PDA

View Full Version : Well such is the way...

Ryu
12-12-2001, 11:09 PM
It's amazing how much intensity goes into the political debating of martial art. From WC/WT to JKDC/JKD to BJJ/JJJ to ninjutsu/ninjitsu, etc. etc....

It gets to the point where you're defending your own words rather than defending yourself with MA sometimes. For the people who asked why I don't get more involved with the "teaching" aspects of MA....well this is a good portion of why.

I suppose I am just annoyed tonight though :D

To Mr. Lamar Davis,
If you are reading, I want to apologize a little for getting rather irritated with you earlier. (It takes a lot to make me mad in a place like this) And especially since you obviously misunderstood what I was trying to say, I shouldn't have gotten so angry.
However, I do feel you jumped the gun a little bit, and saw only what you wanted to see. You should spend time learning about the person you are going to so quickly "judge".
But, my post might have been worded a little better. So for that I apologize also.
However, do not expect me to purchase or look into anything you or your schools offer.

To everyone else, goodnight. :)

Ryu

rubthebuddha
12-13-2001, 01:26 AM
i honestly think that sometimes we need to look to the irish for enlightenment. what can we learn from them? try this:

drink, rumble a little bit, then drink a bit more. sure, the irish were (or are :)) boorish and overly aggressive, but a good drink and bash, followed by a good drink might do us all some good.

i can picture it now: us all sitting around the backyard fire with bunnies on the spit and marshmallows on the sticks, guinness in the cooler, margaritas in the blender (strawberry, of course) and plenty of sparring gear for when we need it. a couple people feel like bashing it out, grab some gear and put each other through a couple knocks, then back to the food and drinky-poos. all the while, we're all chatting about injuries, showing off scars, complaining about being single and wishing that we all just had a happy place to practice, with a really nice wooden dummy to practice on.

Yung Apprentice
12-13-2001, 01:30 AM
I'm a quarter irish! And thats sounds like a hell of a day to me!!!!

rubthebuddha
12-13-2001, 01:34 AM
i'm about a sixteenth, and who said anything about a DAY?

scotty1
12-13-2001, 06:31 AM
B "Got any Irish in you?"
G "No"
B "Would you like some?":cool: