PDA

View Full Version : Whatever happened to Illusionfist, count and bak mei ???

Wongsifu
11-09-2001, 10:26 AM
I may have missed their posts but i was just wondering where they got too, i remember bak mei was saying he is sick of the forums and all these wanabee's and mma cr@p but he came back after that...

Just wondering,I'm getting a bit sick of the forums laterly , the jokes are funny and the movies that are posted , but ive just had enough of all this mma trolling, ive been on this forum for 2 years now, b4 that under a diff name, and it just never ends , and it looks like all the good kung fu guys are leaving day by day because they arent bothered to share knowledge with people who dont give a hoot.

what do bin laden and general custer have in common????
They're both wondering where the fu(k all of those tomahawks are coming from. - donated by mojo

Wongsifu
11-09-2001, 10:43 AM
i just saw the post about bjj and kikcboxing never becoming mcdojo's it received 50 posts in almost no time at all.
Am i the only one sick of these posts ???
It seems i am since everyone else joins the bumrush.
Just out of intererst plz tell me to pack my bag and leave and that everyone else on the board is infatuated by why ring sports are the best things in the world . I think i will go and join the under ground or mousels forum so that i can talk about the effectiveness of kung fu with guys over there.

They're both wondering where the fu(k all of those tomahawks are coming from. - donated by mojo

L D S
11-09-2001, 02:41 PM
They just moved to:web page (http://www.forumco.com/hungkuennet/)
web page (http://www.cyberkwoon.com/)

Ling

count
11-09-2001, 03:29 PM
Actually, I am still here. I haven't been posting lately here or at cyberkwoon. I just haven't felt the desire to post in any of the topics lately. A lot of work, intense training and my family have taken priority. I still read some of the posts from time to time but mostly bored with the endless chit chat, off topic posts and silly feuds. I do post on the internal board and have a private forum I set up just for bagua at my teachers website but I too miss many of the people who have left the forum who had a lot to offer. I agree with you about the interest in MMA being greater here than the interest in kung fu. Kung fu is just too hard for most people to learn to use and the popularity of the "short-cut" systems is pretty typical of most Americans tastes. But anyway, don't get to discouraged. Every now and than you'll see some good threads. Over the years, I have learned a lot from these forums both reading and writing on them. And I have met some serious martial artists along the way. I know it can be hard to weed through at times. Weeds grow pretty fast and take over the garden. But even some weeds can look interesting and serve a purpose in nature. This forum still has a lot to offer. Hope all is well with your training and school. :)

Count

Kabooom.com (http://kabooom.com)

Chi Kung International (http://chikungintl.com)

http://kabooom.com/af.gif ΓΏ

HuangKaiVun
11-09-2001, 04:54 PM
In a sea of misery, the GEMS stick out.

Sharky
11-09-2001, 05:05 PM
Thanks huang :D :D :D

All i wanted was some RICE CAKES! Now? WE MUST BATTLE.

jimmy23
11-09-2001, 05:44 PM
Ralek defeated them all with bjj, and vanquished them to the nether regions of the internet

"You guys have obviously never done any real fighting if you are mocking spitting"
Spinning Backfist

Merryprankster
11-09-2001, 10:41 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Kung fu is just too hard for most people to learn to use and the popularity of the "short-cut" systems is pretty typical of most Americans tastes.[/quote]

See, this is EXACTLY the kind of problem that us "MMA types," have with this strange "mindset," for lack of a better term...

I give you your due that CMA's can be effective assuming that hardcore training, involving live active opponents, is an integral part of learning.

Now, return the favor. Dedication is dedication is dedication. You NEVER stop learning Judo. You NEVER stop learning wrestling... or boxing or Muay Thai or BJJ. None of them are "short cut," styles. They are different than most CMA, but they are hardly "short cuts," It all takes practice, dedication and strength of will, and patience to learn things inside and out, whether Kung Fu or Karate or BJJ.

