PDA

View Full Version : Whats the difference between various Tiger styles

Leonidas
12-17-2001, 02:54 PM
Can someone please tell me or give me a friggin' site that explains the difference between Black Tiger, White Tiger, Tiger Claw regular Tiger etc....... I'm tired of searching on the web for info on Martial Arts, it's little to no info or just plain B*llsh*t. D*MMIT!!!!!! The WEB sux a$$ sometimes, no make that most of the time. Someone please make a search engine that works or just make it illegal to create a B*llSh*t site that just wastes my time. Also make those annoying a$$ popup windows punishable by death for taking 10 seconds of my life away.............

Ego_Extrodinaire
12-18-2001, 06:12 AM
Leons

"Can someone please tell me or give me a friggin' site that explains the difference between Black Tiger, White Tiger, Tiger Claw regular Tiger etc....... "

You said it! it's the color that's different. But i think the White tiger is Siberian and that's not strictly chinese. The Southern Tiger is commonly known as the normal tiger which is the one with yellow and black stripes.

David Jamieson
12-18-2001, 08:14 AM
http://forum.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=7576

Here is a thread from the Shaolin Forum that may help you understand a little.

peace

dre_doggX
12-18-2001, 09:01 AM
Dont forget Hung Gar, and Bak Mei(white eyebrow)

arent those based on Shaolin tiger to.

Bak Mei and White Tiger are more of the more internal ones from what I heard.

But I dont take study or practice any "tiger styles"

Bak Mei and White Tiger seem interesting
(I like internal stuff.)

Leonidas
12-18-2001, 01:35 PM
Thanx Kung Lek. It still doen't explain the difference though. Like how does each style attack besides like a tiger. How are kicks and punches done. How do they defend against attacks. I've read that White Tiger is an internal style with really strong chigung and that Black Tiger is from the North of China with really shifty footwork but thats all really. Maybe i need to finally buy some books. I'm always looking for info on styles but i never really find anything. Maybe i shoulda put a rant warning

David Jamieson
12-18-2001, 02:34 PM
well, leonidas, books will give you a superficial understanding whereas deep understanding will only come from practice.

so, learn a tiger style and if you're not too old, learn another one :D

That's about what you will need to do. But books and vids may help get the basic understanding of the differences in form and application of techniques.

peace