PDA

View Full Version : John Walker/Taliban Fluff Boy

Black Jack
12-20-2001, 07:16 PM
Is it just me or my perception of the media that they seem to be going soft on this low life momma humping, bed wetting, puke, John Walker and the fact that he is a traitor and terrorist.

All I see on TV are discussions on what rights does this skinny ***** have because he is an American citizen, how we might not be able to convict with the death penalty or maybe any penalty, the possibility of brainwashing, how he is a rebel with a cause, a product of misspent youth and so on and so on.

Maybe its my anger management problems, but I think it would be proper to torture him for all the information we can get, then smother his testicles with countery crock butter and let a starving family of howler monkeys with plinking shears work for their dinner, after that they should strap his still alive body to another Daisy Cutter and drop him back onto that dirty ****hole that he wanted to call home.

Man I need to see somebody. ;)

logic
12-20-2001, 07:42 PM
His parents are demanding that their son have a lawyer RIGHT NOW.

Yeah lets be liberal to all of them,and give them all legal rights.
The people who say that will soon change their minds once we get hit with a Nuke, a dirty bomb,gas prices go insane,prices everywhere skyrocket,bridges get bombed,and nuke power plants get hit spreading radiation hundreds of miles.Mass panic.

Yeah,lets be liberal and give them a shower,food,drink,clothes, a bed,
You know the same way they would treat us.

Silumkid
12-20-2001, 08:16 PM
His parents can demand he has a lawyer all he wants. He has been detained in an armed conflict, thus all that is required as that he be treated in accordance with the Geneva Convention, not Miranda. Geneva Conv. DOES NOT require a lawyer's presence during interrogations.

I hope this goes one of 2 ways.

#1) I believe passports have an item within them that states that if you leave the country in order to serve in another country's armed forces, you lose your citizenship in the issuing country. This means Taliboy can be tried as a terrorist.

#2) He requests, and gets to keep his citizenship, which then means he can be tried under treason or sedition.

Take your pick, Mr. Walker. In the extremely unlikely event that he is released without incident, I know a few Marines that would be more than happy to teach him all about America.

joedoe
12-20-2001, 08:27 PM
I must say I am extremely embarrassed by the fact the 1 confirmed and 2 other possible Aussies have been caught fighting for the Taliban. :(

Budokan
12-21-2001, 12:25 AM
Wow, so you're willing to be that lenient with him, hm?:D

Don't you just know when the Americans found that traitorous piece of ragheaded filth it was all they could do to keep their fingers off the f*cking trigger.... Those soldiers we have over there are some stone-cold strong-willed f*ckers not to outright shoot that slimy camel t*rd and just call it a day.

jimmy23
12-21-2001, 01:20 AM
He never took up arms against US troops. Northern Alliance troops are not US forces.

There has not been a formal declaration of war, and my understanding is that Walker was Taliban, not Al-Qaeda. If this is true, thn forget about a conviction for terrorism or conspiracy charges.

I have heard two opinions on the issue of losing citizenship. One is that one must take up arms against the United States to lose citizenship, the other is that if one bears arms for a foreign government he can lose it. For the first case, again, Walker may have fought Nrthern Alliance troops(may have), he didnt fight US troops, big difference, legally.

For the second case, a defense lawyer could very well make the arguement that since the US government never recognized the Taliban as the official government of Afganistan, then he cant be convicted under US lw of bearing arms for a foreign government. The worst he can be accused of then would be being a mercenary, which is not a crime.

The very worst that will happen to Walker will be loss of citizenship. He will walk.

Brett Again
12-21-2001, 06:51 AM
The problem with this whole situation is that this is such an absolutely bizzare and unique situation. A law has not been written that covers it. What this guy did does not fit the legal definition of terrorism, treason, espionage, murder or jaywalking.

This a$$hole was not fighting in a "war." We have not delcared war against anyone.

He was not fighting against US troops. He claims he only fought for the Taliban against Northern Alliance, and we have no real evidence to the contrary.

He claims he had no knowledge of Al Qaida or Sept. 11th, and we have no proof to the contrary.

He travelled, legally to Afghanistan. He took up arms with one faction in that country against another faction in that country. (Not illegal.)

We have no proof that he so much as scratched anyone.

