PDA

View Full Version : OK Gene, Has KFO gone blue?

rogue
12-16-2001, 05:39 PM
First it was guys hanging things and pulling cars from their naughty bits. Now, I think it's on page 42 of the Shaolin issue, a picture of a buck naked kid? Or is the dancing baby a part of the monks tradition.

Ya won't find that stuff in JAMA or TKD Times!

GeneChing
12-17-2001, 10:50 AM
Blue? Who?
We do like to push the edge of the envelope around here. We even did a SEX issue in July 2000 just so we could write SEX on our cover in 2" red letters. Also we did a centerfold of sorts once of Michiko Nishikawa in July 98. Michiko sold out. July didn't do as well so you can't say we did it for the money since there wasn't any.
As for the naughty bits article, that was my peice and I just couldn't resist. It was such an interesting story.
And the naked toddler in our current Shaolin Special - well, that's the pic they sent us. I think there's an underlying message there to those inside the "shaolin gate" so to speak, but I'm not sure from who....

shoushu
12-17-2001, 01:09 PM
I've always found the miss asian-america contestents in the ninja outfits (etc etc) to be really bad. First of all we all know they know little to nothing about maritial arts (or is that one really a ninja?) so its clear they're simply there for T&A purposes (and not like they're all that, get Michiko back!) ;)

Mojo
12-18-2001, 09:50 AM
Perhaps the naked baby symbolizes a return to a more natural state.

MightyB
12-18-2001, 10:00 AM
Personally, I think that you could use more T&A. I'd like to see more of the Miss Asia pageant girls.

What I'd like to see less of is bearded geezers peddlin' snake oil and magic charms. The charlatans do nothing positive for the martial arts especially kung fu. Every time we start to gain legitimacy (kung fu still is reeling from the effects of David Carradine and his incomprehensible fortune cookie English), you put that guy who claims to smash coconuts with ultra super mystical nonsense in an article and we lose face with our Japanese and Korean counter parts. Let the hippies be in "high times" and put martial artists in the martial arts magazines.

GeneChing
12-18-2001, 11:29 AM
The Miss Asias have been drawing very positive response - I can only think of one other negative response so far. True, they don't practice (well some do carido kickbox stuff, but that probably doesn't count in most people's eyes here.) Personally, they are much easier on the eye than most alternatives and we are trying to sell some product here - that's how we earn our living.
But in contrast, I think you'll find our roster of master models greater than any other company - for example just to name a few: Ren Guangyi, Chan Pui, Mimi Chen, Chen Xiaowang, Arthur Lee, Harlan Lee, Adam Hsu, Helen Liang, Jenny Tang, Cung Le, Lily Lau, Arthur Chen, Shaolin monks Guolin, Yanming, Xingying, Xinghao & Decheng.

As for the old masters - actually in a recent survey, they were one of the most requested subjects. We try to avoid charalatans of course, but one gets through every once in a while in every magazine and in every style. I don't think that makes Chinese styles lose face more than any other styles. Most veterans, while we don't like it, except it as a constant spectre throughout all martial arts.

MightyB
12-18-2001, 12:08 PM
I love and respect TRUE masters like everybody else.

I'll eat up anything that you write about Grandmasters that have true lineages.

What I was referring to were the rejects from the counter culture movement that smoked a little too much hashish while watching a David Carradine Kung Fu marathon on the telly and decided to appoint themselves as a Grand Master of the Martial Arts rather than starting a legit 12-step program.

rogue
12-18-2001, 03:33 PM
Them Miss Asias need a little meat on their bones. Take them to the Outback Steakhouse for a Victoria cut.

joedoe
12-18-2001, 03:34 PM
I can give them a bit of meat with my bone :D

shoushu
12-18-2001, 03:56 PM
If its attractive women you want modelling your wears, why not get some real CMA practioners? Jenny Tang, Mimi Chan, Clara Shen, Mae Hsu, just to name a few off the top of my head...

