PDA

View Full Version : weird sensations and training etc.

neptunesfall
12-13-2001, 01:15 PM
i've been training traditional kung fu methods for a few years now,
and there are some things that re-occur and i was just wondering if it happens to anyone else here,
traditional training or not and if they know reasons theories etc. of the why it happens.....

the sun burn effect
this has happened to me a few times, yesterday being the most recent.
similar to having a bad sunburn, my body radiates heat like crazy.
i've taken my temperature at these times, thinking it was a fever, and found not much of a difference.

rice crispies, family size
this only happened for a little while, the first time after starting taichi and the send time after starting kung fu.
constant popping joints, knees back and shoulders mainly.i have a theory on this one, feel free to add subtract or tell me i'm wrong. the low stances compress joints, forcing synovial fluid out [and toxins]and squeezing cartilage. the constant popping is the [now less toxic] fluids seeking their way back into the joint.

the crunchies
this one happened after starting lohan grinds axe and also snake turns over programs.
in the muscles i am working [arms back etc.] i get these little...deposits?...that make a crunching sensation
when the muscsles are massaged. a friend told me these were uric [sp?] crystals; metabolic waste, trapped in the muscle.

ok, that tingles
this lasted from about day 80 or 90 to day 130 or so of the snake turns over program.
about 10 hrs or so after working out, i would get these slight electrical feeling sensations down the inside of
my biceps, along the clevage. i think this corresponds to a heart meridian, but not sure.

hey! there you are!
this is the coolest one. it's sort of a spatial awareness i get after doing some of the more intensive qigongs
i've learned. i start sensing things and people without being able to see them. sounds like hokey new age crap, but it's true.

Starchaser107
12-13-2001, 02:36 PM
Yeah,

interesting terms you use to describe them..what is that latin?

but yeah I get some of those sometimes , but not doing kungfu,mostly the internal and meditative arts.

and youre not alone here with that ,quite a few folks feel these weird sensations ( no moonie comments please) i used to think its strange at first too.

spacial awareness, thats interesting lots of folks experience heightened states of awareness during or doing tai chi or qigong
i suspect it differs from person to person.

you forgot to mention THE MUNCHIES : this is a hightened state of hunger and it happens when, well ahm... GDA you answer this one .

Cyborg
12-13-2001, 03:04 PM
The overheating I have two theories for: heat from the exercise that can't dissipate fast enough, or the body is desperate to detox, and heat such as fever is one way it does that. In either case it's not a good sign. But I'm not a doctor, what do I know?

The "rice crispies" are from excess pressure on joints that requires extra sinovial fluid. It reaches a point where it has to "pop" out of the joint. Either you have bad posture or simply aren't use to the position/exercise.

Wu Wei
12-13-2001, 04:13 PM
I have had the warm body thing but not as intense as you seem to. I would say it is nothing more than increased circulation. When you do some excercises, expecially martial arts, the blood goes out to the extremities of every part of your body. After the workout this continues for awhile, and so long as you keep remotely active afterwards the blood keeps pumping to the outer regions of your body. Basically the opposite of when your skin contacts the cold, the blood actually retreats away from the skin so it wont freeze. I think its like that. But i may be wrong...

I have also had the rice krispies effect. I've been told that if i practised more, it would eventually go away, but that never did happen. It just became smaller pops but more common.

I have had spacial awareness at times, but its not always triggered by martial arts excercises. The strangest was when i was in junior high. My back was to the door but I saw a girl walk into the class. I didnt hear her becuase it was loud at the time and there was nothing to see a reflection in. It was like seeing something in your peripheral only it was way past the edge of my eye.

This remind me of another strange example from when i was in school...
I walked into the school and right as I opened the door going from the boot-room to the hallway I sensed something. I ducked for some reason and once my head was down I hear "Watch out!!"
I then looked to where the voice came from and saw these guys with shocked expressions. Then I looked the other way just in time to see an orange explode on the wall at the end of the hallway.
It was pretty cool....

Sorry for rambling but I thought they were cool stories.

Starchaser107
12-13-2001, 05:09 PM
?

neptunesfall
12-13-2001, 05:59 PM
his qi made the orange explode...heh heh
wu...i've had some similar experiences with the spatial awareness.
the last time happened a few weeks ago.....i slapped a flying marker out of the air
without looking at it.(i made the mistake of irritating one of the girls i work with. she's a feisty one.)

as for the heat thing....i dunno wtf it is. i don't think it's detox, cause i take pretty good care of myself
and watch my eating habits etc. and drink lots and lots of water. :confused:

KC Elbows
12-13-2001, 06:07 PM
I find that on some days, especially when I'm feeling really "on" as far as my kung fu goes, I'm like a blast furnace. I don't feel like I'm burning up, but other people will be cold and I'm not at all. My wife comments on it as well, asking me "How come your so warm?"

Satanachia
12-14-2001, 12:48 AM
Ah that spatial awareness thing. It happened to me in school when i was younger too, but with slightly less "cool" results.

I was just sitting there at my desk, when all of a sudden i got the feeling of impending danger approaching me from behind. Naturally, i spun round as fast as i could. Stupid me.

What was going to be a relatively light slap on the back of the head from one of my friends, turned into a viscious accidental finger in the eye.
:D

IronFist
12-14-2001, 01:45 AM
ahem, speaking of snake turns over... :D :p

Dude, your names for things cracked me up. Rice crispies, the crunchies, hehehe

Iron

Xebsball
12-14-2001, 06:12 AM
Anyone gets some sort of eletrical thing on the tips of the fingers when standing with your arms still for a few seconds? I love when that stuff happens. YING JOW QI GONG STYLE.

And other times is the warmth on the palm. IRON PALM STYLE.

There is also warmth on my pants, between my legs. XEBSBALL STYLE.

neptunesfall
12-14-2001, 06:15 AM
iron fist.....

i've been waiting for you to email back....better yet - try sending me a private message
through the board here. i'm sending you one right now.
my last day is jan 10th, BTW. :D

IronFist
12-14-2001, 01:23 PM
neptune's fall:

You never got the email I sent you back? I sent you a long reply one day.

I don't really know how private messages here work, but I just sent you and email to your address R_____@aol.com so let me know if you get it, ok?

Thanks,

Iron