Personally, I say we convict him of vagrancy, sentence him to 30 days in general population in Rykers. That should be legal AND a death sentence.

I'm willing to bet he gets off scott free after the Hollywood intelligencia like Mike Farrel and Rosie O'Donald decide that he is an innocent victim being railroaded by the government. Then he'll write a book "American Jihad" or some such crap, and make a million for the movie rights were he is portrayed as a couragsous and righteous elite warrior. (He'll probably be played by Van Damme. They can use the leftover set dressing from the Foreign Legion portions of "Lionheart.")

Stranger
12-21-2001, 07:22 AM
OK, this is starting to make me mad. If this guy gets off, somebody has to (and will) hunt his arse down and make him pay. There are many ways to skin this cat.

If we can't put him on trial because he never took up arms against US troops, can't we just extradite him to Afghanistan where he did take up arms against its citizenry. I'm sure the Northern Alliance will have no domestic legal hurdles to clear if they execute him.

If I was in charge and thought bringing him to the US would result in no criminal charges, he would be on a one-way trip back to Afghanistan to receive his just due.

OR

I'd stage a faux-POW escape attempt and shoot Walker dead. Who on that US Navy ship would step forward and claim otherwise? If a sailor does, shoot him too.

OR

Poison Walker's food on the way home. "Whoops Mr. and Mrs. Walker, apparently your rat bastid son was sicker and weaker than we thought. He died in his sleep last night".

THEN DENY EVERYTHING!

No muss, no fuss.

rogue
12-21-2001, 07:32 AM
I think we should go easy on John Walker, it's his stupid, moronic liberal trash parents that should be on trial.

BeiKongHui
12-21-2001, 07:50 AM
Some of you more blood thirsty types need to head on over and join John Boy. All this talk of torture, execution, etc. smacks of the Taliban itself. Where is the proof that this kid is a traitor? We are not at war with the Taliban after all. How is he a terrorist? Can you actually prove anything other than the kid was a fool? Instead of blind vengence it would be more appropriate to make him stay in Afghanistan and provide free labor to rebuild the place. He wants to provide help to his Muslim brothers well that would be his chance.

Stranger
12-21-2001, 07:50 AM
Assassinate the parents too!

Do I have to think of everything? :p

Stranger
12-21-2001, 08:12 AM
By Walker's own admission he was a trained terrorist.

The myth of him being a wide-eyed Muslim youth on a spiritual piulgrimmage to help his brethren has already been debunked by his own big mouth.

He wasn't handing out food, mending clothing, and building shelter. He was running obstacle courses, learning how to field strip an AKM, and most ominously how to move through airport security undetected.

That sounds like a combatant/terrorist to me. It does not matter if he is Taliban or al-Qaeda, as are mission is against terrorists and those who would support them (ie. the Taliban). Even if you argue that he was not a terrorist against the US, he was part of a regime that terrorized the people of Afghanistan.

How did Walker become the only "good guy" idealist on the Taliban side?
He didn't. He was the same as those who excute people in the soccer stadium. He was the same as the people who stole emergency food aid going to Afghans. He was the same as the people who brutalized women for over a decade.

Now he's caught, and that all changes. BS!

If he had captured a soldier a month ago and had been ordered to kill them, he would have done it.

Walker has not been out of the US so long that he has never heard of Bin Laden being linked to terrorist activities against the US. As soon as he saw bin Laden (and he admitted he did), he should have realized he was in the company of enemies of the US.

I don't buy this whole "Muslim hippy with a heart of gold" spin put on by the liberal squeemish media.

David Jamieson
12-21-2001, 08:19 AM
Two wrongs still don't make a Right.

There are plenty of Taliban sympathizers in the States (obviously), in fact there's plenty in my country too and around the world.

Still, they have fought the battle and lost, so to the victor goes the spoils and to the defeated, well, they have to face the decisions of the victor really don't they.

This one guy is a kid who was "discovered" in the battles going on in afghanistan. I'm willing to bet there are plenty more from many countries over there doing the same thing. Probably even quite a few americans, canadians and british.

So, he made his bed and now he has to sleep in it according to the rules of war. As well, any others in the conflict are making decisions now that will effect all parties involved for the next generation at least.