All are legitimate practicioners who know what they're doing, something the other model girls clearly don't. I don't see this problem with the males featured in the ads, you can get Cung Le or Harlan Lee to pose, these guys are good enough looking, right? Why not find some of the female equivalents?

I'm sure there's a few pretty girls at some ninjitsu school just waiting to be discovered!!

;)

rogue
12-18-2001, 08:20 PM
Hey why not get the KFO gang to model. If I can find my truss I'd be game.

Watchman could model the ninja gear, Knifefighter the bladed products and Rolls the toddler wear.

joedoe
12-18-2001, 08:26 PM
Celestial Amiboshi could model the sweatshirts :D

rogue
12-18-2001, 08:32 PM
JWT could model belt buckles.
And Sevenstar could just pose with his shirt off for no other reason than he wants to.

joedoe
12-18-2001, 08:36 PM
Ego Extrordinaire could model the toilet paper - because he is such an @rse wipe.

Neil Cameron could model the personal protection range of goods (mace etc) because he has so much experience in them - at the receiving end that is.

GeneChing
12-19-2001, 10:59 AM
We do have Jenny Tang and Mimi Chan as models (Clara and Mae have to come by and we'll shoot them too!) A lot of it is motivated by who comes to us. We have a strong relationship with the Miss Asia Pageant due to our participation in SF Chinatown. It is promoted by Rose Chung, a political activist and former beauty queen, and our parent company, TC Media, is a sponsor of the event. So it is very easy for us to get them to model for us - and since most of them are just posing to show product, they really don't need to know much. Actually, it can be really tough to get masters to model sometimes becuase they want the movements to be accurate. By nature, most kungfu movements are closed and protective, which doesn't show the product at all. Additionally, they look where they are striking instead of into the camera, and often when you get them to strike in the camera, again it doesn't show the product. I admire their integrity and respect their reasoning, but it can be VERY difficult during the shoot.
Besides, when all the Miss Asias call, you think I'm not going to shoot them? It's a great perk for my crew.

I've been thinking of a way to incorporate the forum members into the print mag. I'm not sure modelling is it. I'm still working on it...

MightyB
12-19-2001, 11:41 AM
> I've been thinking of a way to incorporate the forum members > into the print mag. I'm not sure modelling is it. I'm still working > on it...

I'll do some nude poses for ya. That should increase readership! ;)

Black Jack
12-19-2001, 12:08 PM
If Rogue lets me model then I want to "just" wear my old highschool jockstrap and gym socks.

Maybe do a few rear shot for the ladies.

rogue
12-19-2001, 12:17 PM
Gene, Maybe an article on why martial artists with too much time on their hands and internet access is a bad thing.

GeneChing
12-19-2001, 01:28 PM
:D

shoushu
12-19-2001, 08:09 PM
Next time the Miss Asian America contestants call you up to do a photo shoot, you respectfully explain that rather than model ninjia tabi boots, there's some selections out of the Victoria's Secret catalog that need to be shot for 'Gene's personal collection'....

:p

Fish of Fury
12-19-2001, 09:01 PM
Gee, your job must really suck Gene.
(and here was me feeling sorry for you having to run this forum and put up with us!)
Hey, do you need a joke writer? cleaner? anything...?
i'll wipe the drool off the camera lense if you like.
:D

GeneChing
12-20-2001, 01:17 AM
...and a curse. It really is a lot of work with a lot of intense people. But it definately has it's moments and perks, especially as a martial artist. As for the Miss Asias, personally I'm not really attracted by asian women, but I know a lot of our readers have a good case of yellow fever, so I do it for them. :p
We do get some compalints now and again that they aren't real martial artists and don't dignify the arts (???) but those complaints are outweighed by the "who'se that girl?" inquiries by a long shot.

Ryu
12-20-2001, 03:07 AM
I haven't seen or really know anything about what you're discussing, but I'm guessing (hoping) girls are modeled decently and not just for "T&A" charm.
But I'm sure of that because Gene's a cool guy. (see? I called you cool, now put ME in an issue!)

