PDA

View Full Version : Any other Women here besides Me?

Snoopy2000
12-11-2001, 07:23 PM
Besides my last post of last night it would be nice to know if anyone else here is a woman that appreciates Martial Arts?

Snoopy 2000 (alas Kathy):cool:

joedoe
12-11-2001, 07:36 PM
I'm not a woman but I am a lesbian :D

halfling
12-11-2001, 07:54 PM
Hello, nice to meet you. I'm a real woman here. Nice to have some company.

NorthernMantis
12-11-2001, 08:14 PM
Jas,JennyLiuJKD,and Wu Shu Chik seem to be floeating around as well

GunnedDownAtrocity
12-11-2001, 08:43 PM
don't listen to stacy though. he'll try to tell you he's a woman but he's really got a pp

halfling
12-11-2001, 08:43 PM
I still find it interesting as to how there are so few women in proportion to men in MA. And it seems that when girls show up in class, they never stay past yellow belt or so. I don't really get it.

Merryprankster
12-11-2001, 08:56 PM
You think it's bad in most martial arts, try ANY grappling art.

REALLY low % of women

halfling
12-11-2001, 08:59 PM
yeah i know. we have grappling in my class.... and its me and the boys.

jon
12-11-2001, 09:02 PM
That the lack of women in ma is more of a western thing.
I know in CMA there are quite a few female grandmasters.
Where all made out of the same thing on a physical level. There is no reason that a women cant excel in martial arts. I do however think its not a part of western culture and so its harder for western girls to be exposed to ma and to understand its also something they can learn.
It also doesnt help that in western society ma is often just seen as brute force on force hence how big you are determins how well you fight.
Skill is skill it doesnt matter who is on the other end of it. Male female, young or old, skinny or fat. Ive seen masters from all walks of life. Its the skill not the way the person looks or is built.
There is no such thing as a natural athlete in kung fu. It ALL aquired knowledge.
Same go's for races dont be fooled into thinking just becouse someone is from the right ethnic background they know true martial arts.

Stacey
12-11-2001, 09:04 PM
I do not have a PP.

I'm glad that there are finally some woman on here. The pesuedo testosterone thing gets to you after a while.

Good for you halfling, I've also done lots of grappling, the guard took some time getting used to, but I slowly got into it and I've had a great time grappling. It was a little difficulte, thats not exactly the kind of sport I was raised to partake in. I suppose we all have to undo a little social condiitoning to do what we love. Don't you think?

halfling
12-11-2001, 09:21 PM
Hmmmmm, maybe guys can be fooled but don't try to fool me. Your no woman. I don't buy it for a second. Anyhow.... actually the guard didn't take any getting used to. I wasn't uncomfortable at all. Maybe the person you learned it from had some problems teaching a girl properly but my instructor didn't make me feel uncorfortable at all and everytime i got in the guard i didn't even have enough time to think of anything immoral.... i was busy working on drills and moves and escapes. in fact any of the grappling positions are fine with me...... i rather enjoy grappling. its always one of my favorite parts of class. No offense by the way stacey..... dont be jealous that you cant really be a girl. :D you serve as interesting controversy though.

GunnedDownAtrocity
12-11-2001, 10:18 PM
explain this sh!t (http://forum.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=7458&perpage=15&pagenumber=2)

we have been through this. you pretty much said you were a guy on another thread. actually there is a link to that thread in the "isn't stacy a guy" thread linked above.

halfling
12-11-2001, 10:34 PM
i say... until we have some proof..... we assume pp for stacey. anyone trying that hard to sound like a woman or make it known they are a woman can't be a woman.

joedoe
12-11-2001, 10:38 PM
Yeah, I wouldn't admit to being a woman either :D

Just kidding.

straight blast
12-11-2001, 11:07 PM
Straight Blast: *falsetto* "Yes, I'm a woman"
The world: "Really? You're pretty ugly for a woman!"
Straight Blast: *resuming his sexy male voice* "Ok I 'fess up. I'm not a woman. But I like them lots. Does that count?"