From a personal standpoint, I think that a civilization can be measured in greatness by it's ability to care for it's young, it's old and sick and it's treatment of it's enemies.

To take the revenge stance will keep humanity in the dark ages of development until we get the emotions aside and start dealing with things realistically and pragmatically from a logical standpoint.

Or, as the Buddha said "How would you like it if someone did that to you?"

Or as Jesus said "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you".

peace

Budokan
12-21-2001, 08:24 AM
Sometimes the simplest decisions are the best for everyone involved.

Whack him.

Brett Again
12-21-2001, 08:28 AM
Here here, Kung Lek.

Would I be the first to stand up and cheer if this guy were brought back, tried, found guilty, stood against a wall and shot? Well, maybe not the first, but I'd be a close second.

I would just as soon cheer if he were legally found to have given up his US citizenship and be left to the justice system set up by the new Afgan gov't.

However, as soon as we decide that it doesn't matter what our laws say, that it doesn't matter what evidence we have or don't have, that this guy needs to be executed because we "just know" he deserves it... well then, we've become that which we claim to despise, haven't we?

David Jamieson
12-21-2001, 08:34 AM
Exactly my point.

The lynch mob mentality that exists is more concern than the fact that there are idealistically messed up people out there.

What's the difference between the lynch mob justice that is being sought by some and the terrorists acts being commited by others?

They are both coming from a primitive mindset that I would hope could have been changed in this day and age.

Though experience tells me that there is no accounting for the stupidity in the actions of those who follow the self-interpreted propoganda of someone elses politically ideologies.

Think globally act locally. Change your own mind because you can't change someone elses.

peace

Stranger
12-21-2001, 08:43 AM
I agree that a society should treat its children and elderly well, but I disagree on the need to go out of your way for an enemy's care (which is what a lifetime prison sentence would be).

Let's see, about $75,000 dollars a year for supermax lockdown (he could never go in "general population") for 50 years of life he has remaining= more than anybody should be expected to pay for somebody that hates you and yours. As a US taxpayer, I don't like the idea of spending a penny on him. Call me cheap, call me callous, but I don't think I would have receieved good treatment at his hands if I had been captured by the Taliban or al-Qaeda.

Which brings us to "do unto others" and "two wrongs don't make a right" "how would you like it if somebody did that to you":.

Maybe Walker thinks US support of Israel is wrong, maybe he thinks US troop presence in Saudi Arabia is wrong, but if two wrongs don't make a right than the whole 9/11 debacle was the second wrong trying to make things right. We could probably keep backing things up and throw the "ultimate blame" around, but in the end Walker is alive which is more than any POW of the Taliban could claim for long. If he was executed or assassinated tomorrow, we have already given more consideration to him as human than his brethren did for their POW's. The Taliban and al-Qaeda have done enough negative unto others, and now it is being done unto them.

scotty1
12-21-2001, 08:59 AM
Has the US (or Britain) taken any Taliban POWs?

Stranger
12-21-2001, 09:03 AM
Many Taliban have been taken as POW.

scotty1
12-21-2001, 09:11 AM
What will happen to them? Will they be tried by a military court, and what sort of sentence will they get, and where?

Stranger
12-21-2001, 09:21 AM
I don't know what will become of them. I would GUESS that the Taliban will have to face the judgement of the new coalition government of Afghanistan. Maybe the UN will become involved if the charge of "crimes against humanity" (in reference to the Taliban treatment of women and non-Taliban) becomes an issue. I honestly don't know.

Some al-Qaeda members will no doubt be extradited to the US to stand trial.

bamboo_ leaf
12-21-2001, 09:29 AM
No, you just have to be white, have a rich family and good lawyer and you can do what you want.

Now if he was a person of color poor family and shot someone at the age of 16, then he would be considered a man and in full control of his actions.

Kinda strange isn’t it.

I think we should give him what he wants, he expected to be a martyr, I for one always like to see people get what they want, in this case he also happens to really need it.

poor little jonney, he's just a mixed up 20 yr old kid.

i guess all the 18-19 yr old soldiers in the US forces are just mixed up kids too.

hopefully should one of them happen to get captured, the enemy will take that into consideration.