I do get annoyed when girls parade as "cute martial artists' and have no training at all. But I don't read this magazine so I guess it can't bother me too much. :D

Ryu

Fish of Fury
12-20-2001, 03:50 AM
actually that's a pretty cunning plan Gene...threatening to put "us" in the forum into the mag.
we'll all rush out and buy a copy now :p

GeneChing
12-20-2001, 10:47 AM
R- Now why do you want to be in a magazine that you don't read?I view the Miss Asias as part of what we do - promote Kungfu & Chinese culture. To most westerners, Asian women are just "china dolls." I mean really, who can forget "me so horn-y"? So we support the Miss Asia America pageant efforts in bringing more diversity and awareness.
By the way, did you all know that Jenny Tang is a Miss Asia Arkansas?

Fof- Our magazine and forum go hand-in-hand for us here. I would love it if more of our readers used the forum and more of our forum members read the magazine. So I've been toying with ideas for articles or promotions. I don't think just putting everyone's face in the mag would do it (after all, there are almost 3000 of us.) If you have any good suggestions, NOT blackjack in a jockstrap, let me know, I'm interested.

The forum has a definate influence on the magazine. Since we have had the forum going, our article submissions have increased times 3. That's very exciting for us. We are very happy to provide this forum for you all, trolls and all, the forum is a great arena for cyberwarriors.

rogue
12-20-2001, 11:25 AM
Hello, my name is Rogue and I read KFM.

Showing T&A? While the Miss Asian American gals are a lovely lot, they don't exactly have that J-Lo thing going!:D

GeneChing
11-22-2017, 09:33 AM
As y'all probably noticed, I surf the web for forum-related news and then search the forum for some old thread to post it on. And sometimes, the forum coughs up a hilarious old thread that I just can't resist ttt-ing, even though it's slightly OT. My search words were 'Victoria's Secret' and look what popped up.

This forum is a treasure, I tell ya. :cool:

Victoria’s Secret Shanghai show – the Angels, the controversies, the fall and the US$2m Fantasy Bra (http://www.scmp.com/lifestyle/fashion-luxury/article/2120845/victorias-secret-shanghai-show-angels-controversies-fall)
The world’s number one underwear show made its Chinese debut, and it wasn’t short of drama, from Ming Xi’s stumble to Katy Perry and Gigi Hadid’s visa problems, and, of course, the Victoria’s Secret Angels and their outfits
PUBLISHED : Tuesday, 21 November, 2017, 12:09pm
UPDATED : Tuesday, 21 November, 2017, 2:15pm
Jing Zhang
http://twitter.com/jingerzhanger
jing.zhang@scmp.com

https://cdn4.i-scmp.com/sites/default/files/styles/980x551/public/images/methode/2017/11/21/9e5d0d70-ce6f-11e7-986f-48a2e310a482_1280x720_141523.jpg?itok=PgBacJ1x

Looking like a young Mick Jagger, Harry Styles shook and swayed his way across the Victoria’s Secret stage as the famous Angels sauntered in extravagant, barely-there costumes at the Mercedes-Benz Arena in Shanghai.
Toned, tanned and sylphlike, the Victoria’s Secret Angels in Shanghai were a mix of regulars including Adriana Lima, Bella Hadid, Cindy Bruna, Stella Maxwell and Chinese models Liu Wen and Sui He as well as newcomers like Gizele Oliveira and Samile Bermannelli.

https://cdn4.i-scmp.com/sites/default/files/images/methode/2017/11/21/b49d0c8e-ce56-11e7-986f-48a2e310a482_972x_141523.jpg
Bella Hadid at the 2017 Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show in Shanghai. Photo: AFP

Karlie Kloss made a triumphant return to the catwalk, whilst Hadid (without fellow supermodel sister Gigi) donned a saucy black lace bra and panties and a plume of bright blue feathers – and this is the year that Hadid officially gets her Angel wings (a VS model’s status runs from regular model who has to audition each time to official Angels who don’t).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEGSDoDpuP0

