PDA

View Full Version : HELP! i need speed!

Renying
12-13-2001, 07:37 PM
Hey guys, im new here, anyways...i need some tips on training speed with attacks, i read a similar post and someone sayed somthing about a word that started with a p polymetrics or somthing that had to do with streching and contracting muscles quickly, but how exactly do you do that? any links to sites that tells you how?

P.S. is it bad to want to fight?:confused:

Apprentice
12-13-2001, 08:28 PM
an example of plyometrics are pushups when you spring up and clap your hands, rinse and repeat...

its hard on your joints, so dont do these ALL the time, do them for a while, then rest a while, i heard 1nce every 3 workouts or so is ok, i dont do them that often tho(saftey first)...

plyos teach your muscle fibers "explode" in an instant, the more muscle fibers regrouped, the quicker it gets brought from point a to point b...hope this helps

Jeff Liboiron
12-13-2001, 09:38 PM
Relaxation = Speed

Is it bad to want to fight? depends on the reason. If some punk calls you names, and you feel like curb stomping his face, that's a little extreme, and may want to get that checked :)

however, if someone is picking on your friends, or trying to harm you or your loved ones, then by all means destroy him.

Budokan
12-14-2001, 07:07 AM
It goes against most martial arts precepts when you say you want to fight. However, that isn't the same as knowing that sometimes you have to fight. The distinction may be subtle, but it's there and a good martial artist knows when and when not to cross that line.

Aramus
12-14-2001, 12:27 PM
When I was in basketball in High School we did a lot of Plyometrics. We did skipping for distance back and forth across the huge (and it was and still is big) basketball floor. Then we did skipping for height across the basketball floor a few more times. We practiced jumping to gain height and speed to those heights. We did this every two to three days. It seemed to help, but we also did a lot of other conditioning. There should be some books at your local library about plyometrics. This could give you some exercises to do.
Just my 2 cents.

good luck.

don bohrer
12-14-2001, 06:25 PM
Just a little friendly advice. Practice alot, work on flexability, and relax your body and mind during workouts. Dieting right helps. IF you have proper nutrition and get enough sleep your body will be able to move better. You might also try to be explosive during practice. Just dont hold back on your techniques, but keep good form.