PDA

View Full Version : FOR Throw ends MMA Fight Part II

Rolling Elbow
11-07-2001, 11:46 PM
Who really cares...both men would be out in the street!I usually stay away from the NHB topic but this time I just had to.

First thing you learn is to let go when someone picks you uplike that. There are other alternatives such as smashing-attacking the heels or knees ..hell you can even take the legs if you are fast enough...I learned that after 6 months in taijutsu. The important lesson is LET GO..after that you are on your own..ass kikin or not! :)

Strong guys WILL pick you up and smash you down. Technique beats strength my ass...technique is strategy and insight..insight knows better then to try that when you are soo obviously past the point of pulling it off. He should have been dropped on his head right away. In that case, there would have been NO double knock out. Furthermore..concrete means brain damage or a spilt skull....WAY TO GO SPORT NHB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry guys....in this instance SPORT SMARTS did not equal STREET SMARTS. I'll give credit to NHB allot of the time but when someone does something so stupid it makes me think the individual in question should go back to wathcing Ryu throw thunder balls in Street Fighter rather than tooting his own thorn! (that is the NHB thunder bolt guy guy right?)

Michael Panzerotti
Taijutsu Nobody from the Great White North..

JWTAYLOR
11-08-2001, 12:08 AM
Wait a minute, how would BOTH men be out on the street? One went out, fell down, and was awake again by the time he hit the ground. He was out for like 1 second at the most. And he hit the ground in a safe position.

JWT

If you pr!ck us, do we not bleed? If you poison us, do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge? If we are like you in the rest, we will resemble you in that the villany you teach me, I will execute, and it shall go hard but I will better the instruction. MOV

Merryprankster
11-08-2001, 05:50 AM
Or, on the other hand, Taijutsu Nobody from the Great White North, it MIGHT be, that you have to skilled fighters in the ring, and one of them made a mistake.

He misjudged. It happens in the street too. Nobody is perfect all the time. It's not about sport smarts vs street smarts. It's about making a mistake.

Sport training did not PRODUCE this situation. He should have hooked the leg to prevent the lift and slam. It was not something sport specific that caused the knockout or mistake, like a TKD sportive fighter who doesn't protect his legs.

Neither did the rules. Slams are legal in most MMA events and fighters train to deal with them.

gfhegel21
11-08-2001, 05:55 AM
You also note he paid for his mistake. The fact that his error cost him suggests that the sport did, in this case, reward the person who kept it more "real."