A buxom, toned Candice Swanepoel made a glorious return to the catwalk after the birth of her first child a year ago. South American beauties and Victoria’s Secret favourites Alessandra Ambrosio and Lima shook a tail feather (quite literally in those outfits), delighting screaming fans.

https://cdn4.i-scmp.com/sites/default/files/images/methode/2017/11/21/0d3f7a52-ce57-11e7-986f-48a2e310a482_1320x770_141523.jpg
Harry Styles performs at the show. Photo: AFP/Fred Dufour

Katy Perry was supposed to be performing, but was reportedly denied a visa. So it was up to Harry Styles, along with American singers Miguel and Leslie Odom Jnr, Chinese pop star Jane Zhang (often dubbed China’s Britney Spears) and pianist Li Yundi, to get the crowds moving.

https://cdn2.i-scmp.com/sites/default/files/images/methode/2017/11/21/bf8fe77e-ce56-11e7-986f-48a2e310a482_1320x770_141523.jpg
Brazilian model Alessandra Ambrosio (left) and US model Lily Aldridge at the show. Photo: AFP

In Shanghai, group cheers could be heard from backstage as the Angels slipped out of their silky robes and into their incredible carnivalesque outfits for what is dubbed “the biggest fashion show on earth” – with more than 800 million watching the TV special. The spectacular started in 1995 and has been filmed in New York City, Miami, Paris, London and now Shanghai.

https://cdn1.i-scmp.com/sites/default/files/images/methode/2017/11/21/d2678dac-ce56-11e7-986f-48a2e310a482_1320x770_141523.JPG
Models celebrate at the end of the 2017 Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show in Shanghai. Photo: Reuters/Aly Song

The finale was epic: all models and Angels came out dancing and smiling as gold confetti sprayed across the front of the stage. Lily Aldridge, Maria Borges, Sara Sampaio, Behati Prinsloo and Taylor Hill, at 21 the youngest Victoria’s Secret Angel, celebrated the breathtaking production of what can be called one of the biggest and most successful branding exercises in fashion.
A Chinese newcomer, Estelle Chen, joined the fashion industry’s most famous Chinese faces: Sui, Ming Xi, Xiao Wen Ju and Liu Wen. Xi provided the one very dramatic fall of the evening, which drew a collective gasp from the audience, and a firm arm grab from my companion sitting next to me.
The seasoned model recovered beautifully in her floral wings, blue and white lingerie with huge train; and with a little help from a fellow model, stood back up, brushed herself off and continued the rest of the runway all smiles and attitude.

https://cdn1.i-scmp.com/sites/default/files/images/methode/2017/11/21/e85a45e6-ce56-11e7-986f-48a2e310a482_1320x770_141523.jpg
Chinese model Ming Xi fell over during the 2017 Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show in Shanghai. Photo: AFP

Sadly, the Shanghai show also marked the last one for Brazilian supermodel Ambrosio, 36, who said that she would be hanging up her wings after 2017.
Finally, who got to wear this year’s US$2 million Fantasy Bra? Why, another Brazilian, of course. The honour went to Lais Ribeiro, who donned the heavy, Mouawad-designed bra featuring more than 600 carats and 6,000 hand-set diamonds, yellow sapphires, and blue topaz.

https://cdn4.i-scmp.com/sites/default/files/images/methode/2017/11/21/f1dbd7d8-ce56-11e7-986f-48a2e310a482_1320x770_141523.jpg
From left: Liu Wen, Xi Mengyao, singer Miguel, Ju Xiaowen and He Sui. Photo: AP

The outfits

Victoria’s Secret didn’t disappoint when it came to the attire, made especially for the show, including a collaboration with Parisian fashion house Balmain. Themes included Punk Angel, Winter’s Tale – Liu in gigantic colourful pom poms – and Porcelain Angel, a nod to Chinese fine crafts. There was the puffa jackets, pop colours and sportswear-themed Millennial Nation tribal, and a Masai-themed collection called Nomadic Adventure. The finale, of course, was the Goddesses – a Grecian-inspired parade of golden wings, wreath headdresses and ethereal, barely-there flowing robes.

