PDA

View Full Version : To the Ninjutsu practioners on the board

Ryu
12-11-2001, 05:01 PM
Since I try to train for reality, and a good portion of my training now is involving things like OC spray, knives, firearms, etc.
I really started thinking about Ninjutsu for its aspects on metsubushi, stealth, etc.
Can anyone give me some good info, webpages, or advice on the tactics of ninjutsu that is soley for things like metsubushi, etc.
I am not really interested in the hand to hand, since I'm comfortable with judo, BJJ, and JKD, so how would I go about gaining info on just those aspects of ninjutsu?

I'm doubting people will teach those aspects without the whole ninjutsu package.
Any info would be great. :) Thanks

Ryu

Ryu
12-12-2001, 01:12 AM
Wasn't there some Togakeryu people here?

Ryu

IronFist
12-12-2001, 01:19 AM
Ryu. I thought you quit posting on Ashida's Board?

Anyway, "History and Tradition" by Hatsumi has some info on Metsubishi and other cool stuff. Try asking the people at www.e-budo.com cuz there's some cool ninjtusu people there. I know there's a few books on shuriken, too.

Iron

Ryu
12-12-2001, 01:21 AM
Thanks Iron.
I did quit posting, but I wanted to ask mostly Eric Larson about it (supposedly he's pretty well ranked in the Bujinkan)

I posted this on E-budo too. :)

Ryu

IronFist
12-12-2001, 01:23 AM
Holy ****e that was a fast reply :)

Yeah dude, but I saw your name there the other day.

I'll try and find some more books that might help you. Maybe I Hate ashida Kim might know. Doesn't he study ninjutsu?

Iron

IronFist
12-12-2001, 01:25 AM
Whoa, it censors part of words now? That's gay. If I was speaking Japanese to you and I said a-s-h-i-t-a, it would cencor the s-h-i-t part. Watch:

A****a gakko ni ikimasu.

But I guess it might be beneficial, because it wouldn't delete entire words, so you might get a better idea of what I was saying Watch:

****ing A! What a ****ing dumb****. Stupid little butt****ing ****head.

English is fun.

Iron

Rolling Elbow
12-12-2001, 09:54 PM
Ryu,

In taijutsu, every weapon or method of arming oneself for the purpose of defence or attack, is based on principals of alignment and posture as taught through empty hand training.

All weapons are an extension of the empty hands.. no teacher will teach you these methods unless you familiarize yourself first with ninjutsu's empty hand methods.

If you want to know how to use a spray can just press on the nozzle and let her rip! :p

Ryu
12-13-2001, 02:13 AM
You know, honestly, Rolling Elbow,
I'm giving thought to studying ninjutsu. I'm very well versed in my other MA, it's arrogant of me to think I can't learn something from it. I am thinking Bujinkan if I can.

Ryu

Leonidas
12-13-2001, 03:49 AM
Do they even teach stealth in Ninjutsu anymore? I though it was just Taijutsu and a few weapons with breakfalls put in.

Nichiren
12-13-2001, 05:51 AM
Isn't Ninjutsu the part of Ninpo that covers stealth, like Taijutsu covers weaponless techniques?

No_Know
12-14-2001, 01:23 PM
http://www.infinite.org/library/pages/CFWIKAUG96-7.html

The instructions for posting a hyperlink are bad as far as the descriptor for the actual address, unless this is to keep order.

I don't feel like looking any more.

Yohave been studying metsubishi stealth with your jujitsubasics and the principles of techniques. To further you Study, study chemistry, poisins (natural (so perhaps herbology~)) and taisabaki and you're there.

I have more to say but please say if you know/found out what metsubishi even means or with which has to do.

Ryu
12-14-2001, 03:49 PM
"Metsubishi" is some kind of car I think ;)

Metsubushi is "crushing the eyes" if I can remember right.

S'ok, I found what I was looking for! Thanks guys. :)
Actually I think I may start studying some bujinkan material. See if I can go to a dojo in the area as well.

Ryu

IronFist
12-14-2001, 04:12 PM
I thought metsubishi was blinding powder?

Maybe that was tetsubishi?

Stupid bad romanizations.

Iron

Ryu
12-14-2001, 04:14 PM
metsubushi IS blinding powders yes. :) But I think it can be anything that "closes the eyes" ......

where's Rolling Elbow when you need him? ;)

Ryu

shinbushi
12-14-2001, 04:59 PM
metsubushi comes from me: eyes and the verb tsubusu to crush or squash. When we train metsubushi in the Bujinkan it can range from blinding powder, destractions (coins, shuriken, dirt mirrors) to eye gouges or even the use of peper spray.
tetsubishi are iron version of the hishi nut that looks like a 4-sided dice. Also called makibushi (or scattered hishi). In English they are called caltrops.

link to a suriken and tetsubushi page (http://www.bujinkan.cx/dojo/saintes/museum/m17.uk.html)

Kevin
12-14-2001, 08:10 PM
Rolling Elbow's right, you will at least need to familiarize yourself with taijutsu basics, but I know that you are seriously into Judo. I think you might be surprised how much Judo is like taijutsu, after all, they're both just jujutsu when you get down to it. Think of it as Judo with a heavy emphasis on the Tenshin Shinryo atemi stuff. I'm not out recruiting for the Genbukan, but Tanemura sensei does have a system called Goshin-jutsu (self defense techniques). It focuses on the easiest and most effective techniques from jujutsu, ninpo, and Chinese MA, and it's popular with cops, security people, etc. Good Luck!