PDA

View Full Version : how your fight started?

don bohrer
12-16-2001, 08:12 PM
Guys just a question? When last in a fight were you able to control the distance? Initiate the fight? or dictate the terms of the fight with your starting actions? Just asking since I often hear so many people dissing TKD or kicking (myself once included).

My friends TKD instructor said when the opponent tries to close that is our (tkd's) best range. Along that line of thought do we limit our chances to use legs by waiting?

While in the army I witnessed many fights between soldiers. These guys would get right in each others face talking smack. Usually one would start the fight by first pushing the other guy really hard.

I cant recall seeing these fights start with a blindside attack or sneaky punch. Just lots of adrenaline and quickness. Most of the time either guy could have controlled the distance, initiated when, or dictated the terms of the fight, but failed to do so.

rogue
12-16-2001, 08:38 PM
I think I'm the only one here to be attacked by a JKD Concepts guy. :D Just walked up and poked me in the eye. ;) Turned out to be a "misunderstanding". What an a-hole.

Never got into the chest to chest thing, but that may be because I'm a wussy and try to keep at least an arms length distance.

And I have noticed that many people "walk" into a TKD fighters side or back kick, including myself. I think it's because the TKD fighter is sending a retreat que by turning that shoulder when setting up the kick, which suckers people in. At least that's what seems to happen in my experience.

SevenStar
12-16-2001, 08:55 PM
Rogue, this would be a good place to post that story you talked about months ago about you and your father fighting a group of guys. You never did tell us what happened.

SevenStar
12-16-2001, 09:38 PM
I always miss the good posts!:D

Ralek
12-17-2001, 08:09 AM
I've only been in one fight my entire life. It started on the internet. He was a national level san shou fighter who had previously fought Marvin Perry the champion of San Shou. I was making fun of kung fu on the internet and made an open challenge for all kung fu people. So he accepted and we met and fought in the park. San shou is a combination of Mauy thai and Freestyle wrestling. I am just a teenager and he is in his late 20's.

I controlled the distance. So i kept him back. He tried to close the distance a few times but he couldn't. He did a double leg takedown and then i did an elbow knee escape to guard. While he was in my guard i punched his face and i hit his tooth. The tooth cut me between my knuckles. He was spitting blood. We agreed to both stand back up again.

One of his roundhouses cut my arm. But it didn't do anything. He also tried to do an Iron Broom sweep but i stepped back and he didn't get it. I dominated the fight and he was really getting tired. He had to take breaks after every 5 minutes of fighting.

He doesn't post here anymore though. I don't post here either anymore accept for once and a while.

Budokan
12-17-2001, 08:11 AM
Shut up, Rolls. We're all quite tired of hearing about your "blood-spilling" fight.

myosimka
12-17-2001, 08:21 AM
Not that I wish to tarnish Vunak but just some of his students that I have met have been less than impressive in the honor/dignity portion of MA. They know their stuff but a bit too hardcore for me.

Kind of like I prefer BJJ under the Machados. I definitely like GJJ and have learned alot studying in that system but just like the Machado attitude.

Ralek
12-17-2001, 08:33 AM
Myosimka. Gracie jiujitsu and Machado jiujitsu are the exact same thing. They are all the same. Mario Sperry does the same style as Rorion or Jean Jacques.

The only difference is legal trademarks. I think the Machados actually called the style Gracie Jiujitsu until Rorion sued them. It's just a bunch of polotics. Not a different system.

But the system might be a little different becuase Rorion is known for holding back certain techniques from his students and a whole bunch of stuff like that.

Rickson Gracie is not allowed to call his style Gracie Jiujitsu because Rorion threatened to sue him. Rorion is even sueing his own family for using the name Gracie Jiujitsu. But a deal was worked out where Rickson was allowed to include his first name in the title so it could be called "Rickson Gracie jiujtisu". But it's still the same thing as Gracie jiujitsu and Machado jiujitsu. Rorion also sued Carley gRacie for using the name Gracie Jiujitsu.

So you really can't say you don't like the Gracie Jiujitsu system. But you can say that you like the Machados open and free spread of information better than Rorions "keep everthing seceret" attitude.

rogue
12-17-2001, 11:38 AM
OK Sevenstar the short version one last time. My dad and I were attacked by 11 bikers, really big mean bikers. I performed a perfect head throw on one of them and sent the other flying 10 feet with an irimi. I then pulled two pickets from a wrought iron fence and backflipped onto the roof of a car where I then performed sinawalli. This alone frightened the other seven bikers so bad that they even dropped their knifes and chains as they ran. At least that's how I remember it.;)
In the mean time dad had thrown two of them against a parked car using what ever kung fu that NYPD cops know.

Not much came of it, we got to the funeral called it in, gave descriptions which weren't much and I spent the rest of the night stomping around with the shakes.

The JKD Concepts guy was from a school that has nothing to do with Vunak. It was school where they taught some Wing Chun, Muay Thai and kali and used JKD concepts to put it together.

DelicateSound
12-17-2001, 12:56 PM
....... You must be the saddest, most juvenile, idiotic, boring, pansy-assed, repetitive, most falsified, deceitful, no-good troll that ever stalked the hallowed halls of KFO.

People slag off GF, but at least he seems to know what he's talking about.

