PDA

View Full Version : Mr.Nemo is slacking again (pride results)

qeySuS
12-23-2001, 10:08 AM
Just thought you might like it:

"Daijiro Matsui defeated Quinton Jackson by Disqualification 0:14 1R (Knee to the Groin)

Alex Stiebling defeated Allan Goes by TKO (Knees) 0:47 3R

Murilo "Ninja" Rua defeated Alex Andrade by Decision (3-0)

Norihisa Yamamoto defeated Jan "The Giant" Nortje by Submission (Armbar) 1:43 1R

Igor Vovchanchyn defeated Valentijn Overeem by Submission (Heel Hook) 4:35 1R

Jeremy Horn defeated Akira Shoji by Decision (3-0) 3R

Vanderlei Silva defeated Alexander Otsuka by TKO (Doctor Stoppage from Broken Nose) 2:22 3R

Semmy Schilt defeated Yoshihiro Takayama, KO (Head Punch) 3:09 1R "

IMO not a very exciting card (when you look at it) but i'll propably awtch it anyone once it gets to USA (and then i can DL it ;).

Interesting that Vovchanchyn won by heelhook, he has only won 2 times to my knowledge by submission, even if he's got the perfect chance he always punches the guy out. And aparently Steibling tapped out but the judge didnt see it, and so he went on to win the match, they are saying he might be stripped of the victory and it given to Goes.

Mr. Nemo
12-23-2001, 11:20 AM
Christ, you get a little fame and every kid with a keyboard comes after you.

I stayed up late listening to the paltalk play by play and then slept in....anyway, here's some more detail:

Matsui vs. Jackson - It was a HUGE knee to the groin. Matsui had to be taken out in a stretcher. Some people were wondering if the knee was intentional. People are irritated with Jackson.

Goes vs. Steibling - controversial. Officially Steibling wins by knees to the head from sidemount (ref stoppage) - but the paltalk commentators were saying that Steibling clearly tapped three times (the magic number in pride) to a kimura earlier in the fight. Goes was winning up until the last round, with Steibling barely making it out of numerous submissions.

Ninja vs. Andrade - Ninja dominated the whole fight - his performance against Henderson was no fluke. Very active ground and pound with good takedowns. My only regret about Ninja is that he can't fight Silva (they're on the same team) - it would be a great fight I think.

Yamamoto vs. Nortje - Under the special k-1 vs. Pride rules(three minute rounds), Yamamoto wins by armbar. Everyone was relieved that this fight wasn't a boring-ass decision. NOt a pride-quality matchup.

Overeem vs. Igor - Igor looked good, according to the paltalk announcers, maybe he isn't burned out after all. Overeem showed a lot of promise in RINGS, but this is the second time this so called "leglock expert" has tapped to a leglock (Igor and Assurio Silva). Igor wins by submission again - cool. He also had a slick ankle lock escape earlier in the fight, and floored Overeem with a big 1-2 early in the fight.

Shoji vs. Horn - Goes the distance, with Horn winning. Shoji's gotta be irritated with the pride refs, he got a yellow card for stalling, he also got a yellow card for stalling vs. Henderson which I feel was undeserved. Anyway, Horn looks good, nice to see him fighting again. People were suggested a Horn vs. NInja fight, which I'd want to see.

Silva vs. Otsuka - Not a total blowout as many thought it would be. Otsuka put up a good fight until it was stopped from a cut that came from a Silva knee. It was actually pretty even in the beginning, but Silva wore Otsuke down and was landing knees and soccer kicks by the last round.

Schilt vs. Takeyama - The weakest main event Pride's had in as long as I can remember - even Fujita-Takeyama turned out well. Anyway, this was a freak show match between the seven foot guy and the 290 pound guy - the seven foot guy won by KO. Schilt almost got a triangle into armbar early in the fight.

As for the weakness of this card, remember that pride just had a huge show that sold out the tokyo dome - that can't hope to do that again in only a month. They're saving their big guns for the next K-1 vs. Inoki show, and maybe the middleweight grand prix (rumor has it Royce and Frank SHamrock may be in the middleweight grand prix)

qeySuS
12-23-2001, 11:49 AM
when you say your "always" first :P You gotta go after it!

I was going to listen to pal talk but i thought the **** thing was today.

SevenStar
12-23-2001, 11:49 AM
Silva is a frickin monster.

NafAnal
12-23-2001, 04:39 PM
I bet he's a big softie at heart and cuddles up with a teddy bear and a cup of cocoa every evening...

NafAnal
12-23-2001, 04:40 PM
oh and a big pair of fluffy bunny slippers