PDA

View Full Version : CGI Bruce Lee

GeneChing
12-17-2001, 11:02 AM
We've been hearing rumors about this one a while, now a student forwarded this to me...
http://www.wired.com/news/digiwood/0,1412,48449,00.html

Shaolindynasty
12-17-2001, 06:13 PM
Wow, that'll be kinda weird but definately cool! I wonder how close it'd be to an actual BL flick as far as fight scenes and all that stuff. I've really been waiting for a new BL video game, I haven't seen one since super nintedo's Dragon the bruce lee story game. I'd like to see a game that has an optio to chose a game based on his 5 movies. I just realised how off topic I was but I can't help it, I think I am one of the only people left on these boards that likes BL.

shaolinboxer
12-18-2001, 12:29 PM
If this fools me, I will be utterly amazed. CG works great for non-human characters...but Bruce? BRUCE?

I wonder what process they will use. Will they use a body double?

Gosh, I picture this being worse than Game of Death...(chinese guy in sunglasses appears to look around..cut in scene shot on film 5 years earlier of bruce looking up....cut back to Chinese guy in sunglasses).

Jar-Jar Bruce ?

Hey Gene maybe you could be his stand in ;)

Shaolindynasty
12-18-2001, 12:36 PM
Haven't you seen Gene as the Shaolin monk!?! Now you want him to ruin Bruce for me to? Gene as Bruce:eek: ........What kind of madman are you?

GeneChing
12-19-2001, 11:22 AM
There is actually an old Bruce cgi clip that used to be posted on and acadmic animations site at: www.cs.dartmouth.edu/~brd/Teaching/Animation/Video/bruce-lee.mpg
I went looking for it the other day and couldn't find it. You might give it a try.

Bruce was the little dragon (xiaolong) and I'm the 32nd generation dragon (xinglong) but the analogy stops there.

Abstract
12-20-2001, 08:56 AM
Gene! i posted this awhile back in the main forum & i don't think anyone noticed....

That's gonna be interesting, no? i hope they don't blow it...anytime someone mentions doing something like this i get Game of Death flashbacks...i wish there was a way to just buy the last 20 minutes or so of that movie...;)

GeneChing
12-20-2001, 11:01 AM
John Little had put together a documentary on the making of Game - you can read about it in our old eZine archive:
http://www.kungfumagazine.com/HomePage/eZine/eZine.htm

It was truly fantastic - revealing what Game should have been. It was slated for release a while ago, but I heard an uncofirmed rumor that there was some sort of falling out between Little and the nucleus and that sotpped release. I really hope it comes out someday because those scenes are precious.

Shaolindynasty
12-20-2001, 11:21 AM
Yeah it would have been nice to see what Game of death was supposed to be but the one out now is absoulutly hilarious. Especially the cardboard cut out.

Abstract
12-20-2001, 12:32 PM
yea in concept the movie looked great...but the finished product, well...that carboard cutout speaks for itself...:p

what frustrates me sometimes is that if Bruce hadn't died, he would've had some great films on the horizon. That whole genre was just opening up wide thanks to him. AND he wasn't such a bad actor, he had great charisma & screen presence. Usually it was his supporting cast that sucked. Enter the Dragon, however was really well done, and it showcased his acting abilities abit more(to me.) It's really too bad. People do idolize too much, but he WAS a good martial artist with great abilities, and not too shabby an actor. ;)

Shaolindynasty
12-20-2001, 02:20 PM
Let's say he was alive right now, I don't think he would be as big as he is now being dead. When he died he became a legend and if he was still alive he would have been to real to people. I like his movies, his philosophy, he had great skill but I wouldn't change the fact that he died even if I could. May sound selfish but he wouldn't have had the same impact as he did, people love fantasy not realism. My personal favorite of his was return of the dragon(way of the dragon) I have only seen the english version with the bad dubbing but that was his best movie, I think enter the dragon was the worst(his worst was still pretty good).