You didn't fight anyone. I ain't been here for a while, so I might be wrong, but has the other guy come on here and told his version of it? If you took so much trouble to meet up, why didn't you get a neutral referee from this board to verify it? Or why not film it for God's sake!?
You can't just come on here shouting about how you kicked some guy's ass. But I suppose it's just like the time you challenged that Tai Chi "Grandmaster" and he refused to fight, so you kicked his ass in front of his students....... :rolleyes:

And hadn't you PROMISED to p*ss off elsewhere?

Jaguar Wong
12-18-2001, 10:13 AM
DelicateSound,
Actually ShaolinTiger00 did tell his side of the story. It was basically a sparring match, and Ralek spent most of the time back peddaling until ST got sick of "chasing" him around, and took him down with a double leg. Both sides of the story mention Ralek's elbow knee escape from the mount to get ST into his guard where he lands a punch (hardly a fight ender, if you ask me), and thus the "blood spilling" in the fight.

Ralek spends so much time playing video games that he didn't realize that sparring is different than fighting. He wasn't used to any level of contact, so when he experienced this, he felt that it was a real fight, since he probably though his life was in danger, that's why he spent so much time running away during the "fight". I personally enjoy him retelling the story with slightly different emphasis on different parts, in order to fit into the theme of the thread, and rile up all the (T)Rolls haters in here.

Plus I think someone mentioned that Marvin Perry never fought ST. I'm not sure on that part, though. All in all, it sounds like an everyday sparring match to me. Not much of a story to cling to in order to make yourself feel better. I'd rather just learn from the mistakes and move on, instead of trying to impress people with the one TRAINING SESSION.

DelicateSound
12-18-2001, 01:35 PM
Thanks for filling me in on the details J.Wong. If you're reading this ST, come and explain all in more detail!

IMO, this is another Ralek-ism - i.e: A pathetic exaggeration of a sad miserable truth. A simple sparring match where he is pretty much dominated turns into the Colisseum finale from Way Of the Dragon. Here are a few more Ralek-ism's.

REALITY: Asks a Tai Chi man if he'd like to fight. Man refuses.
RALEKWORLD: He drops the guy with an *AWESOME* BJJ tackle, before pounding his ass in front of his helpless students.

REALITY: Ralek meets a man from Afghanistan
RALEKWORLD: Osama Bin Laden is sending crack Al-Quada commandos to rid the world of the lethal power of Ralek.

REALITY: Ralek sees the ITV Digital Monkey
RALEKWORLD: Ralek is attacked by a hoard of rabid, flesh eating chimps.

As Neil Buchanan of Art Attack fame would say "Try it yourself, make your own Ralek-isms. See you next week kids. Until then, happy Art-attacking"

:rolleyes:

joedoe
12-18-2001, 08:48 PM
So there is actually a Gracie whose name does not start with 'R'? Wow! :D

Narmer
12-18-2001, 09:14 PM
I'm fairly new here, but I've read quite afew of his posts, so I'll give it a shot...

Reality: Ralek walks to the shops to buy milk.

RalekWorld: Relak stalks the streets as a great black coated god of pain, and is attacked by Ninjas wearing strange coloured outfits from a bad 80's film. In an astounding display of MA ability, the Ralek god thwarts the evil ninjas, saves the world, and performs the 30 foot jump backwards onto a tree branch (usually done by rewinding the tape).

Maybe I've gone a little far???

NAH :p

joedoe
12-18-2001, 09:24 PM
Ralekworld: Ralek practices some BJJ moves from a CD

Reality: Ralek goes to a public toilet to meet with other h0m0sexual men and roll around on the floor with them

Ralekworld: Ralek 'fights' with ST00 and 'beats' him

Reality: Ralek shat his pants and ST00 refused to 'fight' with him any more.

Budokan
12-18-2001, 10:19 PM
Ralekisms:

Reality: Rolls beats off to a UFC #2 tape.

Ralekism: Rolls beats off twice to a UFC #2 tape and hits the ceiling both times.
Reality: While riding his tricycle Rolls rolls into the ditch and comes out with a bruise on his face. A couple of his fifth grade pals see the incident and laugh uproriously.

Ralekism: While in a desperate flight for his life, Rolls rolls his Harley Hog but does a crouching roll and comes up with a loaded .45 a la Dirty Harry. He empties the clip at the dangerous kung fu gang that was chasing him and then grapples with the dead bodies until they "tap out".
Reality: Rolls is a silly boy who doesn't really practice MA at all.

Ralekism: [Too frightening to relate to the general public unless you have the proper security clearance. E-mail me for details and if my lawyer okays the deal I'll leave the information at a dead drop we used while I was in the CIA.]

DelicateSound
12-19-2001, 11:56 AM
I see I've started something here :D

You may be good, but are you this good!?:

RALEKWORLD: Ralek gets attacked by The Village People, and drops them all, one by one.

REALITY: The only thing he "drops" are his pants, and begs them to go gentle.

RALEKWORLD: Ralek makes witty reply to this thread, beating all of us with his sardonic charm and skill

REALITY: He makes feeble line, pretends to be "above us all", tells us for the THIRD time, that he has a *prepare for laughter* Real Life.

Anyone else got a good 'un? :p

DelicateSound
12-19-2001, 01:35 PM
RALEKWORLD: Ralek joins BJJ for the KILLER moves and takedowns

REALITY: He likes dressing up in loose clothes and rolling around groping fat sweaty men.