PDA

View Full Version : finally!

blat
12-13-2001, 06:20 PM
seeing as i came to this forum for a little help on choosing a style of kung fu, and everyone was very helpful, i thought i'd return and let everyone know that i've finally picked a style and am now training!

i decided to go with hung-gar kung fu. so far i'm having a lot of fun and a lot of sore muscles. hehe. i'm training in wei chin school of palates, kung fu, tai chi and muay tai. my sifu's name is grant. when i first went to the school, i thought he was a joke cause, well, he was a little more than overweight. but when the class started, the guy moved like lightning and did things i didn't know were even humanly possible. he works the class hard and is always giving excellent critisism.

well, that's it. i'm having fun and thanks to everyone who gave their imput to my questions.

peace,

nathan.

don bohrer
12-13-2001, 06:41 PM
Nathan,
Don't forget to spill the beans on all those deadly Hung gar secrets you'll be learning.

Apprentice
12-13-2001, 07:25 PM
what kinds of things are you doing? especially the things that leave you sore, im interested in knowing what im gonna be up against...

Yung Apprentice
12-13-2001, 07:25 PM
What is Hung-gar? What style I mean.If a translation. I heard some stuff about it but not to much. Can someone give me a little description?

Felipe Bido
12-13-2001, 08:52 PM
Go to the Sourthen Kung Fu forum and you'll get loads of info.

xiong
12-14-2001, 07:06 AM
If I'm not mistaken Hung Gar means Hung family, this is the style of Wong Fei Hung (or Hong if you prefer).

I believe Tiger and Crane is their most famous form. The movie Once Upon a Time in China is about Wong Fei Hong I've heard that OUTC 2 is good, I didn't care all that much for 1.

I'm sure there are others on this forum who know substantially more than I do on this subject.