Wongsifu
11-10-2001, 12:12 AM
very true merryp... i agree tottaly.
I dont believe that judo and bjj are short cuts at all , i mean if kimura or chang tung sheng spent his whole life just getting better and better then these m.a are obviously good, i have nothing against them.My only point is that im sick of hearing things like ive never seen karate test itslef against modern mma or ive never seen kung fu tested or especially things like , what techinques do not work against a takedown just because they arent done how a grappler would do them.
Also in traditional kung fu you hear things like 2 years for standing 3 for walking and then you begin training internal martial arts , i mean 5 total years of basics before any martial art is learned is crazy so obviously nobody goes through the right processes for learing traditional nowadays.
I also agree about the fighting part , i mean 100 yaers ago if you didnt fight using kung fu then you wouldnt even bother learning it nowaday smost practitioners cant punch through a wet tissue and yet they dont spar because they are too deadly.

count
11-10-2001, 12:41 AM
your dedication is admirable as a couple others who have come here and shared. And the fact that you admittedly take from judo, muay thai, boxing, wrestling etc, and continue to do so, shows you are not looking for shortcuts. That with the fact that you don't ever posture yourself as some kind of hot shot after learning a little technique set you apart from most. I don't even mind the discussion with other folks about other styles of martial arts but going over the same old arguments is just not productive. All that said, this is a CMA forum. There are alot of good MMA forums too. Having kids with a year or two of training giving advice on a public forum to people with 20 plus years of hardcore training is laughable. When people with zero experience in CMA make posts of their arts superiority on a CMA forum it's just not worth my time to debate. Two years in any martial art hardly make you qualified to speak. On the other side of the coin, there are people here who have vast amounts of knowledge to share. Yet, as wongsifu pointed out, their posts here, get burred on the bottom while some of the more ridiculous posts get 50 replies within minutes. Why would anyone waste their time arguing about CMA with someone who has never even seen CMA? No, I think I'll just hang around for the laughs. You never know when a good post will come up. As HKV said, "In a sea of misery, the GEMS stick out."

Count

Kabooom.com (http://kabooom.com)

Chi Kung International (http://chikungintl.com)

http://kabooom.com/af.gif

illusionfist
11-10-2001, 01:41 AM
I'm still around. I just dont get on the forums as much anymore.

toddbringewatt
11-10-2001, 01:49 AM
Victims of the latest Ralek challenges. GO TEAM NINTENDO!

"Bruce Leroy. That's who!"

Merryprankster
11-10-2001, 02:07 AM
LOL at Bruce!

Alright, alright. I yield! I tap out!

I've been overwhelmed by niceness :) I apologize for the tone of the post. I had been training since 8ish in the morning and hadn't eaten anything all day :)

Wong: Don't worry, I promise we will still have productive disagreements about what's the better way to defend a takedown :)

Wongsifu
11-10-2001, 03:48 PM
thanks count and illusionfist its nice to know you guys are still around.ITs a shame it looks like bak mei has dissapeared .
This is what bugs me like you said over the net 100 people with 1 year experience drown out 10 people who know what they talk about.
MerryP I cant wait for more of those lovely conversations :D

Yin Chuan
11-10-2001, 04:44 PM
Im 43 and Ive been training for a long while and I believe I have learned from sooooo many different people from soooo many disciplines(karate,kung fu,judo,bjj,etc.)Yes I now train in judo but I am here trying to get opinions and knowledge from many different people who have experience in the Chinese martial arts.I am especially interested in the internal arts(health orientated).I am not a great athlete or competitor..never have been but for whatever reason since I was a kid I just loved to lift,run,and read study and practice the martial arts.I look for the sameness in things-the similarities instead of the differences.To some this is a strange outlook but to me,its just who I am.Wongsifu,you may be discouraged but there are many out here who you may offer just a piece of info to and it may change their lives forever.I have 3 kids and one is in college.I drive a forklift for a living in a very cold environement and you know what?The glass is half full.I have no choice in this attitude...its a matter of providing for my family.Good luck in whatever direction you choose to go in but always remember there are always people out here willing to share with you. :cool: