PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everyone

ShaolinTiger00
12-11-2001, 01:27 PM
How is it going guys? check out this new forum... change is good, keeps you on your toes!

as you "senior members" know life has thrown a curve at me and my family lately and some deep introspective thinking was required. "How do you want to live life?" maybe the easiest and toughtest question I'll ever have to answer. I'm working on the answer....

My wife and I just came back from Cuba. that island is amazing. It makes my soul ache with its passionate people and its sad stories. (naturally we had to fly to mexico then to cuba due to U.S. logistics) It was my second trip and I'll make many more. I made many friends their including lots of children who can now be seen practicing hip throws and sanshou kick catches along the beach surf ! If sanshou ever takes off there, I'll be the Helio Gracie of Cuba !!!

Just wanted to log on and check out the new site. I see the posts have been much fewer. A migration? Ralek are you still trolling? :p

All my best guys!!!! I'll drop in now and then to add my 2 cents to the pot.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS to ALL !

GunnedDownAtrocity
12-11-2001, 01:31 PM
how's your wife doing dude?

last we heard she wasn't doing so well.

Merryprankster
12-11-2001, 01:34 PM
Shaolin!

Welcome back. Is everything well? I believe I have your e-mail address from awhile back, from an old e-mail Ap sent me.

I would like to talk to you about san shou. May I e-mail you?

Thanks!

James

Chang Style Novice
12-11-2001, 01:39 PM
Yeah, man, has your wife made a good recovery? Your high spirits suggest that things are going well, but please reassure us.

Glad to hear you had a good time in Cuba, and good to have you back. Whattaya think of our new look?

lightfoot
12-11-2001, 01:41 PM
shaolintiger

you don't know me, but you're 'farewell' thread was one of the first things i read whilst lurking on the forum, deciding whether to join or not.

It was one of the most moving things I've ever read.

It sounds lame, but my best wishes to you and your family.

ShaolinTiger00
12-11-2001, 01:41 PM
MP -Fire away that e-mail already!

speaking of sanshou..
I see some local sanshou guys are fighting. Julio or Dan ? put on a small sanshou comp recently. I alsosaw Aaron Honeycutt (who used to advise me) in the recent KF Magazine pic with Scott Sheely at the U.S. Open (always my fav tournament, thank you Shawn Liu!)

GDA- Yes you were correct. She is ill. bottom line is she'll never be "well" but she is very strong but tires easily.

*news* We got a dog! A chinese shar-pei ! He is great! Named him Liu (lou) as it is easliy chinese and American.

KC Elbows
12-11-2001, 01:44 PM
Welcome back, shaolin. I can just picture the beaches in Cuba, filled with children dropping each other onto their arses. Beautiful job.

Merryprankster
12-11-2001, 02:09 PM
Hmm....

oops. I have your work e-mail address, which as I recall, is not valid anymore?

Is there another address I can get hold of you at?

I am glad to hear your wife is as well as she can be

ShaolinTiger00
12-11-2001, 02:13 PM
fatal_blue2001@yahoo.com

the name came from my co workers and I playing "Battleship" on yahoo games. I Ruled the seas !!! arghhh matey.

qeySuS
12-11-2001, 02:15 PM
hey man nice to see you again.

Felipe Bido
12-11-2001, 02:16 PM
Welcome again! :D

apoweyn
12-11-2001, 02:17 PM
hey mate! good to 'see' you again.

stuart b.

ShaolinTiger00
12-11-2001, 02:21 PM
Stuart! Just the guy I was "looking' for.

your email is sbowens@westat ??

Merryprankster
12-11-2001, 02:28 PM
Shaolin!

You've got mail.

Thanks!

apoweyn
12-11-2001, 02:32 PM
shaolintiger,

close. lose the first 's.' bowens@westat.com

stuart b.

Xebsball
12-11-2001, 02:51 PM
Hey wazzup ST.

"fatal_blue" :D

jimbob
12-11-2001, 03:02 PM
Hey Shaolin Tiger

Glad you're doing fun things and living life. Hope your lady is as well as she can be.

Cheers

James:)

ShaolinTiger00
12-11-2001, 03:12 PM
Its nice to hear from you all again. Hi lightfoot, welcome to the CMA gang. Watch out for the "grand ultimate fist" and threads that mention "aorta" crushing.....

KC, Cuba was already filled with children practicing "karate" and those kids adore bruce lee movies they watch at community theaters. I just showed them how to stop the bigger guys!;)

the workout thread, - Yeah that kinda went out the window after the bad news broke but on a positive note I have been walking alot lately! (One day I walked 14 miles) and have been eyeing some hiking boots for x-mas so that I can head out on some trails with the dog this spring! i've taken a vow to myself to treat my body with more respect but the holidays are killing me!!!!

I do think that that is a great beginners workout though.

Stuart, Yo la tengo! (I've got it!)

apoweyn
12-11-2001, 03:39 PM
shaolintiger,

yo pego como dos monos.

yep, that pretty much sums up my command of spanish. :D

prana
12-11-2001, 03:48 PM
Many many respects Shaolin Tiger, prayers for your tigress...

scotty1
12-12-2001, 10:01 AM
Its all good isn't it really?

I have a lump in my throat...:)

ShaolinTiger00
12-12-2001, 11:49 AM
Thanx for all the Love guys! Its been a life altering experience. (speaking of which, any of you guys ever saw a hurricane REAL close? :D That's Power baby!)

We're spending the holidays with family in sunny Miami and then we'll be back in DC area for a while before leaving again. (After I left my job, I got a call to act as a consultant for another firm in Georgetown working on large projects) Pay is good for a part time gig and I get the free time I need.

Once again, Happy Holidays to you all and I'll check back in after New Years.

Peace on Earth. Good will to men (and trolls).

Budokan
12-12-2001, 12:56 PM
Welcome back, ST.