PDA

View Full Version : The best of them all!!

Skarbromantis
12-12-2001, 02:20 PM
Thought id tell a little story that happened to me a couple week's ago, my buddy or should i say one of my old buddy's, (we will call him "T" for this) who has been training in wing chung for a good amount of years, stop's by my house and invite's me to stop my his new school he just opened down the road, so after a couple of of day of thinking it over, I deiced I would check it out..... man was i in for a surprise
The school was ok, nice sparing area and a nice work out area , "T" has one of his
Senior students showing me around, another old buddy of mine, any way's after some small talk and a couple of question's, the senior student starts telling me about some challenge matches they have had .... that's when It got weird .....senior student starts bragging about how bad he is, and how he won all the fights, and no system is better and bah... bah.... bah, then he starts the "put your money were your mouth is" talk about fighting anyone, and if I knew any one who wants to "stop talking and start fighting" as he put it, to show their the best, and no one can... Blah...blah..blah... and their defending the system, and all this other bulls**t.......... And if any one from my school want's to come down and give them a try.

I was so taken back by the statements that he made, challenge's to prove their the best school on the block, do I want to invite my fellow kung-fu brothers to fight, so he can prove that there's no match for his system, give me a break! I got boy's who don't train who could give him a run for his money, they have been open for less then 2 month's, and they are running their mouth's about their skill's, it make's me sick, is that the lesson they are teaching their students? to have a huge ego, and think all other system's are crap?, it showed me the true person(s) inside , I shall never return, not even for a visit!!

BTW- "T" comes over as senior student is running his lip, stand's there, listens for a minute, and casually stroll's away ......like he backed all his student's talk.

Just thought I would share

Skard1

shaolinboxer
12-12-2001, 02:51 PM
Sounds like a school for children who live in a fantasy world.

Don't sweat those goofballs.

SanHeChuan
12-12-2001, 02:51 PM
Understanding what ISN"T said is very difficult indeed. I wasn't there and I’m not you, but you could be wrong, and it is definitely wrong to judge a whole school after one bad encounter with one student. We all know, or should know that not all students reflect the school in the best light. And teachers aren’t always willing to correct them (especially if there friends), because we ALL know that telling someone there wrong isn't going to change their view, they have to learn for them selves.

Skarbromantis
12-12-2001, 03:09 PM
it was just a letdown, i actully thought i would enjoy the visit i didn't think i would leave witha bad taste in my mouth.....also i've known both for over 10 yrs and in the social circle their alright i think the whole "i just opened the school" thing just went to their heads

Skard1

Mutant
12-12-2001, 03:47 PM
You must return to the school and destroy them all, you must avenge your honor. I have learned this from watching kung fu movies, it is the only way...