PDA

View Full Version : Iron palm and iron body and PM

Yung Apprentice
12-13-2001, 12:45 AM
I read about the iron palm and iron body tecniques. Wouldn't it be good to intergrate those two tecniques with mantis? Has anyone done it or is currently learning it with their mantis?

MightyB
12-13-2001, 09:29 AM
Chung's School of Praying Mantis in Midland Michigan does. Sifu Henry Chung is the Sifu there. Sifu Henry Chung learned from his father, Chung Ho Yin. Sigung Chung Ho Yin learned from and was a good friend of Won Hun Fun in Hong Kong. After Won Hun Fun's death, Sigung Chung Ho Yin ran the Hong Kong School of 7 Star Praying Mantis. Sigung Chung Ho Yin loves martial arts, and because of that, he was able to transcend the ego trips and political problems that a lot of martial artists have. He became a good friend and a student of Lau Fat Meng, from whom he learned Eagle Claw and the Northern Lion Dance. There still is a close friendship between the Lau and Chung families. Sigung Chung Ho Yin also studied and practiced traditional chinese medicine and Chi Kung. Unfortunately, I can't remember the name of his Chi Kung sifu, but that's where I believe he learned the Iron Body and Iron Palm Chi Kung exercises.

Sifu Henry Chung began learning 7 Star Praying Mantis from his father at the age of 4, and, in my opinion, is one of the best 7 Star practitioners and instructors in the US.

I am extremely grateful to be able to learn 7 Star from such a good man and a good martial artist as Sifu Henry Chung.

So, to answer your question, yes there is a 7 Star Praying Mantis school that teaches Iron Palm and Iron Body Chi Kung.

MightyB
12-13-2001, 09:40 AM
The Texas Kung Fu Exchange people know and practice Iron Body and Iron Palm Chi Kung also. They do both 7 Star and Wah Lum. Sifu Raymond Fogg is the head of the Texas Kung Fu Exchange. He also is a good man and a great instructor of the martial arts.

Robbie
12-13-2001, 12:04 PM
yep, 8step has both.