Women in MA kick a$$ :cool:

GunnedDownAtrocity
12-11-2001, 11:27 PM
"Yeah, I wouldn't admit to being a woman either "

that was funny.

diego
12-11-2001, 11:32 PM
HE THE TYPE TO CALL CHATLINES AND WHEN HE SLEEPS HE CHATS TO HIS LONSOME,HE BE ALL HEY BABE--yes darling i love you"Hugging his back and all.?????????

qeySuS
12-11-2001, 11:59 PM
****it if that's not a woman i'm ****ed, i was so happy about taht peom he/she made about me :D

qeySuS
12-12-2001, 12:51 AM
wow i agree with Ryu this place makes me look like i'm cursing, so D A M N and P I S S is obviously banned. Being p!ssed doesnt seem like a bad word.

wushu chik
12-12-2001, 01:09 AM
I am here, and so it Triskellin....we are both women!! HEAR US ROAR!!! (not like most of you don't hear me roar at times)!! But, yeah, it's nice to know that there are other women on this forum other than a very FEW of us. It's nice to see others here, that enjoy martial arts as much as we do!

JennyLiuJKD
12-12-2001, 01:18 AM
Hi halfling:) as you can see there are a few girls here but some of us probably aren't as vocal as the guys tend to be with all their arguing over whether kung fu sux or sanshou sux or brazilian jiujitsu sux:rolleyes: i hardly ever post anymore because i don't have a lot of time to even surf the net these days. but you're not alone in this sea of testosterone, hehe.

qeySuS
12-12-2001, 02:33 AM
I do like to get in touch with my inner female though.

Sharky
12-12-2001, 03:11 AM
i like to touch the insides of females too.

Robinf
12-12-2001, 07:12 AM
I'm still here. My handle changed back to my original one, I can't get the one that's just Robin without the f.

It's good to see the female population on this board growing a bit.

How about in your kung fu classes? I tend to be the only woman there. We have a couple of others signed up, but they hardly come in anymore. Do you all have that problem?

Robin

JWTAYLOR
12-12-2001, 07:25 AM
Well, I'm married, so that makes me half a woman, and at the same time, all man baby.

Anyway, two quotes from impressive women come to mind here.

First, from the Iron B!tch herself, Margaret Thatcher:
Being a lady is like being in power. If you have to tell someone you are, you aren't.

I thought George might appreciate that one.

And from my wife, an explanation as to why women don't need the martial arts:
"Women are shemers."

JWT

GunnedDownAtrocity
12-12-2001, 07:32 AM
what's a shemer?

Skarbromantis
12-12-2001, 07:56 AM
i'm a lesbian in a man's body!!

:D

Chang Style Novice
12-12-2001, 07:59 AM
I wouldn't claim to be a lesbian in a man's body.

Without bragging, though, I can honestly say that on a large number of occassions I have been a man in a lesbian's body. No, I'm not a rapist, and yes they seemed to enjoy it quite a bit.

shaolinboxer
12-12-2001, 08:17 AM
Where I train it is about a third women in total, but they tend to train less often. I have a feeling some of them get a lot more out of an hour than some of the guys do out of a week.

shaolinboxer
12-12-2001, 08:19 AM
I forgot to mention that our most senior member under our head sensei is a 60 (approx) year old woman. Her aikido is beyond physical....sometimes she can play with your head so much she can topple you with one finger.

Cody
12-12-2001, 09:15 AM
Woman here. Nice to see there are others participating.

Cody

Colin
12-12-2001, 09:36 AM
"sometimes she can play with your head so much
she can topple you with one finger."

You let a 60 year old women play with your head?
Are you from Alabama?
:eek: :o :D

JWTAYLOR
12-12-2001, 09:37 AM
schemer.

JWT

halfling
12-12-2001, 10:32 AM
Hello again, in my kung fu classes i was the only girl for a very long time. When i started there were a few girls, they are all gone now. I'm away from the town where my classes are held, so since ive been gone i hear that there are two girls coming now..... i will be interested to see if they really get involved i hope so. it could be fun. I never minded being the only girl though. All the guys have been great and i never feel like they dumb stuff down for me or ease it up. i still come away with bruises and sore muscles and sore joints. I LOVE IT!!!!!!! but its good to hear more women on here..... i only have time to type on here now because my classes are over and im just here working this week before im gone for christmas to COLORADO!!!!!!!. --so excited

Whatever women do they must do twice as well as men to be thought half as good. Luckily this is not difficult. :D

JWTAYLOR
12-12-2001, 11:40 AM
BTW, only women show up for my Saturday morning class. I had one, maybe two conditioning days that MIGHT, might have gone a little over the top almost everyone quit.

Sissies.

But 4 women came back and stayed. I get a guy in here and there on Saturday, but the regulars are all women.

Then again, I am a d@mn good looking man.

JWT

halfling
12-12-2001, 11:55 AM
we used to do tons of conditioning..... i really liked that part of class.... if we just had a conditioning class regularly i would be there all the time. i like all aspects of class actually. jwt where do you train here in austin?

JWTAYLOR
12-12-2001, 12:39 PM
Brain Duffy's Kenpo Karate
William Cannon and South Lamar.

I teach Saturday mornings. The adult class is 11:00am to 12:30pm. Sparring from 12:30pm to 1pm+ whenever.
I get there around 9 to 9:30, since the kids class starts then. I have'nt have a kid show up since last May, so I just train myself and sometimes some other people show up at that time.

You are welcome to come by and watch or try out a class anytime.

JWT

meltdawn
12-12-2001, 01:17 PM
Hi y'all. Girl here.

Top 10 reasons why it sucks to be a girl in martial arts.

10. Your nails keep breaking off when you hit the sand bag.

9. There is NO SUCH THING as a "good" sports bra.

8. Dit da jow is not a widely appreciated perfume.

7. The guys who like you are submissive whimps.

6. Everyone wants to see your splits.

5. You can't buy fancy work-out clothes like the aerobicizers.

4. All the "Your Master" jokes.

3. All the “kung fu grip” jokes.

2. Men generally don’t find large forearms attractive.

...and the number ONE reason it sucks to be a girl in the martial arts..........

1. You really CAN beat up your boyfriend!

Robinf
12-12-2001, 01:51 PM
Meltdawn,

You hit all the major disappointments. :p

halfling
12-12-2001, 02:47 PM
jwt --- i would like to come some time.....maybe i'll actually get over there. I'm going to be gone for a while so no time soon but thank you for the invite.

Snoopy2000
12-14-2001, 08:02 PM
And you men too!

Nice to see some replies!

Snoopy2000:cool:

12-14-2001, 09:45 PM
Of the students I've had, the women are far more vicious and dangerous than the men have been.

jun_erh
12-16-2001, 07:33 PM
Would any of you women like to go out with me on a date? Meltdawn maybe???:D

triskellin
01-09-2002, 07:35 AM
sorry i missed this thread first time round. :cool:

wushu chik: reeeeeeoooooowwww!!!!!

melty here's a 2 more:

- people always asking you if you're being beat up at home when they see your bruises.

- you scare ppl with your handshake.

Satanachia
01-09-2002, 08:01 AM
We've got quite afew girls in our class. Well relatively speaking. I mean there's like 6-8 of them or so.
Hell i'm not complaining. Some of them could probably beat me down too :D

Of course, as a caring kind of guy, its really tough when your paired up with a really nice girl.

There's a terrible balance you try to achieve.;)

You try to make sure you don't hit hard enough to hurt them too much.
But you've still got to hit hard enough so you don't look like a pansy compared to the other guys.
:cool:

Then of course when they hit you, you of course have to say it hurt, cause otherwise you're making fun of them.
But you can't let on that its hurting too much otherwise your a little wuss again.

Of course while all this is going through your head, they absolutely clobber you, and you end up on the floor.

Such is the eternal struggle with the opposite sex...