Stranger
12-21-2001, 09:31 AM
Brett Again,

We don't "just know", he confessed on tape during his interrogation. Unfortunately since he was interrogated on the battlefield as a combatant, he was not read his Miranda rights. Prosecution in a US civilian court with the evidence gained from that interrogation will be unlikely. Now that Walker has a lawyer, he will not likely confess to as much ever again. Thus a trial in a civil or criminal court will likely not get him as severely punished as trial before a military court (where the confession on the battlefield is admissible). I doubt they have anything like Miranda rights in Afghanistan, so putting him on trial there would likely leave the confession as admissible also.

Brett Again
12-21-2001, 09:58 AM
", he confessed on tape during his interrogation Stranger,

Are you so certain about this? I've watched (I think) all of it that's been available to us. To my recollection, Walker did not "confess" to anything that is against the laws of the US.

He claims he did not have any knowledge of any terrorist actions.
He claims he had no part other than observer in the Taliban prison uprising.
He claims he as no knowledge of Al Qaida connections with the Taliban.
He claims he as never knowingly fired at a US soldier.
He claims no knowledge of any connection between OBL and terrorist actions.

Do we believe him... no, we don't. But do we have any proof to back up this disbelief? At this point, none that I'm aware of.

I'd rather watch this scumbag go free than watch the Constitution be bypassed.

Ky-Fi
12-21-2001, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by Stranger
I'd stage a faux-POW escape attempt and shoot Walker dead. Who on that US Navy ship would step forward and claim otherwise? If a sailor does, shoot him too.

....ummmm....executing US military personnel who duly report events truthfully, as they are duty-bound to do?

Stranger, in this holiday season, please restore some semblance of my faith in humanity, and tell me that line was an attempt at humor.........

Colin
12-21-2001, 10:51 AM
Didn't Pres. Bush said the terrorists and all those who support them are equally guilty of the crimes.
Therefore the taliban supported bin-laden, this (and I use a nice British term) wanker John Walker was fighting for the taliban, so if Bush is to be believed Walker should be treated as a terrorist and disposed of accordingly.

A similar problem has arisen here in the UK, as there are loads of Muslims here, (over 2% population) and because they all live in our lovely free country, they thing they have the right to support & finance these islamic terrorists. But they are Terrorists, and by their very nature they are traitors to our nation.

Treason is still legally punishable by the death penalty in the UK.
And if the courts of this country, with their liberal goody-two-shoes love thine enemy, PC garbage won't carry out the punishment, there are plenty of people here who would!

:D :D Glad to see that the Argentinian economy is falling apart!
Serves the Fukkers right for trying to steal the Falkland Islands from Great Britain.:D :D

Colin...........

Stranger
12-21-2001, 11:16 AM
Brett Again,

I heard about the confession statement on TV (not directly from Walker's mouth) Apparently he received, training which included the whole evading airport security tactics and military training. The statement we see now on TV is the one after the prison uprising and was NOT the first time he answered questions on his involvement in the whole fiasco. By the time the prison uprising had taken place, he was already in damage control mode, "Oh I was in the basement. It was a bunch of bad people that led the uprising." Yeah, the same bad people you called family before your capture.

If he is simply a moron then he doesn't deserve as harsh a punishment as if he was a willing combatant. I am inclined to believe at this time that he was/is a trained terrorist.

KY-Fi,

Was I joking? No, but perhaps I was highlighting a worst case scenario of what I consider necessary.

I, PERSONALLY, don't believe in the merit of the Geneva Convention, never have, never will. If I slotted Walker and somebody saw fit to report the crime, then they would be no comrade of mine. If I thought that my life (as in my freedom from prosecution- see jail thread) was threatened by that individual's choice to adhere to the Geneva Convention, than I would have to address that threat.

Would it have to result in the death of the individual that decided to report the "illegal killing"?
Not necessarily.

This is the kind of hardball we played during the Cold War when necessary, and I think we need to play that way again (thus the lifting the ban on assassinations). The Geneva Convention has never been more than a code you adhere to consistantly in the press and in speeches, but only truly survives on the battlefield when it suits your overall objective. The Convention takes such a beating in actuality that it is a mockery of itself and serves only to distort public opinion when, heaven forbid, we fall short of that standard.

