM
$7?

Here it's $9.50, and most shows sell out so you have to order on line for $1.50...

That's $11.

So a date is $22 for tics and $9 for a soda and popcorn.

Mr. Nemo
11-07-2001, 11:43 PM
You can all laugh, but it's the star wars geeks that are gonna single-handedly pull this country out of recession, mark my words.

JWTAYLOR
11-08-2001, 12:11 AM
What the hell is this pay for QTPro crap?

The Lord of the Rings trailer at www.lordoftherings.net (http://www.lordoftherings.net) absolutely blows the Episode II trailer away.

JWT

If you pr!ck us, do we not bleed? If you poison us, do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge? If we are like you in the rest, we will resemble you in that the villany you teach me, I will execute, and it shall go hard but I will better the instruction. MOV

Jaguar Wong
11-08-2001, 12:31 AM
Yes I agree, but the Starwars trailers will pick up toward the beginning of next year. After all, the LOTR trailers better be rockin' since the first movie's due out next month. :)

I dunno why Apple is trying to force QT Pro on everyone. I just watched the medium trailer. That's all I usually download first, though. I don't want to spend the extra time if the trailer sucks ;)

Jaguar Wong

- The Sphinx

JWTAYLOR
11-08-2001, 12:35 AM
What extra time, I got my own T1. :)
JWT

Jaguar Wong
11-08-2001, 12:43 AM
Here's how lazy/impatient I am. I'm on a T1 here too, but I don't want to wait the extra seconds/minute if the trailer is gonna suck :)

Jaguar Wong

- The Sphinx

KC Elbows
11-08-2001, 01:11 AM
Totally correct. Empire is the good one. That's my hope with the new trilogy: It has the possibility of Empire x 100 as far as dark endings.

Yes, the LOTR trailer was excellent as well.

Later

DragonzRage
11-08-2001, 07:27 AM
I generally love Star Wars (especially Empire) but that pr1ck George Lucas is pi$ me off with all his antics. If he screws Episode 2 up (he's not off to a good start by naming it "Attack of the Clones") then I'm gonna go to Skywalker Ranch and give him a serious dark side a$$ kicking.

"The UFC spawned a new breed of "mixed martial artists." World-class wrestlers learned to kickbox. Champion kickboxers learned to grapple. (The karate experts learned to stay home.)"

KC Elbows
11-08-2001, 05:35 PM
I hate to disagree, but all the star wars movies have serial type titles, so the only reason we like the titles is what's in the movies. Empire Strikes Back? Return of the Jedi? Attack of the Clones? Not much difference.

As far as episode one, everyone dogs it for Jar Jar and that stuff, but there's no difference between that and the ewoks, or some of the obnoxious C3PO dialogue. That's George's weak spot-cutsey stuff. He's far better at the ominous stuff, but he doesn't seem to know that. That's why Empire was the best of the first three.

BTW, anyone seen any shots of the balrog in LOTR? The trailer has scenes in Moria, but I have yet to see the balrog. Show me the balrog!!!

Jaguar Wong
11-08-2001, 06:24 PM
They might be saving that one for a suprise. I think The Balrog scene was in the second book (well, the second book if you bought LOTR as the trilogy rather than one collected volume like it's supposed to be :)), wasn't it? I don't remember, because I read the books straight through, so I don't remember what happened in which books.

We may have to wait for that one :)

I thought "Attack of the Clones" was a very stupid title, but KC is right, it's not like the rest are any better. We were little'uns raised in a different era when the others were made. Think about the magic for the kids in this generation. I'll still go see it, and I'll probably like it (I liked Episode I). I thought the little glimpse of Boba Fett in the trailer is bringing some hope for some great action scenes. Let's just hope the space fighter battles are better this time.

Jaguar Wong

- The Sphinx

KC Elbows
11-08-2001, 07:58 PM
I swear the Moria scene was in that trailer. Maybe I'm getting it confused with something else, but I don't think so. They are clearly in a dwarf fortress, one of them drops something down into this well, and Gandalf says"They're awake" or something. The next thing you see is Gandalf on a bridge or something saying "You shall not pass!" Sounds like the Moria scene, and that's in the trailer.

Show me the balrog!!

KC Elbows
11-08-2001, 07:59 PM
But yes, I think it was in the second book, too. Perhaps they are trying to fit it in two movies? I'm confused.

Jaguar Wong
11-08-2001, 08:17 PM
Yes that is the scene they're showing. They actually have scenes from all three books in the trailer. I think it's more of a Lord of the Rings Trailer, not just a Fellowship of the Ring trailer.

Jaguar Wong

- The Sphinx

KC Elbows
11-08-2001, 08:27 PM
*******s!! Now I must develop patience in order to wait to see the balrog.

Perhaps there's some discipline I could take up in order to learn discipline, restraint, so that I can continue my life until the other movies come out.

I know!!

I'll take Karate. :D