PDA

View Full Version : Things that make you say hmmmm...

Turiyan
12-17-2001, 01:35 PM
The turnipseed technique (http://www.turnipseedtechnique.com/examples.html)

Someone said that golden bell doesnt work if you dont have a solid base. Someone reasonably
knowleged care to comment?

Look at the examples and the comments under the image section. You have to admit, they are
impressive if not almost totally unbelievable.

Ironic that we find this not just in martial arts but firearms. "Come to my school, learn my method,
and you can do this too" You wont actually know how or why it works. But dont ask questions, and
just do what your told. Its a secret and no one else can teach you.

He's right about dangerous though. Ask any experienced shooter. A .375 (or was that .378) is more comfortable to shoot than a 12 guage with slugs. There's no way a 2x4 or sack of rocks could hit you harder in such a small area.

Houdini's right though. Its a fine line between showmanship and trickery. If you could dissassociate pain, and had a bit of physical conditioning, and used some of those principles that makes those
examples....

The problem with methodology is that it has all the vital data and how-why removed. I'm told this is just a re-packaging of the methods from Chapman's shooting technique.

What did sun tzu say? Create a form, and force the people to follow it. But conceal the true meaning, so even they can not fathom it. And that the essence of all unconventional techniques is deception and artifice. Well, that was a paraphrase.

But I say: "You cant teach what you dont know"

"Each generation has produced its quota of strongmen, but almost all of them have resorted to some sort of artifice or subterfuge in order to appear superhumanly strong... ...it is a difficult question whether their efforts deserve to be called trickery or good showmanship."

"..The Jiu jitsu of the Japanese is, in part, a development of the same principles, but here again much new material has been added, so that it deserves to be considered a new art..."

"Many of the tricks of the profession (the mechanics of what may be called strongmanship) were laid bare by Dr. Desaguliers over a hundred and fifty years ago and have been generally discarded by athletes....."
--Harry houdini _ The Miracle Mongers, An Expose _

Free text online:
The miracle mongers, an expose: Free text online (http://www.bookrags.com/books/mmong/index.htm)

"It is a phenomenon of stupidity, and it only goes to show how willingly people will be fooled, and with what cheerful asininity they will help on their deceivers."
-- Article on the _ Georgia girl _, New York Times, July 13th, 1884

"It is a question of a simple application of the elementary principles of the laws of Mechanics, chapter of Equilibrium."
--French magazine _ La Nature _

Turiyan -- Flames ignored. Like I need a reason?
In memory of Chuck Schuldiner, R.I.P Dec. 13, 2001: http://www.emptywords.org/

Ralek..
12-17-2001, 01:56 PM
This is off topic but I didn't realize Chuck Schuldiner just passed away until I saw the quote in your sig. Man, that's a bummer - he was battling cancer for a long time.Sad news.

IronFist
12-17-2001, 02:24 PM
What makes me say hmmmm is when no one gives me the URL for awesome chi in 2 weeks, despite being asked numerous times over a few MONTHS.

Wouldn't you agree, SevenStar?

Iron

diego
12-17-2001, 02:25 PM
please,this is the last time im asking,its been two months,ive asked like four times,but people keep jumping on you about some chi-program two weeks??.
could you please help me with any info on lions roar kung fu straight outta tibet.

was chuck a kfo peruser??RIP

diego
12-17-2001, 05:30 PM
more then turiyan ****es you and sevenstar off.dude you postd one minute before me,STOP IT.

turiyan in a lamapai post alllloooong time ago you wrote something about the founder of lions roar only used three fists or something,usually you seem to be trolling but not many people have inside game with lionsroar and the way you wrote led me to believe you were just fronting and you actually have knowledge,im begging short of looking like a sissyboy HAHA....

HA.

SERIOUSLY DUDE,send me a emial if you dont want to post that good info online,im feeling that ebook you linked,i write raps and that whole charlaton phaze has me syched to script imbedding dates mentioned from that book.

okay so if you dont answer this you dont wish to chat

SO PEACE!!!.

IronFist
12-18-2001, 01:50 AM
whoa diego that was crazy, you were only one minute after me.

Iron

PS. I do NOT have awesome chi yet.