PDA

View Full Version : Jail Time!!

Skarbromantis
12-20-2001, 10:38 AM
Who has done any? and how did your training help you deal with the situation?

nightair
12-20-2001, 10:53 AM
I havent done jail time but...i've been in relationships that were probably worse than jail. LOL :D

Stacey
12-20-2001, 11:03 AM
did those relationships take place in jail?

Water Dragon
12-20-2001, 11:11 AM
Jail sux. About the only training that's gona help you is meditation to deal with the boredom. Jail is not what you probably think. It's dirty, noisy, and a day feels like a month. Never been to prison though, just a weekend stunt in the joint. That was enough for me.

Skarbromantis
12-20-2001, 11:42 AM
I have spent meny a night looking through bars, so i know first hand, what im asking is, has any one had to use their training? and how did you contune your training while being locked up?

Thanks

Skard1

GunnedDownAtrocity
12-20-2001, 01:45 PM
what are you goin in for?

Yung Apprentice
12-20-2001, 06:31 PM
I've did a couple weeks. But I don't train so. Did you get locked up in the states or Canada? SOME of those Canadien places look easy compared to the ones out here.

TigerJaw
12-21-2001, 04:35 AM
Originally posted by Yung Apprentice
I've did a couple weeks. But I don't train so. Did you get locked up in the states or Canada? SOME of those Canadien places look easy compared to the ones out here.

The US Justice system is considered to be the most severe in the civilised world.

There are at least two human rights conventions that the senate can't ratify because it would require more interefernce in the state prison systems than the federal government could get away with.

Sorry to make you feel worse.

Skarbromantis
12-21-2001, 08:44 AM
My boy just got 12 month's just wondering how he could continue his training that's all...

Yung Apprentice- "SOME of those Canadien places look easy compared to the ones out here."

Don't speek till you've been here..in Toronto we have one of the oldest jail's in Canada..The DON Jail...3 men to a cell, one on the floor, 2 on bed's, rat's, dirty.. the city has tried to close it 3 time's because of health issue's....dont belive every thing you see on Dateline :D

Stranger
12-21-2001, 09:00 AM
While over populated cells, rats, and dirt are bad, they aren't what scares me about American prisons. Race-based Gang violence and rape are the big threats.

I don't know how Canada's prisons compare to American ones in those departments.

I don't think I would practice MA anytime. A lone martial artist in jail isn't tough, prison gangs armed with shanks are tough. If you are a target of violence for whatever reason, your only hope is having an equal number of mates armed with shanks. This is the Catch-22 of prison life, even if you are not a gang member or racist going in, many learn it very fast on the inside. If you start doing kung fu in front of hardened cons they will not be impressed and you will be drawing unwanted attention towards yourself. Play the gray man, blend in, get a job in a well-monitored location. If you want to workout, do push-ups, lift weights etc. It will blend better with the surroundings. If you come off like a lone kung fu badarse, somebody will be more than happy to try you out. Meditating and forms are "weird" in prison. If the prisoners think you are "weird", it won't be long until that thought transitions into "queer", and you know where that is going. The guys on the inside will most likely not think your study of CMA as "manly" or intimidating.

Tell your bro to definitely not wear his pants low (if he is into that style), it is the calling card of the new "b!tch" in the cellblock.

fa_jing
12-21-2001, 10:15 AM
I really hate paying taxes. They support this ****ing awful system we have. This from someone who has been charged with a crime he didn't commit, plus a close relative got 8 years probation for a crime he didn't commit. Plus I'm paying to support a system that kept my loved ones out of the country for some time.
****!!!

Skarbromantis
12-21-2001, 12:58 PM
Stranger:We have gang problem's also alot of rape in the pen, but not meny in correction's, i agree with what you say about the training in front of other inmate's.. not a good idea... what i used to do was train in the cell during lockdown (that's if you cell mate dont have a prob) garbage bag's filled with water as weight's or work the heavy bag in the yard, i was telling my boy he doesn't have much choice's ...work your stance at night run the tack in yard and hit the bag in gym that's pretty much it.

Skard 1

Xebsball
12-21-2001, 01:05 PM
The jails here are a joke, a national level drug dealer can still control his activities with cell phones while inside jail :eek:

Here if you get in jail for a small crime you come out of it "graduated" in backstabbing, killing, drug dealling, everything. Jail is like "Crime University".

fa_jing
12-21-2001, 01:22 PM
Xesball - yeah, in Colombia, if you have money, they let you out of jail 1 day a week. Plus they allow conjugal visits. Good in that it prevents the buggering that goes on in our jails. Now, if you don't have money, chances are your are starving in a jail that's 500% overcrowded. At least no one has any respect for the police over there, they are only there to persecute (shake down) the citizenry, and rarely prevent crime. But anyway, it's no surprise that Colombian drug lords would rather die than be extradited to the US.

P.S. - what happened to that mexican lady that got knocked up in a Brazilian jail? Did they decide to extradite?

-FJ

Yajirobe
12-21-2001, 01:50 PM
i never went to prison and happy that i didn't. I keep to myself and don't get in trouble your son should've done the same.

Skarbromantis
12-21-2001, 04:22 PM
My son?

My "boy" is my friend not my son.

Skard 1

DelicateSound
12-21-2001, 05:12 PM
Obv. Toronto dialect, I figured it was your kid too......

Yung Apprentice
12-21-2001, 05:22 PM
I should have said that SOME jails in canada are pretty weak, but not all of them. I'm pretty sure they got some hardcore ones. But the reason for me saying this is when I was watching a documentary on prisons, they were showing these medium security prisons in Canada, and some inmates there had t.v.s in there cells,computers,c.d. players, there kids could come and spend the night there on day a week. The minimum security looked like nice ass apartments. The fence that "kept" them from the outside, was only three feet high, and ungaurded, they had cable inside, nice comfortable beds, **** like that. My boy did some time there, he said it was the easiest time he ever did. He told me how his cousin up there was homeless so he did some armed robbery just so he could live "comfortably". But like I said I'm pretty sure there are some hardcore prisons in Canada

Mutant
12-21-2001, 05:35 PM
i've been locked up in jail 3 different times; 2 of the times were for fighting, the 3rd was for public drunkeness and mouthing off to a police officer.
longest lockup was 36 hours....longest 36 hours of my life, very boring.
definately, avoid jail at all costs, it is horrible.