Fu-Pow
12-21-2001, 02:06 PM
You people calling for execution are morons. Execution just creates martyrs for "the cause." What we need to do is to torture him, subject him to electroshock therapy and any other means of compliance. We need to break down the very essence of his personality and change his thoughts. Thoughts are the key. Even thinking out of the mainstream should be illegal.

We are in a time of war. The government needs more power to see what's going on with in its own borders. The executive branch needs broader powers to wiretap and detain people. If you liberals and intellectuals want to cry about it, go move somewhere else. The executive branch definitely need move to the forefront. The legislative and judicial branches move to slowly. We need action now, we are at war!!! The enemy is not overseas, it's among us. You can't see it, you can't hear it. But don't you worry, Big brother's gonna take care of you.

Those of you who have read 1984 know exactly what I'm talking about.

Stranger
12-21-2001, 02:12 PM
I'm a moron?

That's rich. :rolleyes:

Ryu
12-21-2001, 02:30 PM
I'm not getting involved with this one. This whole thing is sad.
The trouble with war is that you usually can't win one without becoming slave to your emotions...
Even if victory is certain, unnecessary violence comes into play.
No matter what side you're talking about.

It's sad.
It's disgusting the Taliban killed innocent people in those planes and towers.
It's disgusting that for the life of people, they can't seem to get along.
It's disgusting that the whole **** war and killing had to start in the first place.
It's disgusting that this "american taliban" joined their ranks and caused all these issues.
It's disgusting that we are blood thirsty, and talk about torture and killing like it's no big deal.

The whole thing is disgusting.
I'm kind of upset at human nature right now. (though we're doing the best we can I guess...)

Excuse me.
Ryu

Black Jack
12-21-2001, 02:44 PM
I don't care about creating martyrs for those camel blowers.

Just open your eyes and really look at the Sept 11 attack on America.

Who gives a **** now as to what goals they may have in the future as they tried their very worst before any such martyrs were being created.

These are sub-human pieces of **** who were getting way to much credit on the ****ing tv. Where are these big tough Taliban fighters that we kept hearing about before the American military moved in and kicked the rags off their ****ing heads!!!!

I will tell you where, pulling trains on each other in the Tora-Bora mountains, freaking out that the infidel has come to blow their ****ing brains out.

I remeber listening, watching and reading about the horde of anti-capitalists, pacifists, race baiters, leftists, liberals and muslem anti-war protestors who crawled out of their college dormrooms and temples to bash on how the U.S. attack on Afghanistan is bad and it will only upset them further.

All of them John Walker clones.

I hope all of them get injected with the Ebola virus.

Oh and for any of you who do not believe that these people deserve the death penalty for their actions then I hope you get in the same line.

Ryu
12-21-2001, 02:54 PM
That's a little harsh, Black Jack. This is why I don't like these threads...everyone gets so **** mad at each other.
I know a girl who doesn't believe in the death penalty because it's an escape for some. She'd rather put them in a black room with no windows, and leave them there literally forever! (worse than death if you ask me)

I don't think anyone has said that the US is wrong for fighting back. Of course we have to fight back. I support that 100%
Righteous anger can turn to blind anger very deceptively. :(
That's why anger itself is such a hurtful emotion if you can't control it.

Violence, however necessary, is always still "tragic"

Unfortunately, sometimes there's no other way. :( Right now we have to do what we have to do...but I HATE when people talk about killing and torture like it means nothing.
I don't even care if these people are "subhuman"

I would see torturing subhumans as still "tragic".
That's what makes me human.

That doesn't mean I think what they did to us was acceptable, and it doesn't mean I think fighting back is wrong. What is wrong is not understanding the tragedy of it all.
It'll just keep happening if people don't see that... and "people" means the idiots in the Taliban as well...

Ryu

David Jamieson
12-21-2001, 03:00 PM
Is that your final answer Black jack :D

That's a pretty stone age view of the world ya got there.

Honestly, is this what a good "christian nation under god" teaches it's citizens?

I don't agree with the bleeding heart liberal either, but, I don't agree with American foreign policy either and I don't agree with what the Taliban has been doing or has done.

It's all bad, the US has done their thing and it is dragging on and on and on. It really is looking like an excuse to keep the military industrial complex going moreso than a war on terrorism.

