PDA

View Full Version : thinking of going to chespeak, varginia for awhile are there any good kung fu schools

SanHeChuan
12-25-2001, 02:14 AM
Thinking of going to Chesapeake, Virginia for awhile are there any good kung fu schools.

My sister wants me to go stay with her awhile, and I don't want to be stuck taking TKD with her, so are there any good kung fu schools out there. I'm going to do a net search in a sec, but I wanted the KFO scoop. I'm really interested in the three sisters (but who isn't interested in three sisters right).

Thanks.

SanHeChuan
12-25-2001, 02:58 AM
Jowga Kung Fu Assoc 3101 Silina Dr Virginia Beach, VA

wing Chun Kung-Fu School Inc 3101 Silina Dr # 102 Virginia Beach, VA

King Tiger Martial Arts 906 S Lynnhaven Rd Virginia Beach, VA

Virginia Wing Chun 813 79th St Newport News, VA

Bok Nam Park
11101 Midlothian Tnpk
Richmond, VA 23235
(804) 794-8384
Pa-Kua Chang

Zhou Jianhwa
1118 Grove Ave., #32
Richmond, VA 23220
(804) 358-8469
Hsing-I
Tai-Chi

the last two are probly too far, i dont think my sister would understand me diving 2 for kung fu.

Merryprankster
12-25-2001, 01:27 PM
I don't know a whole lot about kung fu in the area, but the following fellow runs a school that practices Chi-Lin Kung Fu. I don't want to argue about lineage or system validity, because I don't know anything about it.

However, he is a serious martial artist, and promotes muay thai and vale tudo fights in the VA Beach area. If he isn't what you are looking for (lots of BJJ, Sambo, and Muay Thai classes on top of the KF), then I'm sure he can get you in touch with somebody who can help you.

Website follows: http://chi-lin.org/vbama/

mysteri
12-30-2001, 11:26 AM
SanHeChuan

if you're lookin for a purely traditional kung fu style, then there are about 3 major schools in this area that specialize only in chinese kung fu. the jow ga kung fu association(sifu hoy k. lee), the wing chun kung fu school(sifu duncan leung), and pa-kua chang(sifu bok nam park). even though i am partial to the jow ga system, if you're interested in wing chun i personally know that sifu duncan leung is one of the foremost exponents on wing chun in the world(under his sifu yip man). though i do adore the jwo ga system myself and sifu hoy k. lee is the highest ranked jow ga instructor in the country(www.jowga.com). if you're gonna be in the area for a few weeks or months, i invite you to try out all the schools. but like i said before, i dont want to make the decision for you. good luck and i'll try to be available for questions here or you're welcome to e-mail me. but the best way to have your questions answered is to come to the school for yourself.

mysteri

rogue
12-30-2001, 11:37 AM
Hey if you want to study real martial arts ( :D ) check out Frank Cucci's school. I think he's calling it Lynxx Academy or something like that.