PDA

View Full Version : For the throwers, a cool drill.

Nutt'nhunny
11-09-2001, 06:26 AM
Smear the queer, the football drill. ONe person takes an object like a football and the rest try to tackle him. Great for fall.

Your job is to outmove, slip and throw your opponents into each other to maintain possesion of the object. We did this like basketball 21 so you had to "take it out" and then run for the goal line. I used body controls to spin people into each other and won. Very fun and a great shuai chiao drill. Multiple opponent training. Internal arts especially should play this way every now and then

Sharky
11-09-2001, 07:33 AM
did that bloke have a hardon when u played " smear the queer " ?

All i wanted was some RICE CAKES! Now? WE MUST BATTLE.

KungFuGuy!
11-09-2001, 09:22 AM
I've played that game, only we call it "kill the carrier". That way it isn't an insult to have the ball, it's just very dangerous.

neptunesfall
11-09-2001, 01:53 PM
kung fu rugby.

i still prefer traditional shuai chiao drills though.

Kristoffer
11-09-2001, 04:54 PM
hmm, sounds like a fun one

~K~
"maybe not in combat..... but think of the chicks man, the chicks!"

neptunesfall
11-09-2001, 06:30 PM
i'm almost to 100 posts. yippie.

Water Dragon
11-09-2001, 09:21 PM
I LOVE that game!!!

Stranger
11-09-2001, 09:28 PM
We called that game "rumble".

We also used to play another game called "Kill the President". One kid would be the President, about a dozen kids would be his bodyguards, and everybody else tried to "kill" the President.

Good stuff.

I don't get mad.
I get stabby.

neptunesfall
11-10-2001, 12:22 AM
did you get to shoot at him?

blaktiger
11-10-2001, 10:43 PM
that was definitely "smear the queer."

Actually we did a drill in kung fu class that reminded me of that. One student stands in the middle of a large circle of the others. My Si-heng would call out someone's name from the circle. That student would have to walk in and "attack" the student inside the circle, using a double fist or double palm heel strike. The student in the middle had to avoid the incoming strike with a parry block.

After a while, the student in the middle would have to defend against 4 or 5 attackers simultaneously. With those kinds of numbers, you really had to get creative with parry blocks, avoiding, or using one opponent against two or three incoming. Lots of fun, but we were all kind of bruised and scratched up after an hour of this.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++
"I'll be too busy lookin' good!"