PDA

View Full Version : The Knee

red5angel
12-21-2001, 02:59 PM
Does Wing Chun use the knee at all? I have not advanced far enough to see it if it does. I was just wondering as it seems if it were used to stop kicks at the source it woul dbe within the tenets of WC.

rubthebuddha
12-21-2001, 03:19 PM
at least wt does. if you have an opponent doubled over and reeling, grab hold of their head and introduce it to mr. knee.

do NOT try this against any decent grappler when they're shooting in or attempting a takedown, or you'll be on your back quicker than sylvia saint. like any other committed wing chun strike, use it when you know it's safe to do so. like when you've kicked 'em in the gut time or so and tenderized the back of their neck with a few fak saus, then see how ugly you can make them with your knee.

red5angel
12-21-2001, 03:24 PM
I have seen that I think, so I know what you are talking about. How about to stop a kick? Like kicking the thigh of an opponent who is lifting his leg to begin a kick. Instead, you are in close, you use your knee?

Majic Sam
12-21-2001, 03:49 PM
There is a part of the dummy form called sticking legs which has knees also.

Gluteus Maximus
12-22-2001, 06:02 AM
"Instead, you are in close, you use your knee?"

If you're in close, many opponents can't kick powerfully anyway.

You can usually stop kicks in their tracks in close by just raising your knee - not necessarily striking with it.

I also like slamming their head into my knee the way Rubthebuddha described, when the opportunity presents itself, such as tan da --> extend tan hand behind neck --> jerk his neck down as he's is already buckling from your punch to stomach/solar plexus area --> crash your knee into his head --> return your raised knee to the ground via a stomp or sidekick to his knee, etc.

An alternative in-close kick is to strike with the shin rather than the knee. In one movement, jerk your knee upwards and inwards and slam your shin-bone into the side of their thigh and scrape it upwards. If they're bent forwards, this kick can reach their ribs and really hurt.

tnwingtsun
12-23-2001, 02:38 PM
"or you'll be on your back quicker than sylvia saint."

ROTFLMAO!!!!:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

KenWingJitsu
12-25-2001, 01:20 AM
rubthebudha is correct...(as usual)