PDA

View Full Version : Now who's the first! (Cung VS Shonie)

qeySuS
12-16-2001, 05:34 AM
Yup just read it off the underground, Cung Le won by decision but aparently it wasnt a close one and Cung dominated. But sadly he didnt do the scissor, although people are saying Shonie threw a couple of scissor attempts of his own. Here are 2 reviews of the match from the UG:

"Cung and Shonie looked good, so evenly matched, big powershots, all up until the throwdowns started going then it was Cung all the way. fwiw I thought both looked gassed from round one! a punching war and Shonie found himself backing up into the corners alot, no where to go and Cung fought his fight with precision, always the hunter. to his credit though, Shonie thwarted two big scissors attempts and I don't know many who can do that against Cung (albeit tiring).

It was a great matchup. Early on I thought Shonie might have a puncher's chance at KO. But as the rounds wore on it was clear this was the venue Cung is totally at home with. He even blasting Shonie with some wicked jumping spinning reverse kicks straight to the midsection - POW. Fight of the night. "

and:

"I don't think Cung got taken down once. SHonie got kicked in the face about five times though. Never knocked down form ppunches, but real close a few times. He was thrown down a bunch of times though. People were saying Cung sucks and there is no competion in San Shou.....LMAO. Cung showed that he is an awesome athlete. "

The second one looks kidna biased, but hey so are we :D

Now everyone over there is saying "he has got to join MMA".

qeySuS
12-16-2001, 05:44 AM
well obviously it's not me that was first since watchman beat me to it :((

Kristoffer
12-16-2001, 06:14 AM
:D

gfhegel21
12-16-2001, 08:01 AM
Hey, in fairness, a lot of people on the UG have been wanting to see Cung in MMA for a long while now.

Props to Cung! Sounded like a good fight and event overall. Too bad it wasn't televised.