PDA

View Full Version : Guys, be careful of carpal tunnel syndrome...

IronFist
11-08-2001, 09:52 PM
The other day I got freaked out because I had been using my mouse for like 5 hours with my wrist resting on the table, and when I set it on the table to type when my wrist touched there was a huge pain that shot all the way down from my middle finger to my elbow. Somehow the nerve there got fùcked up. I know this isn't carpal tunnel syndrome, but it still freaked me out, and now I've made a pad to put under my wrists when I type.

So I just thought I'd remind everyone here that CTS is not something you want to fùck with. My next door neighbor is a Physical Therapy major and she was telling me how badly it fùcks up your wrists. This would be extra bad for martial artists.

Be careful,

Iron

SevenStar
11-09-2001, 02:31 PM
Agreed. Carpal tunnel is no joke. I have friends that experience almost constant pain in their wrist - on woman at our school had to quit training, as her wrists were screwed so badly.

"Just because I joke around sometimes doesn't mean I'm serious about kung-fu.
" - nightair

L D S
11-09-2001, 02:35 PM
When your name is Iron Fist you must know Iron Hit Wine or Tieh Tah Jow. Use it!!!
Before and after 'playing' with your mouse.

I once suggested this to friend of mine. He got cured.

Ling

Sam Wiley
11-09-2001, 04:59 PM
I have an even better cure.

Learn how to correctly use a mouse and keyboard.

When using the mouse, bend your elbow instead of your wrist to move it.

When typing at a keyboard, do not touch your wrists to anything. Your hands should hover above the keyboard.

(Whatever happened to those old Apple computers where the keyboard was like an old typewriter so that you simply could not rest your hands on the table?)

My advice would be to go to yuor local community college and enroll in a typing course (do people still teach that?). They'll teach you the proper methods.