PDA

View Full Version : Kung Fu Form?

Starchaser107
12-19-2001, 01:10 PM
In ther beginning of Jet Li's "Tai Chi" it shows a group practicing a particular form. Does anybody know the name of this form , and can tell me where it comes from? I understand that this might be a difficult question seeing as how its an older show, and not everyone might have a copy , or keep such a thing in the forefront of thier memory.
thanks.

GLW
12-19-2001, 01:18 PM
Been a while since I saw that movie....

But, if memory serves, they were doing the Simplified 24 Posture Taijiquan routine.....

Starchaser107
12-19-2001, 01:39 PM
No it wasnt a the 24 form of tai chi , Maybe Im thinking of a different show then. Egads probably it was OUATIC ... need some Ginko. Ieeeeeey

fa_jing
12-19-2001, 02:10 PM
If you are talking about "Tai Chi Master," I saw the movie a couple of years ago. It looked like the CHEN-style form, the original. But I don't study Tai Chi myself.

-FJ

GLW
12-19-2001, 03:11 PM
Actually, there are two things that I recall...

One was a group doing 24.....large group...

The other was a group doing Chen style. I would wager a BIG guess that the Chen routine was the Competition Chen Style routine....

There is a Competition Chen (not bad), Sun (not bad), Wu (so-so - but has enough of the flavor), and Yang (really not worth the time...it is garbage IMO).

GLW
12-28-2001, 12:35 PM
OK...it was on cable last night..in English it is titled "Twin Warriors"

In the beginning scene, Jet Li is in the front and doing Chen Style while there is a large group behind him...doing parts of 24 Posture ...primarily, they show Grasp Sparrow's tail, through Single Whip and then Wave Hands....

At the end of the movie, they show 24 again...it is not the entire form nor is it 100% in order...some of the cuts show repeats....

but it IS 24 Posture. That would be the easiset routine to teach a large group and get them to be together on for filming anyway....