PDA

View Full Version : Looking for brain activity

Shaolin
11-08-2001, 08:52 AM
Maybe I'm in a bad mood or actually sick of people talking out their butts. Is there actually any here who has some martial experience, and I could be wrong but it seems most posts are by teenagers who go to class once maybe twice a week and have been studying for six months? I was just curious if anyone has studied in an art for more than a year or two and has some knowledge of selfdefense?

Attack me and I'll kill you.

Watchman
11-08-2001, 08:58 AM
Not me!

Rolling_Hand
11-08-2001, 09:02 AM
I have been a Ving Tsun/ Wing Chun practioner for five years. Here I am... and what's up with * Shaolin * ??

Wongsifu
11-08-2001, 10:23 AM
ahaolin i feel for you. Im pretty sick of this stuff ,especially the whole mma thing.

what do bin laden and general custer have in common????
They're both wondering where the fu(k all of those tomahawks are coming from. - donated by mojo

Johnny Hot Shot
11-08-2001, 11:41 AM
Popeye the sailor man. I'm strong to the finishk cause' I eatsk me spinach, I'M POPEYE THE SAILOR MAN! Too! Too! :D :D

"Life's a great Adventure, Mate"
Jacko Jackson

logic
11-08-2001, 02:12 PM
Maybe most real martial artist are getting bored of some of these posts.

Oh yeah,and tired of others saying they can kick anyones a-ss with their style.YAWN.

Honest Neutral Clarity

Sharky
11-08-2001, 03:23 PM
if you don't like it, FUC.K OFF

All i wanted was some RICE CAKES! Now? WE MUST BATTLE.

Merryprankster
11-08-2001, 05:09 PM
Amen, sharky.

No... you know what the teenagers post Shaolin? They post and say things like "why don't you just..."

No such thing as why don't you just.

And Wongsifu, we are once again in disagreement :): MMA is here to stay and has the potential to be the catalyst for great things in all martial arts. So you've got a few people that take it too far, i.e. "Kung Fu sucks, MMA rules!" Eh, so what. That's ANYTHING. Football, cooking, music. Since it's an open forum, you're going to get that.

In answer to your question Shaolin, I was a wrestler for 5 years and have been doing BJJ for about 22 months. I have a blue belt from Lloyd Irvin. I train between 15-20 hours a week, normally. I have a small smattering of Muay Thai experience, which has served me well in the capacity of keeping my hands up.

apoweyn
11-08-2001, 05:14 PM
Shaolin,

What's your background? Your profile wasn't very specific in terms of time spent.

If there's a problem with the site's content, the most readily available solution is to contribute something worthwhile.

So fire away...

Stuart B.

JWTAYLOR
11-08-2001, 05:17 PM
Nope, I only go to class once a month and I've only been studying American Kenpo for about half a year. And I've only done the Chang Style Tai Chi Chuan Long Form like once all the way through. And, of course, I've never stepped on the matt to wrestle. Weapons training is right out.

So, wanna spar? I think you can take me.

JWT

If you pr!ck us, do we not bleed? If you poison us, do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge? If we are like you in the rest, we will resemble you in that the villany you teach me, I will execute, and it shall go hard but I will better the instruction. MOV

Jockwurst
11-08-2001, 05:21 PM
I've seen some pretty good discussions lately since many of the regular BJJ/MMA trolls seem to be on hiatus. Must be their week to do community service.

GunnedDownAtrocity
11-08-2001, 11:29 PM
maybe you should check out some of the other forums here before whining about it.

where's my beer?