https://cdn1.i-scmp.com/sites/default/files/images/methode/2017/11/21/0352ee34-ce57-11e7-986f-48a2e310a482_972x_141523.jpg
Xin Xie at the 2017 Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show. Photo: AFP

From a banned Katy Perry to rumoured 300,000 yuan (US$45,000) tickets – all the controversies from the Victoria’s Secret show in Shanghai last night
With US retail suffering and core growth for the brand centralised on the China market, holding the annual Victoria’s Secret show in Shanghai was perhaps not a huge surprise. It was the hottest ticket in town, with many people telling me that resale prices for the tickets online had reached 300,000 yuan on Taobao.
Swanepoel and Hadid might have bought some glamour to Pudong, Shanghai last night and the show, pink carpet and after-party were a glittering array of the best bodies in the world, clad in lingerie, but as the brand wrapped up its first big show in the region, it was beset by tight security, confused logistics, communication failures among organisers and mayhem at the entrances and with the seating.

https://cdn2.i-scmp.com/sites/default/files/images/methode/2017/11/21/1a349a42-ce68-11e7-986f-48a2e310a482_972x_141523.JPG
Katy Perry was unable to attend the show. Model Gigi Hadid was also absent. Photo: Alamy

Weeks before, politics overshadowed the American lingerie brand’s first show in China. Hadid and pop star Katy Perry, both expected to take to the stage, were noticeably absent, reportedly both denied entry visas to China.
“Banned!” read website headlines.
But why? It’s widely thought that Perry is banned from playing in the country because of her 2015 Taipei gig, where she performed in a sunflower dress and draped in a Taiwanese flag – a move many interpreted as support for Taiwanese independence (the sunflower was the adopted symbol of pro-independence, anti-China protests) – angering China.
Hadid meanwhile had offended the Chinese with an Instagram story where she appears to be holding up a small Buddha biscuit and squinting her eyes. Despite Perry writing a letter of appeal to China and Hadid apologising online for causing offence, it seems the Chinese government is not so quick to forgive and forget.
This is not the first time pop stars and celebrities have fallen out of favour with the Chinese government, as the likes of Lady Gaga, Oasis and Bob Dylan can attest. Recently Jon Bon Jovi and Justin Bieber were both banned from performing in the country, the former for his outspoken support of the Dalai Lama and the latter for his general “bad behaviour”.

China has come a long way, baby.

GeneChing
11-29-2017, 11:17 AM
https://typeset-beta.imgix.net/uploads/getty/2017/11/29/cf256b05-482f-4c4a-9db1-401ebaf8d671-getty-877243776.jpg?w=748&h=448&fit=crop&crop=faces&auto=format&q=70
MATT WINKELMEYER/GETTY IMAGES ENTERTAINMENT/GETTY IMAGES

The Victoria's Secret Fashion Show Kung Fu Battle Was Not Twitter's Favorite
By Laura Rizzo
15 hours ago

We all have been waiting with anticipation for the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show to grace our television screens. While we saw the usual — models, great performers, amazing undies — there were a few unexpected... surprises. The Victoria's Secret Fashion Show kung fu battle (https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&q=%23vsfashionshow%20kung%20fu&src=typd)was something I think viewers (including myself) could have lived without.

Yes, you read that right. Two VS models engaged in a kung fu battle. Why? Why the hell not, I guess. Since the show took place in Shanghai, China, they tried to show some of the local culture, but it resulted in a very awkward few minutes of television.

Victoria's Secret veterans, Jasmine Tookes and Josephine Skriver, visited a temple in Shanghai and were trained in the ancient art of kung fu by Max Huang. Fun fact I learned from Huang's Instagram: He's an actor and a stunt coordinator at Jackie Chan Stunt Team. Don't worry about our precious models, they were in safe hands.

