PDA

View Full Version : OT: It's snowing in Chicago

Water Dragon
12-19-2001, 09:04 AM
I love it. guess I'm just a big kid :D

fa_jing
12-19-2001, 09:41 AM
Yeah, I'm happy to see the snow too. Driving into work was a little delayed. It's not sticking, though. Actually I like to see a couple of feet of snow on the ground. They clean and remove it real well in the city.

SevenStar
12-19-2001, 11:29 AM
wtf is snow? Does that really exist? We don't get that here, and if we do, it's rare that it sticks. Also, the whole city will shut down. People here can't drive on slick streets - including rain covered streets - so they panic at the slightest hint of snow. What we do get here is freezing rain and ice - which also causes the city to shut down. Winters are usually pretty good though - it's still in the 50's during the day and upper 30's to low 40's at night.

We've only had one really serious snow in the past8 years or so, and that was back in '92 or '93, and even then it was only a few inches. It was cool though because I had a friend from florida that had never seen snow. We got out of school early and a bunch of us had a huge snowball fight. Immediately after that we had an ice storm that froze everything solid, making trees and powerlines fall everywhere - A tree just missed my house and crushed my fence, as well as my neighbor's. The ice was beautiful though. My dad I got some really good pics of it all.

Water Dragon
12-19-2001, 12:01 PM
Now it's sunny and all the snow is gone :(

qeySuS
12-19-2001, 12:13 PM
It snowed all november here, we had like 2 feet of snow the entire month, then as soon as december hit it all went away, now it's luring 1-2° over 0 just enough for no snow to come through, even in Iceland a white xMas is rare, this one is most likely going to be a red one.