By the way, as far as Bush's comment regarding those who help the Taliban are the same as the terrorists? Well, isn't he shooting himself in the foot on that one seeing as he has direct dealings with the binLaden family in various business ventures? And didn't he back the Taliban, or at least between his Dad and him they have.

It all smells bad. The Taliban is collapsed in Afghanistan but the west insists on perpetuating the war there.
Even my own country is there and I don't agree with that either.

This network can be destroyed with the regular countermeasures and a better intelligence system than currently exists seeing as the CIA, the FBI, the RCMP and CSIS and all the rest of them apparently were navel gazing for the 2 hours that happened on September 11th. Not to mention the FAA and the Border guards who would rather watch tv in their kiosks as opposed to carrying out the due process. Or the immigration controls that are lacking in canada and the US.

Point is, it's a great big mess and making a scapegoat out of a kid who doesn't know better is typical obfuscation of the real problem, that being our own limited world views and our inability to do anything unbtil something happens in our own backyards.

so we are stuck in a constant state of reaction to these events instead of being proactive.

this speaks to the low quality and foresightedness of our duely "elected" power elite. Idiots that they are for the most part.

anyway, that's my rant, well that and "see the bigger picture" all you lynch mob fanatics. This kid has nothing to do with any of it really. he has as much to do with supporting terrorism as you do when you fill your tank with Gasoline.

peace and happy holidays

Black Jack
12-21-2001, 03:05 PM
Forget harsh, for me that was kind, take a look at this and tell me if I am a bit overstrung because I want these people dead.

http://cryptome.org/alq-terr-man.htm

It is the downloaded Al Queda terrorist training manuel they found.

In the name of good ***** I wish they would all die very, very slowly.

DelicateSound
12-21-2001, 03:19 PM
I'm a true Brit, and so a bit more conservative in my views, but isn't it bad enough that British and US forces are over there, in that sh*thole of a country, putting their lives on the line, without having a US citizen potentially shooting at them. I agree with Ryu, the whole thing is bad, REAL BAD, but if we're going to do this, we should do it properly - justice is one of the four chief virtues......

So: give the fukker a fair trial, and come to the right verdict, he is guilty of taking arms on the side of a hostile country/against the Allied forces. That's treason in my book, and he should be executed. And whoever brought up the fact that he is a middle-class white boy and will get of scot free is too fukking right. The law is corrupt and that mofo will walk, when he should swing.

Black Jack
12-21-2001, 03:23 PM
Kung Lek

As you can tell I get so much more merry as the holidays draw near.

I know the kid is not a ring leader but so what?

All of the things you listed have some merit, but whatever merit they have, it is not enough to justify what they did.

I am tired of seeing people wear the colors of the bad guys on their sleaves.

Silumkid
12-21-2001, 03:37 PM
NO, President Bush has done no such thing as "shooting himself in the foot". Let's remember one thing very clearly...BinHitler and these fourth-world whackos came to us begging for help against Russia claiming they would "free Afghanistan". Then once they didn't need us anymore, they shot us in the back because we are capitalist dogs. Losers always hate winners.

We were lied to and used. Who here has never had that happen to them? Who here has never met a person or an organization that was dishonest? If you try to tell me you haven't, you are either very fortunate, or a liar.

Brett Again
12-21-2001, 05:23 PM
It really is looking like an excuse to keep the military industrial complex going moreso than a war on terrorism.
I disagree. I see it this way... we are a nation slow to anger. (Well... ok, maybe we get angry quickly, but it takes us a real long time to get angry enough to stop our petty bickering and in-fighting and cooperate long enough to do anything.) What was done to us was so horrendous that we have only one option... kill the fly with a sledgehammer. Retaliate so immensely(sp?) and completely that no country in its right mind would think of supporting such an incident or group again. If we'd just gone in and blown up a camp or two, maybe killed a dozen or so terrorists, do you think that Pakistan or one of the New-and-improved-Stans would be hestitant to take advantage of the very deep pockets of Al Qaida? I doubt it. But after what they've just seen happen to Afghanistan, no one will support them.

