PDA

View Full Version : Tao of Tai Chi (book)

Ka
12-14-2001, 07:48 PM
Am considering buying The Tao of Ta chiquan Way to Rejuvination, as a reference book anyone with any feed back on this book

Sho Pi
12-15-2001, 06:02 PM
Easily one the the top books out there. You cann't go wrong with having it in your library.

Everytime I read it I find another new insight.

Sho Pi

Sho Pi
12-15-2001, 06:09 PM
Easily one the the top books out there. You cann't go wrong with having it in your library.

Everytime I read it I find another new insight.

Sho Pi

Repulsive Monkey
12-17-2001, 04:44 AM
The authour of the named book seemed to be quite a clever amn indeed. His book is top rate and seems to of have a lot of good experience. He studied primarily to my understanind both Chen and Yang styles. He was not a formal student of Cheng Man Ching's but did study under him and his top disciples. In fact he learnt his Yang style form not off of Cheng Man Ching but off of one his top students. I dont know where he learnt his Chen style but he was warmly regarded as an astute Tai Chi practioner. I totally recommend his book.

Ka
12-18-2001, 01:06 AM
Thanks for the answers. In reference to the forms present in the Book are they all the the short versions, and which Wu style is represented. Thanks again

Nexus
12-18-2001, 01:56 PM
Master Jou who wrote the Tao of Taijiquan had a tai chi farm where students would come and stay and learn tai chi as well as help out on the farm. Two of my teachers both had the opportunity to study with him on the tai chi farm. One of my teachers studied with him in the 1970's and another one of my teachers more recently in the 1990's and both have great things to say about him as a person and the quality of his tai chi.

Also I have read the book and his book Tao of Meditation and both have great concepts and have been inspirational to me in my practices.

- Nexus