PDA

View Full Version : Different types of chi?

straight blast
12-19-2001, 05:20 PM
Do different MA's produce different types of Chi? For example would the Chi of a Tai Chi master be similar to the Chi of an Aikidoka? Has anyone studied two or more internal MA's to the level where they feel that they can contribute?
I was just thinking of the differences in the way they taught us to cultivate Chi in Kung Fu & Tai Chi.

EARTH DRAGON
12-19-2001, 10:01 PM
This is a good question, for all chi is essentially the same but it does take on different characteristics. For example chi is used to heal or hurt it is the same make- up but flows differently based on how the person emitts it. medical qigong emitts Slow soothing healing chi, while martial qigong could be described as fast sharp, forceful emtitence but again it is the same chi. Chi does fell different to everone, when I shoot chi during my healings or for demonstrations people have differeent reactions and different sensations. that is not to say that the chi IS differernt just that some people are more open to receiving and feeling fluxuations in their body. essentially it is the same. As for different people yes they have differernt characteristics in their chi, and colors, some like my master has white soothing chi, mine is blue and electric others warming and red etc.. its kind of like fingerprints, although we all have the same thing they are a little different in each indivdual. I hope I have tried to expalin myself clearly and this helps you answer your question.

Yung Apprentice
12-20-2001, 03:36 AM
Hold on. So you can actually SEE chi? I thought it was just like energy in your body that can help make things stronger or something to that effect. So, are there any pictures of it or anything(it would be interesting to see)? If it can shoot out when healing can it shoot out to harm? Also (last question promise) how can ppl use chi while defending themselves? I thought there was a great deal of concentration involved? Does this mean once ppl learn about there chi that they can summon it at will?

Repulsive Monkey
12-20-2001, 05:56 AM
To see Qi is not too difficult like anything it can be learnt. However when one see's it to think of it in terms of objects within your visual filed is not entirely correct. The eyes grasp the Qi. One does not stare hard to ascertain if they can se it, they are sensitive enough to grasp it.

nightair
12-20-2001, 11:02 AM
I've heard people say that chi looks like the heat waves that rise of the asphalt on a hot summer day.I belive that there are 34 or so forms of jing or somthing like that.

EARTH DRAGON
12-20-2001, 11:20 AM
As respulsivemonkey said it takes a trained eye, can I see it no but my teacher can, she sees your chi and the color immediatly, and can also tell you were your chi is low. There is a proccess called iialin photography that has special film that picks up aura's and their colors , weather you think that ones aura is one s chi has yet to be proven, actually scientifically chi has yet to be proven , simply becuse they have not invented a machine that tests such energy.

yung app. you said can you hurt with chi , yes emitting chi can be used positively or negitively, depends on the person, but it is a much better skill to heal with your chi then to do harm with it. kind like the good is always stronger than evil. My teacher can swipe her finger and take out your left side and you will feel temporary paralysis this is also used to dull the pain in a particular area as she gives her treatment.

As far a people defending themselves you can use to chi when you strike, when you defend and when you move, so it is used a lot but again higher level people choose to heal with their skill.

their are 3 levles of qigong training, the first is to cultivate your chi this takes lots of concentration and time even years, the second is once is has been cultivated you learn how to move it within the body i.e lead chi to the hand to strike, once you are able to move it at will the 3rd level is to project your cultivated chi outward from the body. This is a high level and usally only achived for healing purposes. This does take quite a bit of time to understand and even longer to use and can not be obtained without proper tutelage from a qigong master. you can learn from teachers but you will only advance so far. I hope this answers your questions, your freind E.D

Ginger Fist
12-20-2001, 11:27 AM
--here's turiyan gold doing his chi kung stuff:

http://coke.rotten.com/gran-canarias/