The first awkward thing that I was having a hard time getting past was the setup. Huang was joined by a team of other kung fu artists. At the beginning, the whole group engaged in a series of coordinated kung fu movements. Then, Huang started "training" Tookes and Skriver while the rest of the group literally just stood and watched. You're telling me, all those people just stood and watched that whole time? Someone must've needed a snack or bathroom break. Not buying it.

Then, after the girls were properly trained, they engaged in a... battle? They basically just exchanged a couple of movements with whooshing sounds in the background. It was weird, and a bit uncalled for. Needless to say, Twitter agreed.

Ka$ha
@kash_monaay
This Kung Fu bit is kinda awful #VSFashionShow
3:19 AM - Nov 29, 2017
Replies Retweets 1 1 like
Twitter Ads info and privacy
15h

alex
@alexesthetic
Replying to @alexesthetic
can we talk abt the bruno mars blm shirt he wears while performing a concert?? i love #VSFashionShow

alex
@alexesthetic
Theyre making this kung fu thing more dramatic than it is.. i love headassery #VSFashionShow
3:20 AM - Nov 29, 2017
1 1 Reply Retweets likes

sally cohen
@sallycohen1
This watching the kung fu scene. I can’t. #VSFashionShow
3:17 AM - Nov 29, 2017
1 1 Reply Retweets likes

Danny Rivera
@dgrivera
So this kung fu segment is... a thing. #VSFashionShow
Replies Retweets 1 1 like

Shannon Thorpe
@ShannyThorpe
The Kung-Fu segment was lame #VSFashionShow
Replies Retweets likes
I feel like I can do Kung fu as well as a Victoria secret angel... #ndsuvsfashionshow

— (@laurbergss) #
The Victoria's Secret Fashion Show wasn't just one big cheese-fest. Goddess walking among us, Lais Ribeiro, wore this year's fantasy bra and rocked it. According to PR Newswire, the $2 million Demi bra was, “designed exclusively for Victoria's Secret by world-renowned jeweler Mouawad,” the bra is “handset with diamonds, yellow sapphires and blue topaz in 18 karat gold."

View image on Twitter (https://twitter.com/VictoriasSecret/status/935719002831245312/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.elitedaily.com%2Fp%2Fthe-victorias-secret-fashion-show-kung-fu-battle-was-not-twitters-favorite-6616505)
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DPwt6XQW0AAEXr_.jpg
Victoria's Secret

@VictoriasSecret
👏 @Lalaribeiro16 hits the #VSFashionShow runway in the 2017 #VSFantasyBra, created by @mouawadjewelry
3:56 AM - Nov 29, 2017
21 21 Replies 849 849 Retweets 2,650 2,650 likes

Obviously, she looked amazing. The model held in the big secret until Nov. 1 when she posted a photo on Instagram with the caption,

I've been holding this secret for too long and I am beyond honor to announce that I will be wearing it the Champagne Nights Fantasy Bra this year! I am very happy and thankful for my Victoria's Secret family for trusting me and all the support from my on family, friends and fans! THANK YOU SOMUCH!!! its official!!
She walked like a total pro on the catwalk and really showed how much she deserved to wear the fantasy bra down the runway. Ribeiro did not take the honor lightly. Wearing the coveted bra for her sixth strut down the VS runway proved to be an emotional experience for the model. She said in a video on People.com,

I never cried so much in my entire life — and I have a baby. It was so emotional. I couldn’t believe it when they told me. It was so beautiful.
She continued,

Who doesn’t dream about wearing the Fantasy Bra — I mean it’s an honor to be among Gisele [Bündchen], Candice [Swanepoel], Adriana [Lima], and all the big top models who have worn it in the past. I get too emotional talking about this. I have to work on that.
Obviously, the fantasy bra was given to the right person — Ribeiro did a spectacular job.

The Victoria's Secret Fashion Show came and went so fast. We saw amazing models, Harry Styles dancing, and one model take a tumble with unbelievable grace. Every year after the show I have the same thought — how will Victoria's Secret ever top themselves next year?