I, PERSONALLY, don't believe in the merit of the Geneva Convention
Oh, well, that's life. It's the law our country subscribes to. So what if you don't believe in it? Do you really want to live in a country where you only have to follow the laws you personally agree with?

The law is corrupt and that mofo will walk, when he should swing.
Maybe so... that's a debate for another thread. I still say that this point does not apply, as the law that applies this strange, bizzarre and unique set of circumstances does not exisit. This is a new one, and new law, at least new case law, will be created from it.

"Everything Black Jack Said."
Ummm.... OK. No arguing with a sound knowledge of the fine points of international law. I especially liked the refined analysis of the Taliban as "camel blowers... pulling trains on each other in Tora Bora." Have you considered running for office?

BinHitler and these fourth-world whackos came to us begging for help against Russia claiming they would "free Afghanistan". Then once they didn't need us anymore, they shot us in the back because we are capitalist dogs.

I hate revisionist history. When we screw up, I say we should put it in the books for everyone to read. Shot us in the back? Sorry pal... not the way it was. The only reason we were backing the Afghanis was to prevent the Soviets from establishing a military presence so close to our oil supplies. As soon as that was no longer a threat, we bailed. We left that country in a shambles with no government, military, or police to speak of. Someone had to take power, and it ended up being the Taliban. And bin Laden didn't become an ardent, open anti-US whacko until the Gulf War.

Stranger
12-21-2001, 05:47 PM
The Geneva Convention is the law of the land because we allowed are PC arses to write a check we aren't good for. I absolutely, positively defy you to name any war fought by any combatants from any country that manged to live up to the code.
The US surely didn't in WWII, Korea, Vietnam, the Cold War in general, etc., nor have our allies or foes.

This paradox is why we flip out when we catch somebody breaking the rules. There are people (usually those that know nothing of war) that actually believe that we follow that worthless treaty. We never have adhered to it because it can't be followed. As far as a code of conduct on the battlefield it is absurd.

I never said that I have to live in a country where only the rules I believe in are valid. We probably both have some laws that we don't believe in and probably even some laws we don't obey.

Fear not, I am not a member of the armed forces for the very reason that I can't reconcile my politics with the code of that institution.

DelicateSound
12-21-2001, 05:58 PM
Although I do disagree. I'm not a member of our (GREAT) armed forces, as my lack of 20/20 vision prevents me from being a pilot (lifelong dream).

I don't get mad
I get VERY mad (when GDA perverts my cat)

Fu-Pow
12-21-2001, 06:02 PM
I think people should be prosecuted for even thinking anything bad about President Bush or U.S. foreign policy. We're saints in all this. There's just no way in hell that our government could ever be wrong about anything. We live in a democracy. That means everything you see on the news is the truth. And if you disagree with me then your unpatriotic and you should be subjected to torture and electric shock therapy.

More to come, but I've got things to do....I'm gonna put on my wife beater, sit on my porch, drink some beer and pick off pedestrians with my .22

See you all in hell!!!:mad:

David Jamieson
12-21-2001, 06:05 PM
don't forget to kick your dog Fu :D

kidding...
peace

Silumkid
12-21-2001, 06:21 PM
That's what I love about this forum. A person can make a post that gets words placed into it by others that were never said in the first place, and yet others will take cheap shots because they have nothing else to base their post numbers on.

For instance, I don't recall ever having said that BinHitler turned on us immediately after the Russia/Afghani conflict. Maybe I have some rare condition that bars me from reading my own words? I just don't see it. And I don't see what is "revisionist" by saying they shot us in the back for being capitalist dogs. It seems you said we abandoned Afghanistan...turned our backs, so to speak? Although that would be completely discounting the fact that we have been the largest supplier of humanitarian aid to Afghanistan in the world. Revisionist? Hmmm...

And Fu-Pow, your thinly veiled "white trash" jab was a poor attempt at making a witty point. I seem to recall in previous posts to this (that I also seem to recall YOU contributed to) that I don't agree with everything our government does...but I'd still rather live with this one than than any other countries right now. So, get off of Grandma, you pinko commie and tell your momma to fix me up some chitlins and coller greens. You want white trash, you got it.

Ryu
12-21-2001, 08:14 PM
Hmm
How bout we end this topic, and talk about something else?

:)

Ryu