PDA

View Full Version : Man with explosives on plane.

rogue
12-22-2001, 03:55 PM
http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/20011222/ts/crime_plane_bomber_dc_2.html

Bak Mei
12-22-2001, 04:01 PM
So it begins. We (civilians) got off lucky on this one. Glad that people reacted properly. I'm going to turn on CNN and see if they are discussing this -- or hiding it during the Holiday season.

SevenStar
12-22-2001, 04:17 PM
I'm glad to hear that this was taken care of before something tragic happened. It show that we still have holes in airline security though.

SevenStar
12-22-2001, 04:33 PM
It's on the local news here, right now. The flight attendant is being treated for bite wounds.

KungFuGuy!
12-22-2001, 04:50 PM
Whatever happened to that "increased security" for airports? I hope a few people get fired for this. It's just like a month ago in texas where that old man accidently brought his hand gun on the place with him. Realizing this, he got off the plane to put it away, and told the security of their mistake. They rewarding his honesty by arresting him.

diego
12-22-2001, 04:59 PM
it wrote like he was a arab and lit a match so they tackled him??
this was midflight??

Yung Apprentice
12-22-2001, 06:18 PM
The guy had explosives in his shoes? I work as a security guard at an airport here in Vegas, and believe me our job ain't easy. We work with some old eguipment. Airlines that "SAY" that they want there passengers to feel secure won't even spring for new and better equipment.We get people complaining all the time that we are to strict, I guess nobody wants us to take the proper precautions to make their flight safe. I had a guy come in the other day who complained how we were to strict in our security, and he said to me," Well they didn't do this to me in Washington D.C". I told him," I feel sorry for anyone who flies out of that airport." It seems to me that everyone focuses on the negative. S H I T at my airport we caught five guns in the last seven days. Did that make headlines? Nope it made a little blurb at the bottom of the newspaper. Nobody even heard about it until I told them.Wheres our thanks, you're doing a good job?Someone somewhere else scews up it makes headlines and is the talk for days. Then we get stupid customers that ask me,"Why did ya'll mess up over there in Seattle"? As if I personally knew the guy. The only thing we get is being blamed for S H I T that happened at another airport. I'm sorry guys, I'm just venting.

wushu chik
12-22-2001, 06:29 PM
It's OK Yung...we understand. Here's the prob. It's because people don't want to give up THEIR OWN time or money for it...but they will b!tch because they want it done for them. And when it IS done....they are giving up their time and money!! It's a vicious circle...but such as life!!

~Wen~

Yung Apprentice
12-23-2001, 06:14 AM
Now there is talk that people might have to take their shoes off and pass them thru the x-ray. I can see it now. A long line awaiting barefoot or in there socks looking hella disgruntled. Oh joy. "Here sir let me random check you." The look on their face as they turn and see who is calling them. Poor lil 'ol me is the only one people can take there frustrations out on. I'm the scapegoat. Hopefully the FAA will use common sense (like that will ever happen) and not make us enforce such a stupid (and I'm pretty sure stinky) rule.

Can you imagine the stench?

SevenStar
12-23-2001, 12:03 PM
Maybe they'll add a little bath area and have them wash their feet before passing through. Remember, this type of thing is new to everyone, so they are likely just adding new scenarios and procedures as they arise. It'll get better for you.

Fish of Fury
12-23-2001, 02:36 PM
Well, if some @rsehole/s wanted to cause considerable trauma, christmas would be a likely time to do it :(

so extra alertness now is a good thing

Yung Apprentice
12-23-2001, 08:03 PM
About 6 out of ten people think it's good. So it's cool to at least have the majority on your side.

rogue
12-24-2001, 08:01 AM
"The guy had explosives in his shoes?"

"It's on the local news here, right now. The flight attendant is being treated for bite wounds."

This guy is like a terrorist version of Maxwell Smart trained in Kino Mutai.

Funny he doesn't look like a terrorists.:D

Ford Prefect
12-24-2001, 09:00 AM
He looks like they laid a good whoopin on him.