New life goal - become the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show Kung Fu instructor. ;)

GeneChing
12-12-2017, 03:01 PM
KICK ASS BEAUTY Victoria’s Secret model Sara Sampaio shows off her karate moves in a tiny black cut-out leotard for the Love Advent Calendar (https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/5078413/victorias-secret-model-sara-sampaio-shows-off-her-karate-moves-in-a-tiny-black-cut-out-leotard-for-the-love-advent-calendar/)
The Portuguese model looks stunning in the latest shoot for the acclaimed magazine
By Jill Robinson
6th December 2017, 11:29 am Updated: 7th December 2017, 1:12 pm

SARA Sampaio shows off her karate skills in the latest LOVE magazine advent calendar.

The Portuguese stunner is the latest star to feature in the acclaimed publication’s annual extravaganza, following in the footsteps of Kendall Jenner and Slick Woods.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/nintchdbpict000371328168.jpg?strip=all&w=960&quality=100
PHIL POYNTER / LOVE
Sara Sampaio shows off her karate moves in the latest Love Magazine Advent Calendar

For her shoot, the 26-year-old wore a black cut out bodysuit which featured one long sleeve and metallic ring detailing around the hem.

With her dark hair hanging straight around her shoulders, Sara carried out a series of karate moves, kicking her leg high in front of her – risking a wardrobe malfunction – before chopping a plank of wood in half with her bare arm.

Sara’s shoot follows the theme of this year’s calendar – Stay Strong – which Sara utters at the end of her energetic routine in the video.

The clip closes with a quote from the Victoria’s Secret star which read: “I love the element of surprise… you get to be a little bit of an actress.”

https://www.thesun.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/nintchdbpict000371327733.jpg?strip=all&w=960&quality=100
PHIL POYNTER / LOVE
Sara high kicks as part of her energetic routine

https://www.thesun.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/nintchdbpict000371328120.jpg?strip=all&w=960&quality=100
PHIL POYNTER / LOVE
The Portuguese beauty looks sensational in the video

https://www.thesun.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/nintchdbpict000371328075.jpg?strip=all&w=960&quality=100
PHIL POYNTER / LOVE
The 26-year-old flashes her abs in a cut out black bodysuit

Sara’s day six video follows Kendall Jenner’s Rocky-themed shoot for day four.

The 22-year-old catwalk star, who has been named the world’s highest earning model, stripped to matching sweatpants and a crop top as she took on the role of iconic fighter Rocky Balboa.

Keeping Up With The Kardashians favourite Kendall threw her all into the action-packed shoot which saw her skip on the spot and shadow box in a studio.

Wearing bright white wraps on her hands and her hair scraped back into a ponytail, she sweats it out in a series of routines before leaping into the air as she gave her best left hook.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/nintchdbpict000371328161.jpg?strip=all&w=960&quality=100
PHIL POYNTER / LOVE
At one point Sara chops a plank of wood in half with her bare arm

https://www.thesun.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/nintchdbpict000371327719.jpg?strip=all&w=960&quality=100
PHIL POYNTER / LOVE
The theme of this year’s calendar is ‘Stay Strong’

Later on, the beauty looked beaten as she crashed onto the ring face-first, before rolling over and giggling about her antics to a mate.

Her final shot saw her strike a sultry pose while holding a jump rope and wearing a grey Adidas sweatband on her head.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/nintchdbpict000371327693.jpg?strip=all&w=960&quality=100
PHIL POYNTER / LOVE

Sara certainly shows off her strength and flexibility in her video

https://www.thesun.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/love_6jpg-js371327686.jpg?strip=all&w=960&quality=100
PHIL POYNTER/LOVE
Sara Sampio risked a wardrobe malfunction with her high kicks

Do we need an indie Martial Arts & Victoria's Secret thread?

Lawd I hope so.

Thread: OK Gene, Has KFO gone blue? (http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?7838-OK-Gene-Has-KFO-gone-blue)
Thread: Celebrities studying martial arts?
(http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?41233-Celebrities-studying-martial-arts)