PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody know...

Starchaser107
12-19-2001, 12:51 PM
About the following training methods and if they do more harm than good.

Frog Hops, Duck Walks, and Rice Punching

I heard it somewhere that frog hops and duck walks are bad for you, I still do them but I was seeking clarity ... Is this a myth or the truth.

I read it somewhere that there are nerve centres all over your body, and in your fingertips, and if iron fist training is done incorrectly it might cause severe damage. Well , this isnt really about Iron Palm training to the full extent that requires dit da jow or other linaments to be used before and after. What I really wanna ask is : Does punching (with a fist, closed hand) into rice have any potential serious dangers ?, Does it require linament?
Does punching sand require a linament?
Also I do bagwork mostly without gloves , because i think gloves are for sissies...(joke) but I think barehanded conditions the hands better ? Any insight?

MightyB
12-19-2001, 12:56 PM
There seems to be some pretty smart guys hanging out there. I posted a somewhat similar question about Plyometrics and I got some real quick and good responses.

Starchaser107
12-19-2001, 12:58 PM
Figured here has a wider crossection of people but maybe youre right.

GLW
12-19-2001, 01:20 PM
Frog and Duck are VERY rough on the knees....not something that is a great thing to do....

Starchaser107
12-19-2001, 01:48 PM
Cause if Im not mistaken in the "Lost Monkey" form theres alot of that stuff, also in other monkey forms...monkey staff etc.
Duck Walks and Frog Hops that is, Maybe Richie Z might know something about this?

I dont monkey around , but others in my school train this. Also these exercizes I have been doing for years now , with no noticable pain in the knees, although others complain , so I was just wondering if anybody could say if definately this causes a problem in the long term, or if its just a thing for people with weak knees to avoid i guess?