PDA

View Full Version : Kung fu tutorials?

Yajirobe
12-12-2001, 07:38 PM
Is there such thing as one on the Internet? I've been looking for one and all they do is give me links to a bunch of Kung fu schools....anyone know any sites that show you how to do Kung fu?

Leonidas
12-13-2001, 03:24 AM
Only sites i've seen that have online tutorials are those stupid sites about personal self defense with about 10 moves total. Then theres the flowery Tai Chi site that show you the "official" PRC short forms mainly for health. but you really can't learn Kung fu online especially not Tai Chi, not if you want to get skilled. Maybe you can learn some Judo throws but even the forms for that are too complex to follow from a webpage. Although there is one guy i read about that taught himself all the way to blackbelt Judo throws from a book but he had alot of inperfections and had to finally seek out a teacher. You should do the same

Yajirobe
12-13-2001, 01:34 PM
well i use to go to karate but the cost was way too expensive like $70 a month so my grandma stopped paying for them. but every place i see it's really expensive so the only way i can learn is to look in books and internet.

SevenStar
12-13-2001, 07:29 PM
That may not be wise. Did you make any friends in the class that you can train with?

Yajirobe
12-13-2001, 07:56 PM
no i just trained with adults and then a family came started saying stuff about me like making fun of me and such for a stupid reason -_- so no, didn't make any friends.