PDA

View Full Version : fa-jing training in bagua

baguatc
12-21-2001, 01:40 PM
So . . . how do you guys do it? What kind of fa-jing drills do different bagua people have? At what point in your training is fa-jing practice introduced? Compared to, like, xingyi's 5 element fist training.

maoshan
12-21-2001, 11:13 PM
I don't have much time, but i'll give you as much as time affords.

Walking the circle using the Crane Step:
As you walk the circle the foot is raised to the knee level and thrust forward and placed down flat. This method is not easy, it has to be done in the lower basin. I was in agony for months.
This is a yin fu method.

AS Variation I got from Lin Chao Zhen was to walk with the traditional Mud Step where the foot travels level with the ground
and lands flat. In Lin's method, with each step you had to kick
and land softly. It really made you slow down thus increasing the intencity on your legs.

one of the more common methods is to practice Reeling Silk type strikes against trees to get fa-Jing in the upper body.

But to answer the second half of your question, That type of training should only be taught after you've gained structural alignment and some internal fortification. other wise you risk internal damage. How much damage depends on the power issued and the streanth of the practitioner.

ohm well times up got to go

peace
maoshan