PDA

View Full Version : OT - guilt

Sharky
11-09-2001, 07:24 AM
do u ever feel guilty for no *apparent* reason. i dunno why i feel guilty. it's 5:12am and two neighbours came round to chat like 3hrs ago, and, as i didn't know them too well (two girls from the student house next door) i did what we all do - told small porkies. i mean small. or maybe is it cos i said i'd goto bed at 8pm as i've not had more than 5hrs sleep a night this week, and like i said it's 5:12am? or that i left speaking to my bro on msn messinger to speak to them and that's really rude? or is it cos i have 2 large and difficult programming bits of coursework and an exam on monday that i am not even near to finishing, don't know how to do it, feel stupid, and am panicking?

maybe it's cos i don't fit in at uni, haven't found any people that know me well, my course has 3 (count em) girls on it, i'm bored, and, best of all, don't like computing? maybe it's something to do with the fact that in wales, and in this uni, the way i speak, dress and and present myself is different to everyone else? is it because i fancy one of the girls that came round and she has a boyfriend? Is it because i KNOW i will either FORCE myself from getting up early 2morrow OR, i will get up late, and panic some more with my java? and sit there all day looking at incorrect code?

I've always been a lone soldier man.

I can't tell what the emotion is thought. I think it's guilt, boredom and also panic because of my work that i can't do that well. I fear i don't have much time.

Oh well.

All i wanted was some RICE CAKES! Now? WE MUST BATTLE.

Sharky
11-09-2001, 07:27 AM
that doesn't make any sense

Sharky
11-09-2001, 07:28 AM
i am not drunk

Chang Style Novice
11-09-2001, 07:33 AM
No, but you are fatigued. Go to bed, set your alarm for six hours from now, wake up and do some qigong and drink some ginseng tea. That should be enough to get you on track with your school assignments.

As to the rest, you just moved away from your folks and everyone you know. Stress will be there, no matter what. Try to be steady, open, and friendly. You don't want to turn into me circa the RAGE! thread.

diego
11-09-2001, 12:00 PM
shark i advise you blow it off get out the henny and straighte get PANTSZZT.Wtf??

you never answerewd that email..WTF

"I finish the job with a tiger claw into the throat. Remember guys'INSERT CORNY WHITEBOY VOICE' use extreme violence against your opponents always, that will discourage them from hurting other people" kungfu site technique sec.VS?."...

Sharky
11-09-2001, 04:45 PM
what email? i've changed email accounts ages ago, so if you sent me an email, i didn't get it mate.

Chang Style Novice
11-10-2001, 12:44 AM
Oh yeah, nothing chases away fatigue and depression like booze. Good advice! :eek:

neptunesfall
11-10-2001, 12:45 AM
it works for a few million americans! :o

diego
11-10-2001, 01:22 AM
yawn

"I finish the job with a tiger claw into the throat. Remember guys'INSERT CORNY WHITEBOY VOICE' use extreme violence against your opponents always, that will discourage them from hurting other people" kungfu site technique sec.VS?."...

Sharky
11-10-2001, 01:45 AM
why does my number of posts keep rising even though i haven't posted in ages and don't really post much anymore? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Chang Style Novice
11-10-2001, 06:20 AM
Totally missed that, diego. As a great man once said, "D'oh!" Please disregard my snappy comeback.

joedoe
11-10-2001, 06:38 AM
Sharky, if you need any programming advice, email me. Either myself or a friend may be able to help.

cxxx[]:::::::::::>
You're fu(king up my chi

Sharky
11-10-2001, 10:59 PM
ABandit! I managed to write a program in Java. But that's only 6/20 marks for the work. The other 14 marks? I HAVE TO CONVERT IT INTO ASSEMBLY LANGUAGE. The lecturer is terrible, and his notes are even worse. I dunno what to do. If you can help, or anyone else, please mail me, or get me on MSN messinger, my email is eshakarchi@hotmail.com.

Nexus
11-10-2001, 11:05 PM
Converting to assemly requires you to know the assembly codes and what each of their functions are. Assembly is one step up from machine code, and there are lots of great references on the internet that teach assembly programming techniques. Just stick 'assembly programming' into any good search engine for a quick start.

- Nexus

joedoe
11-11-2001, 12:23 AM
Man, I am so sorry. I hated assembler and the only guy in the office that knows much about it is off for a week. Sorry to offer you help and not come through for you :(

Nexus is right though - it is a matter of knowing the assembler codes and how they work, then putting them together to do what your Java program does.

You're fu(king up my chi

Sharky
11-11-2001, 02:00 AM
ok i've written the first few lines, but i don't know how to loop the ******. oh well.

diego
11-11-2001, 03:12 AM
i can hook you up with beats online

if i throw sand in ya face;WILL YOU Blink".

Sharky
11-11-2001, 04:22 AM
i be makin my own beats man, but havin trouble makin bass lines n ****. I could use my guitar but it would sound brass.

Sharky
11-11-2001, 04:22 AM
where u get the beats from?

joedoe
11-11-2001, 04:31 AM
I can't remember, but I think looping is done by jumping back to a previous instruction. I cannot remember the code though :(

You're fu(king up my chi

Sharky
11-11-2001, 04:33 AM
"I think looping is done by jumping back to a previous instruction."

U reckon huh? :p

joedoe
11-11-2001, 04:40 AM
Well, I told you I hated assembler :)

You're fu(king up my chi

MaFuYee
11-11-2001, 06:02 PM
sharky,
crack is bad.

- neque mibi quisquam Judaeorum fabulas objiciat.

Sharky
11-11-2001, 07:04 PM
cliche

Bessho
11-11-2001, 11:32 PM
hey sharky - f you need help just punt me an email.