PDA

View Full Version : Slapping yourself...

Apprentice
12-19-2001, 06:33 PM
keep the jokes aside guys, this is a serious question...

Ya know how those "beast" of guys slap themselves, like their chest, arms, neck, face...well, i started doin that when i wrestle my friend, it feels like i got tougher, it doesn't really hurt much at all now(full force)...but before i continued this, i wanted to know, can this damage nerves in your chest n arms, so they lose sensetivity in a bad way? such as, lower the Chi Flow? Dont wanna do no damage to that cuz i'll be taking hung-gar soon hopefully....thoughts?

Xebsball
12-19-2001, 06:36 PM
I think its cool as long as your dont punch yourself on the throat or on the balls.

Martial Joe
12-19-2001, 06:47 PM
You are an animal man!

mantis7
12-19-2001, 06:48 PM
HEY imagine how tuff you look taking a full on shot in the balls LMAO or how scared your opponent will be to see you take on and not flinch LMAO

don bohrer
12-19-2001, 10:20 PM
We have a slapping set called the 3 stooges ;)

Shaolindynasty
12-19-2001, 10:22 PM
:confused: WTF is up with this forum?:confused:

EARTH DRAGON
12-19-2001, 10:44 PM
You cracked me up..... I was thinking as I read this thread what has this forum come too
and then I read your post and I am still laughing my A** OFF!!!!!!!!! thank you for that !!LOL(*^*^#%$@

Crimson Phoenix
12-20-2001, 03:11 AM
Seeing someone slaps himself is one of the great teachings of life: when you realize how identical this behaviour is to Gorilla's fighting for a female or for territorial issues, it sheds a new and great light on what humans really are...and it opens many doors for evolution in the process...

Ryu
12-20-2001, 03:16 AM
OOGA BOOGA!
*thumping chest*

scotty1
12-20-2001, 03:23 AM
You might want to look into conditioning a bit more than that.:)

lightfoot
12-20-2001, 03:57 AM
<< insert joke concerning gorilla and monkey style here >>

Yung Apprentice
12-20-2001, 04:10 AM
::throw fecies at ppl who taunt....now::

xiong
12-20-2001, 08:19 AM
I'm not altogether sure why everyone is giving you so much crap, but I'll give an opinion.

Slapping yourself to condition your body is not that unusual. If you do Iron Body training you are just doing it with a beating bag filled with Mung Beans or the like.

It just falls into the category of proper training techniques, there is a right way and a wrong way to do everything.

It is also probably somewhat amusing to an opponent if you sit there slapping yourself before a match.

On a serious note about the throat and testicles. There are Qigong exercises for these that I would definately not do without an instructor. Actually I wouldn't even do them with an instructor.

Hope this helped.

Nichiren
12-20-2001, 08:31 AM
I got kicked in the balls once. One of my nuts didn't come down for two days! It sort of disapered... :eek:

Talk about Iron "skirt"... :D

David Jamieson
12-20-2001, 08:31 AM
Check out Silat.

There are a few sites that deal with the various Silat styles and speak directly to this idea.

peace

red5angel
12-20-2001, 08:43 AM
I was reading some concepts on Kung, when I came across a list of kung techniques. no Joke, Iron Crotch was on the list! I just got some picture of a guy, balancing on a log and then suddenly doing the splits! :(

Radhnoti
12-20-2001, 10:30 AM
Maybe it's a way to "trick" your body into an adrenaline rush that primes you for fighting? Helping you to skip the slow start some fighters have a problem with?
Just a guess. Might simply be psychological too though.