PDA

View Full Version : Master Cheuk Fung videos

Syre
12-24-2001, 02:46 AM
I noticed that a Master Cheuk Fung teaches what he calls Yi Chuan Gung Fu in San Francisco.

I found his web page, with some video clips.

He says that he teaches this style and:

Syre
12-24-2001, 02:48 AM
Master Fung is a direct lineage disciple in the Hop Gar system and is internationally respected for his expertise in Mok Gar, Southern Dragon, and Tung Be systems of kung fu as well. He is well known for his subtle and explosive internal power in Yi Chuan. He has incorporated an Esoteric Buddhist Chi Kung method to attune energy for the benefit of his students.

The videos of his demostrations of this explosive power are at http://www.yichuankungfu.com/video.htm

Would anyone care to comment about him, the style, or the clips?

Thanks.

GunnedDownAtrocity
12-24-2001, 03:25 AM
downloading a couple now.

christ i wish i were at work for once.

ds3 at work ... 56k here.

GunnedDownAtrocity
12-24-2001, 03:31 AM
i have only seen two so far.

from what i have seen i would say that no person of reasonable intelligence would even try to put that on tape unless it were fake, let alone put it up on their site.

old jong
12-24-2001, 06:28 AM
Funny stuff.....Again!:rolleyes: :o

MonkeySlap Too
12-24-2001, 08:17 AM
I'll try and check him out later next month, and I'll report here.

I have always been curious about Yi Chuan. When I lived in Chicago Wai Lun Choi used to talk about the founder of Yi Chuan like he was the Sh!t. So maybe there is something there. If not, well I'll have funny stories to tell..

JF Springer
12-24-2001, 08:59 AM
Hello - How long ago were you in Chicago? Perhaps you can help me with something if you active in the TCMA scene at that time. I would appreciate an offline response if possible and my E-mail address is listed in my profile. Thanks, JFS

Syre
12-24-2001, 05:52 PM
You mean you're going to go down to his class and check him out?

I am curious as to whether he will actually demonstrate any of these supposed chi powers he has.

HopGar
12-24-2001, 09:20 PM
im in Hop Gar and I know the lineage pretty well and I believe there are only 2 real gandmasters as of now -my sifu, sifu Ku Chi Wai and another guy in North Carolina. I never heard of this Fung guy, so I would be careful.

toddtacetta
12-25-2001, 08:04 AM
Teaches Yiquan. Yiquan was created by Mr. Wang, Xiang-Zhai.
The art is also called Dachengquan. It has been around since the 1930's I think.

Yiquan develops explosive force. Not many people teach it here in the USA. Not many Americans have what it takes to learn something like that. AND 4 Shure not the loozers I have seen posting on these message boards.

As far as the wisecrax by some of the lamers posting in this thread, you are whack for talk shizznit about something you
don't have any skill in, or train at.

That happens here a lot from the readings I've done.

NafAnal
12-25-2001, 08:51 AM
Wasn't the founder (or a high level yi chuan master) beaten by a white crane exponent? can't remember any of the names...

old jong
12-25-2001, 09:40 AM
First of all,welcome to the forum and among us poor losers.You have to understand that it is very tempting to throw wisecracks when we see feats of magic like on these clips. Inteligent people tend to be suspicious of Luke Skywalker or jedi types of demonstrations.Not that we dont believe in chi because without it ,we would not be alive to talk about all of this. Are you a student of this school?...Can you do these things?...
I would like to witness a real fight using these things.Not a demo using students.

toddtacetta
12-25-2001, 11:12 AM
I am not a student of that school. I do not do the things Fung can do. BUT no one who has posted is a member of his school, and no one who has posted trains in yiquan.

I give anyone an initial benefit of the doubt. If I can see and learn what they do, and replicate, its good. If not, then not.