PDA

View Full Version : Attn: SanHeQuan

Jowbacca
12-15-2001, 07:46 PM
Hey, I think you check this forum.
How's training going?
You're the one that e-mailed me about training with Yi Yuan right?
I saw the website, pretty dope.
How's Yi Yuan doin btw?
I keep meaning to call him.
Ain't seen him since I left Lubbock in August.
Still no real job, but last week I got notice that it might not be too far away.

Hope things are goin well.
Drop me a line sometime
Eric

SanHeChuan
12-16-2001, 12:35 PM
How's training going?
A little slow for me but a little fast for beginners. The kicks and punches aren’t really new to me and I want to do the throws and stuff.
But it’s cool.
We are a club now and should get our own mat time next semester, with plenty of new students.
He said he would start teaching me hung gar after Christmas. He asked me why I wanted to do hung gar and I gave a really lame answer how having good theory and cr@p, I just want to take traditional Chinese martial arts is all I don’t really care too much what style.

How's Yi Yuan doin btw?
Yi Yuan ok I guess, has been real busy doing I don’t know what, he’s gone back the Taiwan for Christmas. I think he’s going to take some of the other Taiwan students (mike and jack) to practice with the national team or something, maybe.

Jowbacca
12-16-2001, 03:31 PM
Skinny lil mike, Uncle Chien's mike, or the big american born chinese mike?
Just curious; the last one wasn't all that easy for me to get along with.

Yi Yuan's supposed to bring a team to the Wushu festival in songshan this year or next. Hope u get to be a part of that; wish i could go.

Things sound to be goin great up there; I'm really missin out.
Say hi to jack for me.

SanHeChuan
12-21-2001, 01:56 AM
mike, i think hes from Taiwan, hes a little smaller than jack i think.

Wushu festival in songshan this year or next?
cool who paying. i havent heard anything about that. do you mean like fighting in san shou matches or what?

Jowbacca
12-22-2001, 02:26 AM
The mike you're talking about is probably "little mike" or "michael". Cool guy, and real good friend, but obvious that he was/is a super chain smoker. hehe

Yah, Yi Yuan would be bringing folks to SongShan for fighting in matches.

The pricetag for those matches is kinda weird. For people looking to fight, i was told that the association might be able to pay half the plane ticket to china or taiwan. If any of us makes it to Taiwan or China with Yi Yuan; I doubt any of us would have to pay for anything once we got there.

BTW- I was trying to get Yi Yuan to submit some pix and a story about the King of San Da fight last August to KFQ through maybe Gene or the online submission. You might wanna try to encourage him to try something like that in the future, as it would be good for exposure.

SanHeChuan
12-22-2001, 05:08 PM
nobody is even close to being ready for a real san shou match, especially in china or taiwan, we haven't even gotten to sparring yet.

I'm not really looking forward to fighting jack either, i've seen him on the bag and it looks like he kicks too hard. I dont wana play if i'm gonna get my ass kicked, screw that i going home.
i think i can handle all the other student though, but i also think that i'm better than i probly am.

Jowbacca
12-23-2001, 01:31 AM
Probly doesn't help that jack is a he||uva soccer player...
Work on your kick catching and throws.
Not sure if he's back up to normal weight, but he lost a ton of weight when he went to London.
I'll bet if u can close the distance, you're hands and upper body strength will beat his- or if u've got reach on him, use it and keep distance.
Good luck tho. Most I ever got to was 3 minute continuous shuai chiao rounds with Yi Yuan. Never sparred him full out; but he did have me doing some 2 person medium contact drills- like advancing with the jab, light sparring using only the jab vs his left hand or him not punching at all, also bobbing and weaving drills.
Man, I'm so ready to get out of here; wanna get training again.

SanHeChuan
12-23-2001, 01:58 PM
We are about the same height, and he's been lifting weights, I think I am probably a better technical puncher though. That’s about all I got on him, is better technique, man I really need to practice more. oh and we've only learn one kick block / throw.

Not that i have anything aginst him that i want to kick his ass or anything, i just want to cover my own.

I dont understand why your not doing anything down there, you said something about not want to run into your old sifu, but i though he was a pm guy in austin.

Jowbacca
12-25-2001, 10:21 PM
long story
in a nutshell
it's cuz i got no money and no job